Karl Wilhelm Wippermann - Karl Wilhelm Wippermann
Karl Wilhelm Wippermann (born December 1, 1800 in Rinteln ; † March 23, 1857 ibid) was a Hessian official and politician of the liberal opposition. Alternative spelling of his first name is also Carl.
Wippermann was the son of the professor of law in Rinteln and senior judge in Rinteln Johann Georg Liborius Wippermann and his wife Dorothea Elisabeth nee Stamm. He married on October 2, 1828 in Rinteln in his first marriage Auguste Sophie Rebecca Caroline von Westphal (Westphalen-Heidelbeck) (born January 4, 1806) the daughter of a colonel. Karl Wippermann was a son from his first marriage. In February 1839 he married Pauline Caroline Auguste Asbrand from Kehl, the daughter of a colonel, for the second time .
Wippermann was the first high school graduate of the newly founded high school  in Rinteln, in which he had entered as a senior secondary school student at the age of 17 . He studied from 1819 to 1821 at the Georg-August University of Göttingen and the University of Marburg law . Here he became a member of the old Marburg fraternity Germania in 1819 . He then began a civil service career at the Rinteln Higher Court and was elected city secretary in 1826 and mayor of his hometown in 1831. In 1832 he was first included in the Hessian Estates Assembly elected, where he was one of the most popular MPs as a liberal opposition politician in the struggle to protect constitutional rights against the conservative ministry Ludwig Hassenpflug and as the editor of a people's newspaper. Together with the Kassel lawyer Ludwig Schwarzenberg , he acted as the “spokesman” for the opposition. Even his conservative adversary Rudolf von Buttlar recognized him as an “excellent advocate or general ” . In 1835 he was elected second mayor of Kasselnot confirmed by the state government. His election as city secretary in Kassel, which the city then made, was contested in vain by the government in 1836. The appointment of Wippermann as an honorary citizen of the city of Kassel in the course of this dispute did not prevent Wippermann from being suspended from his offices for political reasons in 1837. His election as Lord Mayor of Kassel was again denied recognition in 1841. In 1846 the Hessian government finally challenged his re-election to the assembly of estates for formal reasons, whereupon Wippermann resigned his mandate and allowed himself to be elected to the assembly by other constituencies.
At the Kassel meeting of the estates, Wippermann's focus was primarily on constitutional and financial issues. The design of the exemplary municipal code of 1834 was largely due to him. From 1834 to 1848 Wippermann pursued, ultimately successfully, the use of the Domanial property of the Rotenburger Quart for the state treasury. As a member of the railway committee, he fought the alleged corruption in the financing of the Friedrich-Wilhelms-Nordbahn by the Frankfurt bank Rothschild.
As the nationwide best-known opposition politician in Kurhessen, Wippermann took part in the Germanist Days in Frankfurt and Lübeck , was part of the Hallgarten circle around Johann Adam von Itzstein and worked as an editor for the Deutsche Zeitung . Because of his journalistic work, he was charged with defamation and insulting the government in 1847 and again suspended from all government offices. The proceedings ended in an acquittal. He could not accept Itzstein's invitation to participate in the Heppenheim conference .
1848 Wippermann took during the March revolution on Vorparlament part and was in the fifties Committee called for a short time also belonged to the Siebzehnerausschuss on. From May 18, 1848 to May 30, 1849 he was a member of Hofgeismar's representative in the Frankfurt National Assembly . There he belonged to the casino faction and was a member of several committees, including the constitutional committee.
In addition, in March 1848 Wippermann was appointed to the Ministry of the Interior of the Hessian government in March 1848 , in August he moved to a managerial position in the Ministry of Finance and was appointed to the State Council in September of the same year. In 1849 he was re-elected to the Hessian Estates Assembly, and in 1850 he was a member of the Erfurt Union Parliament .
At the Seetorfriedhof in Rinteln, a memorial plaque on his grave cross placed in front of the cemetery chapel has been commemorating the son of the city since 2012 .
