Jürgen Hambrecht - Jürgen Hambrecht
Jürgen Hambrecht studied at the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen , where he received his doctorate in organic chemistry in 1975 . In 1976 he began his career at BASF in the plastics laboratory there. He was initially responsible for research on polystyrene , styrene copolymers and polyphenylene ethers . In 1985 he became Head of Research and Purchasing at BASF Lacke und Farben AG (today BASF Coatings GmbH), Münster . From 1990 he headed the technical plastics division of BASF in Ludwigshafen am Rhein . In 1995 he switched toHong Kong and became head of the East Asia area. In 1997 he was appointed a member of the Board of Executive Directors of BASF and was its first board member based in Asia. In 2003, he took over the chairmanship of BASF from Jürgen Strube . In May 2011 he handed over the office to Kurt Bock .  After a nearly three-year "cooling period" he was proposed on February 20, 2014 candidate for the Supervisory Board of BASF,  where he was the successor of Eggert Voscherau took over the presidency.  His term of office ended with the 2020 Annual General Meeting. 
In August 2010, Hambrecht positioned himself as one of 40 signatories of the Energy Policy Appeal , a lobbying initiative of the four large electricity companies to promote the extension of the service life of German nuclear power plants. He has been a member of the FDP since 2015 . 
In 2011, Hambrecht acquired shares in the Israeli pharmaceutical company NeuroDerm Ltd. This was taken over in July 2017 by the Japanese pharmaceutical giant Mitsubishi Tanabe for 1.1 billion US dollars.  By acquiring its share 29.3 million euros was worth it.
Hambrecht is married, has four grown children and lives in Neustadt an der Weinstrasse .
Other functions and memberships
- From 2000 to May 21, 2008 member of the Supervisory Board of Bilfinger Berger AG , Mannheim
- Since 2006 partner of Robert Bosch Industrietreuhand KG (until March 31, 2019) 
- From October 2003 to September 2005 President, then Vice President of the Verband der Chemischen Industrie e. V. (VCI)
- From November 2003 to November 2005 Vice President of the Federation of German Industries. V. (BDI)
- From July 2006 to July 2010 Chairman of the Asia-Pacific Committee of German Business (APA)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Daimler AG since 2008
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Fuchs Petrolub SE in Mannheim (until May 7, 2019) 
- Until 2014  member of the supervisory board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG , member of the executive committee, of the mediation and nomination committee of the supervisory board
- Member of the board of the Siepmann Foundation , the controlling body of the ALDI SÜD group .  (until 2016  )
- Hambrecht has been a member of the ethics committee for secure energy supply since March 2011
- Hambrecht has been Chairman of the Trumpf Group's Supervisory Board since January 2013 . 
- Member of the Board of Directors of Nyxoah SA 
Hambrecht is personally involved in the association Wissensfabrik - Companies for Germany e. V. , which has set itself the goal of getting children excited about the natural sciences in their early childhood education  and supporting young entrepreneurs with contacts and public relations work. 
- 2005: Manager of the year 2005 in Germany, elected by Manager Magazin
- 2011: Honorary Senator of the University of Tübingen
- 2012: Prize for good corporate management from the German Association for Protection of Securities Holdings eV (DSW) 
- 2013: Prize for Social Market Economy from the Konrad Adenauer Foundation
- Grignard reaction on cyclobutene diones: preparation and complex chemical conversion of aliphatic bisacetylene ketones. Dissertation. Tübingen 1975.
- Barbara Nolte, Jan Heidtmann: Jürgen Hambrecht "Anyone who is afraid in my position is out of place." In: Barbara Nolte, Jan Heidtmann, Die da oben, interior views from German executive floors , Suhrkamp, Frankfurt am Main 2009, ISBN 978-3-518-12599-1 , pp. 165–176.
- Literature by and about Jürgen Hambrecht in the catalog of the German National Library
- The team boss , manager magazin , January 11, 2006
- Kurt Bock becomes the new CEO of BASF SE ( Memento from January 17, 2013 in the web archive archive.today ).
- Supervisory Board of BASF SE proposes representatives of the shareholders for election by the Annual General Meeting ( Memento from February 20, 2014 in the web archive archive.today )
- Jürgen Hambrecht elected as the new Chairman of the Supervisory Board of BASF SE ( Memento from July 10, 2014 in the web archive archive.today )
- Hambrecht leaves BASF. Retrieved June 24, 2020 .
- BASF supervisory board chairman Hambrecht joins the FDP. Retrieved November 1, 2015 .
- Reuters: Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma to Buy Israel's Neuroderm for $1.1 Billion. Abgerufen am 13. August 2017.
- Annual Report 2019. Accessed June 24, 2020 .
- Invitation to the Annual General Meeting 2019. Accessed on June 24, 2020 .
- Lufthansa press release on the Annual General Meeting on April 29, 2014.
- Aldi organization chart , Spiegel online , July 28, 2010.
- Sören Jensen: Ex-Intersport boss replaces ex-BASF boss at Aldi Süd. May 27, 2017. Retrieved February 5, 2018 .
- de.trumpf.com: Leibinger resigns from the Supervisory Board of the TRUMPF Group. Hambrecht becomes his successor. Press release of December 4, 2012, accessed on August 5, 2013.
- The Team. Accessed February 5, 2018 .
- Martin-W. Buchenau: Children learn technical basics , Handelsblatt , December 3, 2007.
- Sven Scheffler: Public Relations for Young Entrepreneurs , Handelsblatt, July 11, 2008, ( PDF ; 200 kB, 2 pages).
- DSW Prize for Good Corporate Management 2012. Accessed February 5, 2018 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German chemist and CEO of BASF|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20. August 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Reutlingen|