Jürgen Leinemann - Jürgen Leinemann
Leinemann grew up in Burgdorf (Lower Saxony), attended grammar school Lehrte  and then studied history , German and philosophy in Marburg and Göttingen . He began his journalistic career as a trainee and editor at dpa , for which he was in Berlin , Hamburg and Washington . From 1971 he worked for the magazine Der Spiegel ;  He was a reporter and office manager in Washington andBonn , moved to Berlin in 1990 after the fall of the Berlin Wall and headed the German Politics department there until 2001. He had been a member of the PEN Center Germany since 1997 . Since 2002 he has been a Spiegel author in the Berlin office.
In the seventies he had to fight against alcohol problems and depressive moods as a result of rivalry and pressure to succeed; In 1974 he suffered “a physical and mental breakdown; Therapy in a psychosomatic clinic brought the turning point. A turning point that Leinemann himself described as the beginning of a new life ”. 
Leinemann has published numerous articles and a number of books in which he mainly deals with German politics, but also with football. He was known for his portraits of politicians.   His book Höhenrausch deals with the loss of reality of politicians and journalists. Together with Michael Wech , he delivered the film portrait “ Gerhard Schröder - Chancellor Years” for ARD , which was broadcast to accompany the former chancellor's book.
- 1982: Egon Erwin Kisch Prize
- 2001: Siebenpfeiffer Prize .
- 2004: Second place in the Journalists of the Year 2004 ranking ; First place: Frank Schirrmacher 
- 2009: Henri Nannen Prize for life's work in journalism.
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Self-Help Against Addiction . Published under a pseudonym, 4th edition, CH Beck 2006, ISBN 978-3-406-54119-3 .
- Gerhard Schröder. Photo report . Schwarzkopf and Schwarzkopf, Berlin 1998, ISBN 3-89602-194-X .
- Sepp Herberger . One life, one legend . Heyne, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-453-87986-4 (EA Reinbek 1998).
- Walking a tightrope, power struggles, visions. German moments . Picus-Verlag, Vienna 1999, ISBN 3-85452-711-X .
- Helmut Kohl . A man remains true to himself . Structure, Berlin 2001, ISBN 3-7466-7038-1 .
- Helmut Kohl. The staging of a career . Structure, Berlin 1998, ISBN 3-7466-8520-6 .
- High altitude rush. The unreal world of politicians . Heyne, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-453-62009-4 (EA Munich 2004).
- Life is the real thing. Hoffmann & Campe, Hamburg 2009; also: Goldmann 2011, ISBN 978-3-442-15636-8 .
Radio play & radio
- 1999: On the brink - original sounds at the turn of 1989/90 (moderation: Monika Künzel, Rainer Burchardt; studio guests: Alexander Osang , Jürgen Leinemann)
- Literature by and about Jürgen Leinemann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Sven Hillenkamp and Stephan Lebert : A drug called politics . Interview in Die Zeit No. 40 from September 23, 2004
- Evelyn Roll: The Art of Defenselessness. Book by Jürgen Leinemann . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung, September 16, 2009.
- Which school for my child? , Supplement to the Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung from January 12, 2011, p. 15
- Gunter Hofmann: Inside. On the death of the journalist Jürgen Leinemann , in: Die Zeit No. 47 of November 14, 2013, p. 7.
- Walter Hömberg : The master of the politician portrait . (Appreciation to Jürgen Leinemann) In: message, No. 1/2014, pp. 108-109,
- Werner A. Perger: Jürgen Leinemann was a brilliant analyst of politics. In: zeit.de. November 11, 2013, accessed December 9, 2014 .
- Bettina Gaus: Empathetic Democrat. In: taz.de. November 11, 2013, accessed December 9, 2014 .
- Jürgen Leinemann: Jürgen Leinemann: The darn 70th year. In: zeit.de. October 9, 2007, accessed December 9, 2014 .
- Jürgen Leinemann is dead. In: Spiegel Online. November 11, 2013, accessed December 9, 2014 .
- The Journalists of the Year ; mediummagazin.de in 2004 (PDF; 439 kB)
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German journalist and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||10. May 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||That|
|DATE OF DEATH||9. November 2013|
|Place of death||Berlin|