Jürgen Nitsche - Jürgen Nitsche
Jürgen Nitsche studied medieval history in Krasnodar from 1976 to 1981 . In 1985 he received his doctorate from the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena . His main research interests include Judaism in Saxony, the history of Jewish communities, work on the biographies of Holocaust victims, and biographical research on the families of Stefan Heym , Stephan Hermlin and Dieter Noll .
In addition to numerous publications, he appears with scientific lectures and lectures, as an organizer and moderator of memorial events and as a curator of exhibitions in public. Nitsche has been a member of the “Stolpersteine für Chemnitz” coordination office since 2010, a member of the advisory board of the “Days of Jewish Culture in Chemnitz” association and a founding member of the International Stefan Heym Society. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the Sonnenstein Memorial in Pirna .
The city of Chemnitz awarded him one of five Stefan Heym sponsorship awards in 2017 . On behalf of the mayor's office, he coordinates and moderates the laying of stumbling blocks in Chemnitz almost every year as part of the Holocaust memorial project by the artist Gunter Demnig .
Another focus of research is the history of the city of Mittweida. In 2019 he was awarded the City of Mittweida Badge of Honor in “Silver” by the Lord Mayor in recognition of his services to the benefit of the City of Mittweida.
- Georg Manasse: Schocken's general manager. Entrepreneur - Social Democrat - Pacifist , Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-942271-95-0
- Jews in Mittweide. Searching for traces , Mittweida 2018, ISBN 978-3-00-058501-2
- together with Ruth Röcher: Jews in Chemnitz - The history of the community and its members. Documentation and Memorbuch, 2019, ISBN 978-3-930382-66-8
- Literature by and about Jürgen Nitsche in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jürgen Nitsche's website
- Portrait of Jürgen Nitsche - author of the publishing house Hentrich & Hentrich - the publishing house for Jewish culture and contemporary history
- Chemnitz University of Technology: Lecture series on persecution of Jews and the Holocaust 2014
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German historian, author and curator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lauenhain|