- Kurhessen since the war of freedom . Fischer, Cassel 1850.
- In appreciation of the Kurf's memorandum. Hessian state government regarding its differences with the estates and the estates committee . Fischer, Kassel 1850.
- Regesta Schaumburgensia. Verbatim excerpts from the printed documents of the Grafschaft Schaumburg have been compiled by CW Wippermann . Döll & Schäffer, Cassel 1853.
- Document book of the Obernkirchen Abbey in the county of Schaumburg . C. Bösendahl, Rinteln 1855.
- Carl Wilhelm Wippermann and Carl FL Wippermann: Description of the Bukki Gau including determination of the boundaries of the other Gaue of Lower Saxony , Wigand, Göttingen 1859.
- Heinrich Best , Wilhelm Weege: Biographical manual of the members of the Frankfurt National Assembly 1848/49 . Droste-Verlag, Düsseldorf 1998, ISBN 3-7700-0919-3 , p. 362.
- Hugo Brunner: Karl Wilhelm Wippermann and the election of Kassel mayor in the years 1841–1842. A contribution to the life story of the later March Minister for the Electorate of Hesse . In: Hessische Chronik 6 (1917), pp. 265–273.
- Helge Dvorak: Biographical Lexicon of the German Burschenschaft. Volume I: Politicians. Volume 6: T-Z. Winter, Heidelberg 2005, ISBN 3-8253-5063-0 , pp. 333-335.
- Jürgen Frölich : Wippermann, Carl Wilhelm. In: Kassel Lexicon . Edited by der Stadt Kassel, Vol. 1, euregio Verlag, Kassel 2009, ISBN 978-3-933617-40-8 , p. 333.
- Ewald Grothe (ed.): The members of the Electoral Hesse state assemblies 1830–1866. (= Publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse. Vol. 48, 13 = Political and parliamentary history of the State of Hesse . Vol. 43). Historical Commission for Hesse, Marburg 2016. ISBN 978-3-942225-33-5 , KSV-509.
- Ewald Grothe: Constitution and Constitutional Conflict. The Electorate of Hesse in the first era Hassenpflug 1830–1837 , Duncker u. Humblot, Berlin 1996 (= writings on constitutional history , 48). ISBN 3-428-08509-4 .
- Jochen Lengemann : MdL Hessen. 1808-1996. Biographical index (= political and parliamentary history of the state of Hesse. Vol. 14 = publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse. Vol. 48, 7). Elwert, Marburg 1996, ISBN 3-7708-1071-6 , p. 415.
- Hellmut Seier (Ed.): Files and letters from the beginnings of the Hessian constitutional period 1830–1837 . Editing of dems. u. Ewald Grothe, Elwert, Marburg 1992 (= publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse , 48.4; Prehistory and history of parliamentarism in Hesse , 8). ISBN 3-7708-0993-9 .
- Hellmut Seier (Ed.): Files and entries from the Electorate of Hesse, Vormärz 1837–1848 . Editing of dems. u. Bernd Weber, Elwert, Marburg 1996 (= publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse , 48.6; prehistory and history of parliamentarism in Hesse , 15). ISBN 3-7708-1074-0 .
- Karl Wippermann : Wippermann, Wilhelm . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 43, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1898, pp. 515-517.
- Literature by and about Karl Wilhelm Wippermann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Wipper called Wippermann, Carl Wilhelm von der. Hessian biography (as of July 24, 2017). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS). Hessian State Office for Historical Cultural Studies (HLGL), accessed on March 7, 2019 .
- The Rintelner Gymnasium in the mirror of the time 1817–1967 , ed. from the Ernestinum grammar school. Bösendahl, Rinteln 1967, p. 98.
- The Grafschaft Schaumburg belonged as an exclave to the Electorate of Hesse from 1803 to 1866 .
- Grothe, Verfassungsgebung , p. 412.
|NAME||Wippermann, Karl Wilhelm|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Kurhessischer civil servant and politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 1, 1800|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rinteln|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 23, 1857|
|Place of death||Rinteln|