Raiber spent his childhood and school days in Nordhausen . From 1983 to 1988 he studied painting and graphics as a basic course at the Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst Leipzig with Dietrich Burger , Volker Stelzmann , Walter Libuda , Ulrich Hachulla, among others . He then completed the graphics class with Rolf Kuhrt , graduating in 1988 with a diploma in graphics (woodcuts and etchings). As a representative of the middle generation of the Leipzig School , he studied at the same time with Neo Rauch , Michael Kunert, Reinhard Minkewitz and Michael Triegel, among others. From 1988 to 1991 he studied for a master class with Werner Tübke . In the following years Raiber worked as a freelancer exclusively in the genre of drawing, etching and woodcut.
From 1998 to 2002 he completed postgraduate studies in sculpture at the University of Art and Design in Halle, with Bernd Göbel . Since then he has mainly created sculptural works in wood, stone, clay and bronze. Since 1990 he has been a member of the German section of the XYLON woodcutter association . 
Jürgen Raiber has lived in Mölbis south of Leipzig since 1995 .
During his art studies, Jürgen Raiber worked exclusively drawing and using the original graphic techniques of woodcut and etching with the human figure in its natural and social environment. The master class with Werner Tübke served to further intensify his graphic examination of the shape and physiognomy of the human being.
In the decision (from the mid-1990s) in favor of sculpture , the transition from the image to the structure of three-dimensional reality took place, the expansion of form into space.
- 2000 Dome hall of the Dresdner Bank on Augustusplatz, Leipzig
- 2000 art department store Baden-Baden,
- 2001 Crypt of the Monument to the Battle of the Nations in Leipzig,
- 2004 Grafisches Kabinett, Flaach, Switzerland - “Femininity” graphic portfolio on behalf of the Swiss Xylon Section
- 2007 Galerie Könitz, Leipzig
- 2009 Art in the Clinic, Jena University Hospital
- 2010 Max Citizens Research Center, University of Leipzig,
- 2011 Tapetenwerk Leipzig
- 2012 Galerie Himmelreich, Magdeburg
Participation in exhibitions
- 1994 Graphic Triennial Winterthur, Switzerland
- 1999 and 2006 Graphic Triennial, Cairo
- 2002 Neue Sächsische Galerie Chemnitz (1st prize for sculpture)
- 2007 Graphic Triennial Saint-Louis, France
- 2008 Leipzig annual exhibition
- 2010 Great Art Exhibition Nuremberg 
- since 1990 Xylon exhibitions  in Germany  , Poland, Switzerland, Austria, France, Japan, Israel
- 2014 Cultural Outpatient Clinic - University, Bremen
- 2014 Gallery Association of Berlin Artists - Galerie Flierl, Berlin
- 2015 TheArtScouts Gallery, Berlin
- 2015 Show of the wood cutter association Xylon, Reutlingen 
Working in public space (selection)
- Levico / Therme, Italien
- District Office for the district of Leipzig
- Regional council Leipzig
- Commerzbank Leipzig
- Borna Culture House
- Kulturhaus Böhlen
- Church in Panitzsch
- Emmauskirche Borna
- Marienkirche Geithain
- Kunsthaus Meyenburg , Nordhausen
- Ringelnatzhaus Wurzen
- Störmthaler See
- Praise to Folly - Don Quixote. An art project on the erring knight Don Quixote. Neue Sächsische Galerie, Chemnitz 2005, ISBN 3-937176-04-7 .
- Dietmar Eisold : Lexicon artists in the GDR. New Life Publishing House, 2010, ISBN 978-3-355-01761-9 .
- Poznanski Joachim (Hrsg.): Fine arts in Leipzig - An art guide. art.media Verlag, Leipzig, 2010, ISBN 978-3-00-034343-8 .
- Jürgen Raiber, Anneliese Hübscher: Sculpture, plastic, graphic - selection 1997–2002. Lommatzscher Druckpflege, Lommatzsch, 2002.
- further literature in the SLUB Dresden magazine and in the specialist information service arthistoricum.net
- Homepage of the artist
- Selected works on sculpture-network.org
- Art scene Leipzig blog
- XYLON magazine 125
- 1. Great Art Exhibition Nuremberg 2010 Parts of the whole. In: gkn2010.bbk-nuernberg.de . Retrieved April 23, 2015 .
- XYLON 14: International Triennial of High Pressure Art Directory. Directory of artists. In: xylon-international.org . Retrieved April 23, 2015 .
- rwb: A pluralistic universe, Group Xylon demonstrated in the City Gallery Offenburg the delimitation of the timber pressure. In: badische-zeitung.de . February 1, 2013, accessed April 23, 2015 .
- Armin Knauer: Ready for printing - show of the wood cutter association Xylon. In: Reutlinger General-Anzeiger . at gea.de, accessed on September 26, 2015 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German painter and sculptor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 15, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nordhausen|