Jürgen Pelzer - Jürgen Pelzer
Jürgen Pelzer (* 1949 ) is a German literary and cultural scientist.
Pelzer studied German, history and philosophy in Cologne, Konstanz and Madison / Wisconsin.  He taught in the USA, most recently as Associate Professor for German Studies at Occidental College in Los Angeles. He deals with literary and cultural studies  and translates technical literature from American. He is the author of the media young world and concrete .
- with James Elliot and Carol Poore, Stereotype and Prejudice in Literature: Studies on Authors of the 20th Century (Zeitschrift für Literaturwissenschaft und Linguistik, Supplement 9), Göttingen 1978
- "All things have been bought". Money lawsuit and satirical social criticism in Thomas Murner's “Narrenbeschwerung”, in: Germanisch-Romanische Monatsschrift, vol. 29 (1979), p. 146ff.
- Criticism through ridicule. Satirical practice and problems of effect in West German cabaret (1945–1974), Frankfurt / Main 1985
- Satire or entertainment? Effective concepts in German cabaret between bohemian revolt and opposition, in: German Studies Review, 9: 1, February 1986
- as editor, Peter Hacks. The god of money. Comedy in three acts. After Aristophanes, Berlin 2017
- Eulenspiegel publishing group
- write, write, write. Ruined lifetime. Heinrich Böll's letters from the war and Heinrich Vormweg's biography of the good person from Cologne show the writer's aesthetics of the human, in: Friday, January 18, 2002.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German literary and cultural scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1949|