Jürgen Schölmerich - Jürgen Schölmerich
After attending elementary school and high school in Marburg, Schölmerich graduated from high school in Mainz in 1967. He then began studying mathematics and medicine at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg . In mathematics, he made it to the intermediate diploma (1970). From 1971 Schölmerich studied medicine at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg , in 1973 he passed the medical state examination and received his doctorate with a thesis on gluconeogenesis and urea synthesis in the liver in uremia, shown on the isolated perfused rat liver . In 1975 Schölmerich was licensed as a doctor . From 1975 to 1977 he did his military service onInstitute for Experimental Pathology of the Bundeswehr in Mainz. From 1978 Schölmerich was an assistant doctor and research assistant at the Medical University Clinic Freiburg , interrupted by research stays at the University of California, San Diego in 1982/1983 and 1985/1986.
1984 habilitated to Schölmerich for internal medicine with the work Biolumineszenztests for bile acids and other steroids - Development and application possibilities . In 1987 he became a university professor and senior physician at the Medical University Clinic in Freiburg. Since 1991 Schölmerich has been full professor of internal medicine at the University of Regensburg , interrupted by a visiting professorship in 1995/1996 at the University of California, San Diego. In 2010 he took on the role of full-time medical director at the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main .  
From 1996 to 2000 Schölmerich was deputy chairman of the SPD Regensburg city association.
Schölmerich is co-editor of numerous medical journals. From 2005 to 2012 he was Vice President of the German Research Foundation . Schölmerich has been chairman of the German Society for Internal Medicine since the beginning of 2009 . 
- Leopoldina Newly elected members 2009, Leopoldina, Halle (Saale) 2010, p. 79 ( PDF )
- Literature by and about Jürgen Schölmerich in the catalog of the German National Library
- Profile of Jürgen Schölmerich on the DFG website
- Deutsches Ärzteblatt 51/52 (107) December 27, 2010 p. A2565
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Schölmerich takes office as medical director and chairman of the board. at kgu.de; Retrieved December 24, 2010
- Society for Internal Medicine has a new chairman. Doctors newspaper , 28 May 2009 online
- Member by Jürgen Schölmerich (with picture and CV) at the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina , accessed on July 20, 2016.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German internist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11. September 1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Marburg|