Jürgen Schitthelm - Jürgen Schitthelm
Jürgen Schitthelm (born April 29, 1939 in Berlin ) is a co-founder of the Schaubühne am Halleschen Ufer and was Germany's longest-serving theater director until 2012 with a total of 50 years of professional experience .
After graduating from high school, Jürgen Schitthelm studied theater studies , German and journalism at the Free University of Berlin between 1958 and 1962 . Together with Leni Langenscheidt, Waltraut Mau, Dieter Sturm and Klaus Weiffenbach, Schitthelm founded the independent theater group with its own venue, the Schaubühne am Halleschen Ufer, in a multi-purpose room of the workers' welfare in Kreuzberg . From 1966 he and Klaus Weiffenbach (until his death in January 1987) took over responsibility and organizational work alone. Schitthelm has been a partner in the private theater Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz since 1987, whose director he was alone until 1992 and together with Friedrich Barner until 2012. 
In the commemorative publication co-edited by Schitthelm on the occasion of the fortieth anniversary of the Berlin Schaubühne in 2002, with essays on the subjective and objective history of this theater business, he wrote his own contribution. Under the title We had a theater, but actually the theater had us , he gives his personal, factual résumé.
Schitthelm is a member of the German Academy of Performing Arts and board member of the German Center of the International Theater Institute (ITI). He was Vice-President between 1982 and 2004 for over 22 years.
In the Deutsches Bühnenverein , the association of German theater companies, he held the Berlin state chairmanship for 27 years from 1977 to 2004. In the years from 1989 to 2001 Schitthelm was also Vice President of the Federal Association.
Jürgen Schitthelm has been an honorary member of the Friends of the Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz eV association since 2012 , which he co-founded in 2000 as director of the Schaubühne.
- Harald Müller, Jürgen Schitthelm (eds.): 40 years of the Schaubühne at Lehniner Platz 1962-2002. Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-934344-20-8 , table of contents .
- The head of the Schaubühne. In: WDR5 , Experienced Stories from September 17, 2006
- Festschrift 40 years of Schaubühne Berlin. From: Theater of Time
- Wowereit presented the theater man Jürgen Schitthelm with the Federal Cross of Merit. On: berlin.de , March 18, 2005
- A lot of money for a little theater. In: brand eins , 2000, No. 3
- How naive were you actually, Mr. Theater Director? In: FAZ of July 22, 2012, conversation.
- Peter Stein tolerated other geniuses next to him In: Die Welt, September 21, 2012, conversation
- Jürgen Schitthelm. In: Schaubühne Berlin. Retrieved December 20, 2016 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German theater director (Berlin Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. April 1939|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|