Jürgen Heinz (* 1969 in Bensheim ) is a German metal sculptor . He is a representative of New Concrete Art and Abstract Art . His artistic position arises from a fascination with movement, change and contradiction.
After training as a metal designer, Heinz spent his apprenticeship and traveling years in Germany and Switzerland, among others with Hans-Ueli Baumgartner in Lucerne, Jochen Wünsche in Kassel and Ernst Schindler in Stuttgart. The degree was completed in 1995 by studying at the Werkakademie für Gestaltung, Kassel. An activity as a lecturer there followed.  In 1996, Heinz took the master craftsman's examination at the Oberursel metal college, and since 1997 he has been working as a freelancer. Heinz lives in Darmstadt , he has his studio in Lorsch .
In a first group of works, ensembles were created that derive their effect from how the individual parts or figures relate to one another in their similarity or difference, including the installation Kommunikation  or , which was created in 2009 as art in public space for the city of Lorsch the installation, created in 2011, pause - a snapshot of reflection in the social collective. The group of figures consists of 80 individual reduced body silhouettes, distributed on plinths with 2 or 3 figures each, which the artist dissolved after staging three times and given them individually.
In a further creative phase, Heinz experimented with the subject of movement. The modularly structured works are not movable by themselves, but they encourage the viewer to freely arrange the individual parts, reduced in their form, over and over again and to sound out their relationship and effect on one another, as in People (2015). 
In 2013, Heinz created his first moving sculpture . In the works in this group of works, steel objects up to two meters high swing with poetic grace - soundless and seemingly weightless - when the viewer sets them in motion by touch. These sculptures draw their partially lyrical effect  from the contrast between their closed, block-like form, which appears heavy and static, and the ease of movement when they are set in vibration and the body shape dissolves and reassembles in rhythmic alternation.  »The works communicate with the viewer. They encourage and challenge to act. «  An example of this is the 220 cm high stele of friendshipwhich was set up on the occasion of the Hemsbach Sculpture Symposium 2017 in the public space at the Wiesensee in Hemsbach . 
As part of the international wind art festival moved wind , Heinz installed works in the open air that can be assigned to wind art ; For example, the wind kinetic sculpture Moving Clouds 2018 was set up on Hohen Dörnberg . [8th]
- Art Days Brauweiler (as well as 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
- Sculpture Park Mörfelden Walldorf (and 2015)
- Sculpture Network: Gastgeber International New Year’s Brunch 2014, 2015, 2017
- Movement in space, Jürgen Heinz + Uwe Krafczik, Gerdi Gutperle art space
- Emotions, Jürgen Heinz + Günter Uttecht, Offenbach Art Association
- Interface, solo exhibition at the Municipal Gallery Mörfelden Walldorf
- Moving Sculpture, solo exhibition Frankfurter Künstlerclub
- The space within, Jürgen Heinz + Katharina Lehmann, Benjamin Eck I + II
- Encounters, Jürgen Heinz + Adelka John, Atelier Westfalenhütte
- Moving emotions, Jürgen Heinz + Sussi Hodel, Galerie Obertor Chur
- Art touched , group exhibition room S4 Mannheim, art competence Petra Kern (also 2018)
- Fieseler + Heinz , Liebau Gallery, Burghaun
In addition, Heinz regularly exhibits at art fairs in Karlsruhe  , Frankfurt am Main, Basel, Brussels and Strasbourg.
- 2015 winner of the jury award of the 18th Sculpture Park Mörfelden Walldorf
- MOVING SCULPTURES, 2nd edition, 2016, publisher: Büro für Kunst am Bau und im Raum, Heppenheim 2016
- Leaving a piece of your soul behind , Marjana Gaponenko Chamisso Literature Prize winner 2013, Matchbox Diaries Lorsch, publisher: Zukunft Metropolregion Rhein Neckar eV and Metropolregion Rhein-Neckar GmbH, Mannheim 2015
- Official website of Jürgen Heinz
- Portfolio and vita of Jürgen Heinz at sculpture network eV
- Film about Jürgen Heinz , Rheingau Film Agency, May 19, 2019 (Youtube)
- Juergen Heinz , Vita at the gallery Luzia Sassen, Cologne
- Mönchskreisel. KunstImKreisverkehr.de
- Heinz, Jürgen . Artist CV with Petra Kern, Heidelberg
- Bergstrasse artist Jürgen Heinz represented at Art Karlsruhe . Die-stadtredaktion, MeinungsBildung eV, Heidelberg, February 19, 2019
- Atelier visit with: Jürgen Heinz . kunstblog-mannheim.de, September 26, 2018
- kunstraum Metropol , edition III / 2017, art magazine, Art Media Edition Verlag Freiburg, July 1, 2017
- Summer symposium 2017 , Förderverein KunstPlatz Hemsbach eV
- Jürgen Heinz - Moving Clouds. bewegter-wind.org, 2018
- A mass for the third dimension | Sculpture Network. Sculpture Network, 2019, accessed January 12, 2020 (German, /, English).
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German sculptor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bensheim|