Jorge Martínez Reverte - Jorge Martínez Reverte
|Jorge Martínez Reverte|
Jorge Martínez in 2019.
|Birth|| September 28 , 1948 |
Madrid ( Spain )
|Death|| March 24 , 2021(72 years old) |
|Cause of death||Carcinoma|
Josefina Reverte Ferro |
Jesús Martínez Tessier
|Occupation||Writer and journalist|
|Pseudonym||Jorge M. Reverte|
|Genders||Narrative , essay and biography|
He was the younger brother of the writer and journalist Javier Reverte (1944-2020), who died four months before him.
He was the author of ten novels, seven of them starring the journalist Julio Gálvez; as well as the book of stories The Last Coffee (1989). He also published books related to history and memory: Hijos de la guerra (2001), in collaboration with Socorro Thomás; Soldier of little fortune (2001), in collaboration with Javier Reverte ; The battle of the Ebro (2003), and The battle of Madrid (2004). He was also the scriptwriter of the comics of the journalist Marta, which he developed for El País with drawings by Pedro Arjona and whose adventures were collected in the volumes Sol de Invierno (1991) andThe Tigers of the Channel (2019).
As a journalist he worked at the Pyresa agency ; in magazines such as Cambio 16 , Posible , Ciudadano , La Calle , Zona Abierta and the monthly Mayo , of which he was director; the stations Radio Nacional de España , Onda Madrid or Canal Sur Radio ; and the newspapers El País , El Sol and El Periódico de Catalunya . He organized the documentary Yoyes , which was awarded the Silver Nymph at the Monte Carlo Festival . In 2009 he received the Ortega y Gasset Prize for JournalismI work to the best press for reporting a dignified death , [ 2 ] [ 3 ] in which chronicled the death of his mother.
- Too Much for Gálvez , Julio Gálvez Series, 1 (1979)
- Gálvez in Euskadi , Julio Gálvez Series, 2 (1981)
- The Messenger (1982)
- The last coffee , book of stories (1989)
- A Hero's Life (1991)
- Winter sun , Marta Series, 1 (1991)
- Gálvez and the change of change , Julio Gálvez Series, 3 (1995)
- Gálvez on the border , Julio Gálvez Series, 4 (2001)
- Gudari Gálvez , Julio Gálvez Series, 5 (2005)
- Triple Agent (2007)
- Gálvez among the lions , Julio Gálvez Series, 6 (2013)
- Gálvez and the box of thunders , Julio Gálvez Series, 7 (2017)
- I love you free (2019)
- Los tigres del Canal , Marta Series, 2 (2019)
- with Socorro Thomás: Sons of War. Testimonies and Memories (2004)
- The fall of Catalonia (2006)
- The battle of the Ebro (2006)
- The Battle of Madrid (2007)
- The Fury and the Silence (2008)
- The art of killing. How the Spanish Civil War was fought (2009)
- The Blue Division. Russia, 1941-1944 (2011)
- with Mario Martínez Zauner: From Madrid to the Ebro. The great battles of the Civil War (2016)
- with Isabel Martínez Reverte: The Atocha Massacre. January 24, 1977 (2016)
Memoirs and biographies
- with Javier Reverte : Jesús Martínez Tessier, soldier of little fortune (2001), memoirs of Jesús Martínez Tessier, father of the authors
- Dog eat dog. Guide to reading newspapers (2002), personal essay
- Nicolás Redondo. Political memory of a time (2007), memories of Nicolás Redondo
- Warriors and traitors. From the war in Spain to the cold war (2014), biography of the international brigadista Bill Aalto
- Uselessly handsome. My battle against stroke (2015), autobiography
- A happy childhood in a ferocious Spain (2018), autobiography
- Guillermo Altares (March 24, 2021). "Jorge Martínez Reverte, the writer who invented Gálvez and narrated the Civil War, dies . " elpais.com .
- «The Ortegas recognize the journalism that helps to understand the past» . The Country . April 23, 2009 . Retrieved April 23, 2009 .
- Jorge Martínez Reverte (February 3, 2008). A dignified death . The Country . Retrieved April 23, 2009 .