Jürgen Meindl - Jürgen Meindl
Jürgen Meindl (born April 22, 1965 in Linz   ) is an Austrian lawyer and diplomat . From 2011 to 2015 he was Austrian ambassador to Switzerland and from 2015 to 2017 Austrian ambassador to Belgium and permanent representative of Austria to NATO . Since July 2017 he has been head of the Art and Culture Section at the Federal Chancellery .
After primary school in Leonding, Jürgen Meindl attended the federal high school in Linz. After graduating from the Federal Commercial Academy in Traun , he began studying law at the University of Linz , which he completed in 1990 with a master's degree. He completed his court year at the Linz Higher Regional Court .   Postgraduate training at the Europaakademie.
In 1991 he began his professional career at the Federal Ministry for Education and the Arts under Minister Rudolf Scholten , and in 1994 he took over the management of the Culture and Art Department in the Vienna City Government under the City Councilor for Culture Ursula Pasterk .   He was instrumental in founding the Arnold Schönberg Center in Vienna and was a board member of the Vienna Film Financing Fund. In 1997/98 Meindl was a national expert for legal matters in the EU Commission in Brussels. In 1998 he joined the Federal Ministry for Foreign Affairs . From 1999 he was deputy head of mission at the Austrian embassy in Tel Avivand from 2002 at the Austrian embassy in Berlin . From 2008 he was Deputy Head of Cabinet in the Chancellor's Cabinet .  
On December 1, 2011, he succeeded Hans Peter Manz as the Austrian ambassador to Switzerland .   In 2015 he succeeded Karl Schramek as the Austrian ambassador to Belgium and permanent representative of Austria to NATO .   In May 2017 he was appointed by Minister of Culture Thomas Drozda to head the Art and Culture Section in the Federal Chancellery.  He followed in this function Andrea Ecker after 1 July 2017th  
- derStandard.at: Jürgen Meindl takes over the arts and culture section . Article dated May 4, 2017, accessed June 1, 2019.
- Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Austria: curriculum vitae Ambassador Mag.iur. Jürgen Meindl ( Memento from December 3, 2013 in the Internet Archive ).
- Office of the Vorarlberg provincial government: Austria's future ambassador to Switzerland visited Vorarlberg . OTS notification dated November 25, 2011, accessed June 1, 2019.
- State of Upper Austria: State correspondence No. 207 of October 31, 2011 . Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- Kleine Zeitung: New head of the arts section Meindl on his management job . Article dated August 11, 2017, accessed June 1, 2019.
- Kurier: New line-ups: A big heart for the Upper Austrians . Article dated May 5, 2017, accessed June 1, 2019.
- Art and culture in the Austrian Federal Chancellery: Head of Section . Retrieved June 1, 2019.
|Hans Peter Manz|| Austrian Ambassador to Switzerland |
|Karl Schramek|| Austrian Ambassador to Belgium |
Permanent Representative of Austria to NATO
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian lawyer and diplomat|
|DATE OF BIRTH||22. April 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Linz|