Jürgen Lillteicher - Jürgen Lillteicher
Jürgen Lillteicher (born May 8, 1968 in Enniger , Westphalia) is a German historian and former director of the Willy Brandt House in Lübeck . On March 1, 2018, he took over the management of the Allied Museum in Berlin. 
Lillteicher studied mathematics and history at the University of Freiburg and Trinity College (Dublin) from 1989 to 1996 . After passing the first state examination for a higher teaching degree , he worked as a research assistant at the University of Freiburg and received his doctorate in 2000 on “The restitution of Jewish property in West Germany after the Second World War. A study of persecution experience, the rule of law and politics of the past 1945–1971 ”.
After completing his doctorate, he was a Fellow of the Charles H. Revson Foundation at the Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC and a research assistant at the Bucerius Institute for Research of Contemporary German History and Society at the University of Haifa . From 2003 to 2006 he was a research assistant and curator at the Foundation Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe in Berlin and worked on the conception of the exhibition “What Was Right Back then ... - Soldiers and Civilians Before Courts of the Wehrmacht”. In 2006 he was an employee ofSimon Dubnow Institute for Jewish History and Culture at the University of Leipzig .
- Robbery, law and restitution. The restitution of Jewish property in the early Federal Republic (= modern times. New research on the social and cultural history of the 19th and 20th centuries , vol. 15), Wallstein Verlag , Göttingen 2007, ISBN 978-3-8353-0134-4 .
- The restitution of Jewish property in West Germany after the Second World War. A study of the experience of persecution, the rule of law and politics of the past 1945–1971. Dissertation, University of Freiburg 2002, p. 114 ff .; Text online (PDF; 3.3 MB).
- With Thomas Hertfelder , Ulrich Lappenküper : Remembering Democracy in Germany: History of Democracy in Museums and Memorials in the Federal Republic. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2016, ISBN 978-3-525-30093-0 .
- Beneficiaries of the NS system? German companies and the “Third Reich” (= series of publications by the Foundation Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe , Vol. 3), Berlin 2006.
- With Constantin Goschler : "Aryanization" and restitution. The restitution of Jewish property in Germany and Austria after 1945 and 1989 , Wallstein Verlag, Göttingen 2002, ISBN 978-3-89244-495-4 .
Essays and specialist articles
- Who is a victim of Nazism? West Germany and its approach to private participation in the Aryanization Policy during the Nazi Era, in: Wouter Veraart, Larens Winkel (Hrsg.): The Post-War Restitution of Property Rights in Europe, Comparative Perspektives, Amsterdam, 2011, S. 79–93.
- West Germany and the restitution of Jewish property in Europe , in: Constantin Goschler, Philipp Ther , Claire Andrieu (eds.): Spoliations et restitutions des property juifs , Europe XXe siècle, S. 158–186.
- Germany and Compensation for National Socialist Expropriation: The Restitution of Jewish Property by the Treasury, 1947–1964, in: Philipp Gassert, Alan Steinweis (Hrsg.): Coping with the Nazi Past. West German Debates on Nazism and Generational Conflict 1955–1975, Oxford and New York 2005.
- West Germany and the restitution of Jewish property in Europe , in: Constantin Goschler, Philipp Ther: Robbery and Restitution. "Aryanization" and restitution of Jewish property in Europe , Frankfurt a. M. 2003, pp. 92-107.
- The refund in West Germany. A chapter of German politics of the past? , in: Hans Günter Hockerts : After the persecution. Reparation for National Socialist injustice in Germany? (= Dachau Symposia on Contemporary History , Vol. 2), Göttingen 2003, pp. 61–77.
- Rule of Law and Persecution Experience. "Aryanization" and fiscal plundering in court , in: Jürgen Lillteicher and Constantin Goschler (eds.): "Aryanization" and restitution. The restitution of Jewish property in Germany and Austria after 1945 and 1989 , Göttingen 2002.
- Limits to Restitution. The restitution of Jewish property in West Germany after the Second World War. Lecture for the conference “Provenance Research for Practice. Research and documentation of provenances in libraries ”on September 11th and 12th in Weimar ( online; PDF 58 kB ).
- Short biography and reviews of works by Jürgen Lillteicher at perlentaucher.de
- Martin Spieß : Jürgen Lillteicher, Willy Brandt House manager: The responsible historian , in: taz , March 14, 2007.
- Homepage of the Federal Government's Press and Information Office of November 8, 2017: Allied Museum Berlin gets a new director , accessed on November 11, 2017.
- Press release "What was right then ..." , Foundation Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe .
- CV Dr. Jürgen Lillteicher ( Memento of the original from March 8, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Willy Brandt House Lübeck .
- Olaf Bartsch: Two years of the Willy Brandt House in Lübeck , in: Lübecker Nachrichten , December 20, 2009.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 8, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Enniger|