The Köln-Bonner Eisenbahnen AG (KBE) were a railway company that operated an extensive, partially electrified, route network between Cologne and Bonn . At times it was the busiest non-state railway in Germany. There were also regional bus routes. The KBE went into 1992 in the newly founded Häfen und Güterverkehr Köln (HGK).
The railway line from Cologne via Brühl to Bonn, opened in 1844 by the Bonn-Cölner Eisenbahn , took a relatively direct route between the two cities. The focus of the settlement, however, was on the edge of the foothills , which was poorly developed through this route. There was also no connection to the places directly on the Rhine . The growing of vegetables between Brühl and Bonn also required better delivery options for the two cities. Therefore the construction of a railway for local traffic was urgently needed.
On March 2, 1891, the mayors of Cologne and Bonn met with the district administrators of the districts of Cologne , Bonn and Bergheim (Erft) and decided to found a committee to build another rail link between Cologne and Bonn. The Berlin company Havestadt, Contag & Cie. Was awarded the contract for planning, construction and operation . On October 5, 1894, the stock corporation of the Vorgebirgsbahn Cöln-Bonn was founded, two thirds of which are held by the cities and districts and one third by Havestadt, Contag & Cie. lay. From July 7th, 1897 the company name was AG der Cöln-Bonner Kreisbahnen (CBK), a month later, traffic began on the first section of the route. On April 1, 1901, the contract with Havestadt, Contag & Cie. terminated. From then on, the operation and further development of the CBK was solely directed by the cities and districts. The final name was introduced in 1917/1918, but Cöln was still written with "C" until 1920.
While the Vorgebirgsbahn was the first line of the company to be operated as a meter-gauge branch line, shortly before the turn of the century the transport needs of the lignite mines in the Ville , which wanted to sell their briquettes to customers further away , grew . In order to meet these requirements, the company created a Rhine port in Godorf north of the village of Wesseling , which began operations in 1901. As a connection to the lignite mines, a standard-gauge freight train line between Vochem and Wesseling, the so-called cross line, built. In Vochem and Kendenich there was both a connection to the standard-gauge Villebahn to the brown coal mines and to the meter-gauge network of the railway companies in the Jülich-Zülpicher Börde .
In order to connect the industrial companies in Sürth downstream from the Rhine, the route to Wesseling was followed by a branch line from Godorf to Sürth.
The concession for another narrow-gauge line between Cologne and Bonn along the banks of the Rhine was granted even before the transverse railway opened - the Rheinuferbahn . Even before the construction of the line, the plans were changed to a standard-gauge railway, which was electrified from the beginning and was expanded to double-track after a short time .
The lignite mines in the Ville also attracted other industries. As a further connection to the state railway and also for the transport of workers from Cologne, the line from Berrenrath to Cologne-Sülz was built with a connection to the Cologne-Eifeltor freight station, the so-called "Black Railway".
Economic problems and the end of society
In the 1960s, the company initially found itself in financial difficulties due to falling passenger numbers. From 1965, the loss from passenger traffic exceeded the profits from freight traffic . After a few freight customers had broken away, KBE ran into financial difficulties. In 1971 a loss of 8 million DM had to be reported, and bankruptcy was only avoided through a liquidity aid from the state of North Rhine-Westphalia .
KBE applied for financial aid to acquire new vehicles and to expand the route network, but the shareholders finally decided to convert passenger transport on the two main routes to light rail operations , in which KBE only operated the infrastructure and a small part of the vehicles. After the municipal reorganization that came into force on January 1, 1975, the shareholders were the cities of Cologne (almost 50%) and Bonn (30%), the Erftkreis (15%) and the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis (5%).
The conversion to meet the requirements of the urban railway took place from 1975 to 1986.
The history of KBE ended in 1992 with the reorganization of the Cologne municipal utility group . The company's bus lines were handed over to Regionalverkehr Köln (RVK), the light rail vehicles to the Cologne transport company (KVB). The railway route network and goods traffic took over the ports and goods traffic Cologne (HGK) , which was created on July 1, 1992, retroactively to January 1 of the same year from the merger of KBE, Cologne-Frechen-Benzelrath Railway and Cologne Port Operations .
Unlike many other local railway companies, the end of the independent company did not mean the end of the route network. This has largely been preserved and has been further modernized.
The Vorgebirgsbahn ran from Cologne along the edge of the promontory via Brühl to Bonn. The 32.5 kilometer long railway line, initially meter-gauge, was commissioned on August 1, 1897 between Bonn and Brühl and on January 20, 1898 between Brühl and Cologne. Until the 1920s, the steam trains in Brühl ran across the market square, in Bonn across the Ellerbahnhof to Friedensplatz . The route from Cologne to Hermülheim also ran along Luxemburger Straße to the old station (today the seat of the Lazarus aid organization, Monument protection). From 1929 the line ended at the Rheinuferbahnhof . In the period up to 1934, the route was gradually changed to standard gauge with an independent route in Brühl, Hermülheim, Efferen and in the Cologne city area. From April 18, 1926, the passenger trains were replaced by benzene railcars, and between June 14th and October 7th, 1934, these were replaced by electric railcars, each with control cars.
