Jürgen Gosch (born May 15, 1941 in Tönning ) is a German innkeeper , fishmonger and entrepreneur . He is the founder and managing director of the Gosch group of companies , some of which operate fish restaurants on the island of Sylt and in numerous other cities in Germany , some of which operate in a franchise system.
According to his own account, Jürgen Gosch grew up without a father. He earned his first money when he was four or five years old, pounding crabs, and in his youth he collected copper and scrap at a landfill.  Gosch completed an apprenticeship as a bricklayer because he comes from a bricklayer family. In 1966 he came to Sylt for the first time on behalf of a construction company, where, in addition to working as a bricklayer, he sold fish from a vendor's tray after work . He was a traveling trader until 1972, when he opened a snack bar at the harbor in List on Sylt with a sales vanwho claims to be the “northernmost fish stall in Germany”, which is plausible insofar as List is the northernmost town in Germany. This snack is mentioned in literature in Christian Kracht's novel Faserland .
From the 1980s, Gosch first expanded on the island and founded branches in Westerland , List and Wenningstedt . The first branches in Hamburg , Berlin and Düsseldorf were added a little later . Today he has eleven businesses on Sylt and 20 franchisees throughout Germany, as well as online shipping for fish and seafood. The cruise ships Mein Schiff 3–6 also each have a restaurant Gosch Sylt . 
In January 2013, Gosch leased the Keese café on Hamburg's Reeperbahn . At Easter 2013 “The most sinful fish stall in the world” was opened in the rooms. Gosch leased the property from the controversial entrepreneur and white-collar criminal Burim Osmani .  
In the 1970s, Jürgen Gosch met his future wife Anna, who was in charge of the company's finances. Gosch's daughter Anja is a hotel specialist and runs two Gosch bars in Westerland with her husband. Gosch's son Björn is a marine biologist. 
In 2000, the Felsenkeller brewery from Herford named Gosch “Landlord of the Year”. On the occasion of the award ceremony, the daily newspaper Die Welt described him as the “fish pope”.  On the occasion of his 70th birthday 15 May 2011 paid tribute to him, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung as "the most famous fishmonger Germany".  In May 2011, Gosch started a new restaurant on the cliff in Wenningstedt on Sylt, which was opened in September 2012, accompanied by regional media interest. [8th]
- Jürgen Gosch 70 years . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of May 14, 2011.
- "I watch the circus" - The Sylt fish king Jürgen Gosch on the rich on the island, the fight against fast food, naked people on the beach and the question of why he lived in a garage , interview with Malte Conradi. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung of June 29, 2012, page 28.
- Johannes Ritter: Jürgen Gosch - fishmonger with autograph session . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of October 21, 2013, page 24.
- Nathalie Klüver: Gosch - The Fish King of Sylt . Wachholtz Verlag, 2014, ISBN 978-3-529-07502-5 .
- Information about Jürgen Gosch and his company on the Gosch company website
- Georg Weishaupt: From bricklayer to cult figure , in: Handelsblatt August 28, 2006
- Benjamin von Stuckrad-Barre : Right down in the north . In: Die Welt from August 5, 2001
- "I watch the circus". The Sylt fish king Jürgen Gosch on the rich on the island, the fight against fast food, naked people on the beach and the question of why he lived in a garage . Interview by Malte Conradi. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . June 29, 2012, p. 28 . Quote: "At sixteen I was called the Schietbark King" (Schietbarg: coarse Low German expression for landfill)
- TUI Cruises: My ship 1-3
- Goschmani in Café Keese: Sylt aufm Kiez in: BILD newspaper, November 9, 2012
- Gosch to the Kiez: The legendary "Café Keese" is becoming a fish stall! in: Hamburger Morgenpost January 9, 2013
- Johannes Ritter: Jürgen Gosch - fishmonger with autograph session , in: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of October 21, 2013, page 24
- Die Welt : From bricklayer to "Landlord of the Year" - "Bar Oscar" awarded in Düsseldorf
- Jürgen Gosch 70 years . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . May 14, 2011 ( faz.net [accessed August 5, 2014]).
- opening ceremony in Wenningstedt from Jünnes Düne on sylt-tv.com, accessed on December 16, 2012
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German entrepreneur and fishmonger|
|DATE OF BIRTH||15. May 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tönning|