Jürgen Diestelmann (born May 29, 1928 in Coburg ; † December 29, 2014 in Braunschweig  ) was a German Evangelical Lutheran theologian . He emerged primarily through historical-theological investigations into the doctrine and practice of Holy Communion with Martin Luther and its momentous change by Philipp Melanchthon .
Diestelmann spent his childhood and youth in Königslutter am Elm and attended Wilhelm-Gymnasium in Braunschweig, where he graduated from high school in 1948 - after temporarily attending school in Schleusingen in Thuringia and serving as an air force helper. He studied Protestant theology in Mainz , Göttingen and Tübingen . After the second exam, his vicariate in the Brunswick parish Brüdern-St. Ulrici , where he was later a pastor himself. He was ordained on June 16, 1955 . 1956–1968 he was pastor in Salzgitter-Gebhardshagen , 1968–1975 inAlfershausen ( Middle Franconia ) and from 1975 to his retirement in 1990 at the Brethren Church in Braunschweig, whose worship life he had a lasting impact. 
In his publications he dealt mainly with the Lutheran doctrine and practice of the Lord's Supper. He was co-editor of the "Brüdern-Rundbrief".
- Königslutter collegiate church. Small art guide for Lower Saxony, No. 9, Göttingen 1954 (published in several editions.)
- Consecration. Luther's belief in the Lord's Supper from a dogmatic-liturgical point of view. Shown on the basis of excerpts from sources. Lutherisches Verlagshaus, Berlin 1960 (= Lutheranism. A series of publications , edited by W. Zimmermann, issue 22).
- Jürgen Diestelmann, Johannes Kettel: The Brothers Church in Braunschweig. Langewiesche-Bücherei, Königstein / Taunus 1982, ISBN 3-7845-0285-7 .
- Actio sacramentalis. The administration of Holy Communion according to the principles of Martin Luther in the period up to the formula of the Concord. With a source appendix and several registers, Verlag der Lutherische Buchhandlung Harms, Groß Oesingen 1996, ISBN 3-86147-003-9 .
- Teaching in harmony: Festschrift for Bishop Dr. Jobst Schöne , Verlag der Lutherischen Buchhandlung, Groß Oesingen 1997, ISBN 3-86147-140-X .
- About the Lutheran mass. Congregational lectures and papers . Verlag der Lutherische Buchhandlung Harms, Groß Oesingen 1998, ISBN 3-86147-006-3 .
- Usus and Actio. Holy Communion with Luther and Melanchthon . Pro Business Verlag, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-86805-032-5 .
- Invitation to word and sacrament. Five chapters on the Lutheran mass . Verlag Pro Business Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-386386-196-4 .
- At the grave of Luther. Thoughtful and critical thoughts on the Reformation anniversary in 2017 . Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-86386-433-0 .
- Luther or Melanchthon? The break of a historical friendship and the consequences for today's ecumenism and the commemoration of the Reformation in 2017 . Verlag Pro Business, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-86386-690-7 .
- Gisa Bauer: Evangelical Movement and Evangelical Church in the Federal Republic of Germany. History of a fundamental conflict (1945 to 1989). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2012, ISBN 978-3-525-55770-9 , p. 731, also: Habilitation thesis, University of Leipzig, 2011 ( digital copy )
- Literature by and about Jürgen Diestelmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jürgen Diestelmann's online presence ( memento from December 31, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Well-known Lutheran. Jürgen Diestelmann died at the age of 86 , idea.de, message from December 30, 2014.
- Diestelmann: Vita ( Memento from December 31, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German Lutheran theologian and pastor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. May 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Coburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 29, 2014|
|Place of death||Braunschweig|