Rogge received his doctorate in 1970 at the Humboldt University in Berlin with a thesis on the prognosis and course of various forms of schizophrenia , for which he examined patients admitted in 1963 in the city hospital Herzberge . In 1980 he completed his habilitation and then worked in Wismar and Leipzig , where he was head of psychiatry in the Meusdorf prison hospital . As a prison doctor , he was an unofficial employee in the special assignment of the Ministry for State Security. From 1991 to 2005 he worked in his own branch in Perleberg and finally as an “outpatient expert ”. 
He published a book in 2010 with the title Das Narrenflugzeug in a Selbstkostenverlag  as well as further prose in German and Low German in BS Verlag Rostock , and he is a member of the John Brinckman Society , the Johannes Gillhoff Society , the Fritz Reuter Society and the German Association Writers-doctors .  In 2012 Rogge waived the Johannes Gillhoff Prize for Low German Literature. In 2013 he gave the laudatory speechto the 2013 winner of the Gillhoff Prize, Dieter Sabban , “for services to northern German culture”.  
- Almanac of German-speakingWriters 2015 , p. 422. ISBN 978-3-921262-65-8
- Profile of Jürgen Rogge on the Novum Verlag website
- Short biography of Jürgen Rogge on the website of BS Verlag Rostock
- Literature: Stasi man waives the Gillhoff Prize. in Focus from June 7, 2012.
- Rainer Schobeß : Again trouble about the Gillhoff Prize. In: NDR 1 Radio MV , June 3, 2013.
- See also: Dispute over laudator Jürgen Rogge, who was formerly a Stasi IM. In: Berliner Morgenpost , June 4, 2013.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German psychiatrist, expert and writer doctor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kuhstorf|