Jürgen Rossmann - Jürgen Roßmann
Jürgen Roßmann was born in Neustrelitz in 1954 as the son of a freelance father and a teacher. After Jürgen Roßmann graduated from high school in Neubrandenburg in 1973, he served in the army from 1973 to 1976. In addition, Roßmann took part in the International Mathematical Olympiad in 1973 and won a bronze medal.  After Army service Rossman began at the University of Rostock , a study of mathematics , which he with the 1981 graduate graduated. After studying research at the University of Rostock from 1981 to 1984 and an eight-month additional course at what was then the University of LeningradIn 1982 and 1983 he received his doctorate in 1984 with a thesis on elliptic boundary value problems for Dr. rer. nat. In 1988, which followed promotion B on the application of functional spaces on elliptic boundary value problems for Dr.sc.nat., This was after the turn in the GDR Dr. rer. nat. habil. converted.
He then worked as a lecturer at the University of Rostock. In 1991 Roßmann was visiting scientist at the Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics in Berlin for a research stay of five months . In 1997 he was appointed adjunct professor for partial differential equations at the University of Rostock . At the end of the summer semester 2020, Roßmann retired and retired.
- Weighted Sobolev-Slobodezkij spaces and applications to elliptic boundary value problems in regions with edges, 1988
- V. A. Kozlov, V. G. Maz’ya, J. Roßmann: Elliptic boundary value problems in domains with point singularities, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs 52, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, Rhode Island 1997
- J. Roßmann, P. Takac, Günther Wildenhain (Eds.): The Maz'ya Anniversary Collection Volume 1, Birkhäuser, Basel 1999.
- J. Roßmann, P. Takac, G. Wildenhain (Eds.): The Maz'ya Anniversary Collection Volume 2, Birkhäuser, Basel 1999.
- V. G. Maz’ya, J. Roßmann: Elliptic equations in polyhedral domains, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs 162, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, Rhode Island 2010
- VG Maz'ya, J. Roßmann: On the solvability and the asymptotics of the solutions of elliptic boundary value problems in areas with edges, Preprints 7/84, 30/84, 31/84 Karl-Weierstraß-Inst. Math. Berlin.
- J. Roßmann: About two classes of weighted Sobolev spaces in flat areas with corners and applications to elliptical boundary value problems, Rostock. Math. Kolloq. 29 (1986) 78-98.
- J. Rossmann: On the solvability and regularity of the solutions of elliptic boundary value problems in areas with edges in weighted Sobolev spaces of any integer order, Rostock. Math. Kolloq. , 31 (1987) 65-86.
- Entry on Jürgen Roßmann in the Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium
- Entry on "Jürgen Roßmann" in the DNB online archive
- Entry in the matriculation portal of the University of Rostock
- International Mathematical Olympiad. Retrieved October 11, 2020 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German mathematician and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 29, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neustrelitz|