Life and work
Flemming was born in Friedrichshafen in 1921 as the son of airship Hans Curt Flemming and his wife Lisa. After graduating from the Graf-Zeppelin-Oberschule in Friedrichshafen in 1938 and completing the Reich Labor Service , Flemming took part in the Second World War as an anti-aircraft soldier . Towards the end of the war, he was taken prisoner by the French. After being released from prison in 1946 studied Flemming at the University of Tübingen Law . In 1947 his first son Hans-Curt Flemming was born in Friedrichshafen. In Tübingen he received his doctorate in law in 1953.  From 1953 he worked as a lawyerin his hometown of Friedrichshafen. From 1949 to 1955 he was district chairman of the Association of War Disabled, War Survivors and Social Pensioners in Germany for the Tettnang-Bodensee area.
Flemming was initially a member of the FDP / DVP , for which he had been a member of the Friedrichshafen municipal council since 1951. From October 15, 1955, when he replaced the resigned MP Hermann Saam , until the end of the first electoral term in 1956, he was a member of the Baden-Württemberg state parliament . At the end of the 1950s he joined the SPD. He was a member of the local council until 1967. From 1960 to 1969 he was a member of the district council of the Tettnang district and, after the regional reform, from 1971 to the district council of the Lake Constance district . There he was temporarily chairman of the SPD parliamentary group.
From 1967 to 1984 Flemming was First Mayor the Deputy Mayor of Friedrichshafen . One of his main merits is the new construction of the city hospital, which was inaugurated in 1975.
- Federal Cross of Merit on Ribbon (November 26, 1980) 
- Decoration of honor of the German Red Cross
- A Häfler with aviation fuel in his blood. Jürgen Flemming will be 90 years old on Saturday. In: Südkurier . August 19, 2010.
- Flemming, Jürgen, Dr. In: Martin Schumacher (Ed.): MdB - The People's Representation 1946–1972. - [Faber to Fyrnys] (= KGParl online publications ). Commission for the History of Parliamentarism and Political Parties e. V., Berlin 2006, ISBN 978-3-00-020703-7 , pp. 312 , urn : nbn: de: 101: 1-2014070812574 ( kgparl.de [PDF; 253] kB ; accessed on June 19, 2017]).
- Appreciation for the 90th birthday of the SPD Friedrichshafen ( Memento from February 12, 2013 in the web archive archive.today )
- Dissertation: The legal nature of the interim .
- City bids farewell to Jürgen Flemming , www.suedkurier.de, article from June 1, 2013, accessed on November 3, 2017
- Information from the Federal President's Office
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German politician (FDP / DVP, SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||21. August 1920|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Friedrichshafen|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 24, 2013|
|Place of death||Friedrichshafen|