The construction of the Rheinuferbahn had already been approved in 1890, but it did not go into operation until September 1905. From the beginning it was an electrified railway on the standard gauge, from 1908 as a continuous double-track main line . Initially approved for a remarkable 70 km / h at the time, the route was later expanded for speeds of up to 120 km / h. In the competition for the left-hand Rhine route , this enabled attractive travel times in the regular timetable between Cologne and Bonn.
Express trains covered the route (with an intermediate stop only in Wesseling) in less than 30 minutes. For comparison: today an Intercity from Cologne to Bonn takes 21 minutes, a regional train 29–31 minutes.
With these special features and the elegant ivory-colored electric multiple units, the Rheinuferbahn was a widely recognized exception among German private railways, especially in the early days .
The Rheinuferbahn is the shortest railway line on the left bank of the Rhine between Cologne and Bonn.
The Brühl-Vochem – Cologne-Godorf Hafen railway connects the Brühl-Vochem and Brühl-Nord stations with Wesseling, the refineries there and the Godorf harbor in Cologne-Godorf . The Brühl – Wesseling line is electrified. From the opening of the line in 1900 to 1981, there was passenger traffic, most recently under line number 19 . Today, in addition to the brisk freight traffic, the entry and exit journeys of the KVB depot in Wesseling run here .
The railway line Cologne-Sülz-Berrenrath led from 1918 by Hermülheim South (from 1925 by Cologne-Sülz ) to Berrenrath . In addition to the freight transport that still exists today, there was also passenger transport on the "Black Railway" with steam and diesel trains until 1968. The name comes from this time, in contrast to the "White Railway" / Vorgebirgsbahn, which was operated by white electric multiple units at that time. From 1972 to 1987 the line was partially electrified so that the Rheinbraun -Werksbahn trains could run on the line.
Today the Black Railway is only connected to the Vorgebirgsbahn via Hürth-Kendenich and thus to the Brühl-Vochem – Cologne-Godorf Hafen railway . The branch lines Hürth-Hermülheim-Cologne-Sülz and from K-Klettenberg to the (transfer) station Cologne Eifeltor were closed.
In addition to the passenger transport routes, KBE operated a number of other route sections that were only used for freight traffic and were not electrified:
Hersel - Bonn-Bendenfeld
In Hersel station on the Rheinuferbahn, a track branches off the main line, which initially runs around two kilometers parallel to it in the cut, moves away from it in Bonn-Tannenbusch , crosses under the left Rhine line of the DB and ends at the Bonn-Bendenfeld transfer station. From here there were direct connections to the Bonn freight yard and to the foothills of the mountain railway at the level of today's SWB depot in Bonn-Dransdorf (track to Bendenweg still available, entry point to SWB is removed). This track connection, most recently only used to park wagons, was finally shut down in August 2013.
Hersel – Bonn-Auerberg
As a remnant of the former Rheinuferbahntrasse (until 1968), a track leads straight from the Hersel station through Bonn- Buschdorf and ends after about three kilometers in the industrial area of Bonn- Auerberg .
Abzw Köln-Klettenberg - Cologne-Eifeltor
At the junction / transfer point Cologne-Klettenberg, shortly before the transition to the KVB network, another connecting track branched off, which ended in a KBE transfer station at the DB freight station Cologne Eifeltor . From 1994 this track was no longer used for handover. The entire tracks and the transfer station itself were dismantled in 2005.
Brühl-Vochem - Pingsdorf - Badorf - Schwadorf (Pingsdorfer Güterbahn)
In order to avoid the route across the market square of Brühl for freight traffic and to serve the lignite mines in the south of Brühl (Berggeist and Lukretia), a standard-gauge freight line was opened from Vochem to Pingsdorf / Eckdorf on November 1, 1907.  The passenger train route was also fed to the freight train route after the relocation from the center in Brühl (market square) via Bundesstrasse 51 , Pingsdorfer Strasse. The track was located from about Rodderweg to the end of Badorf directly on the west side of the Alte Bonnstraße (Römerstraße).  It was only later that people own railway line from Brühl Süd has been extended until Badorf and combined until there. Until the conversion to standard gauge, the line to Vochem was from April 13, 1908 with aoperated third rail for narrow and standard gauge . So the briquettes and other goods could be transported to Cologne without reloading. Before that, the standard-gauge wagons in Vochem were placed on trolleys and transported to Cologne. At the Kaiserstraße stop in Brühl, the tracks of the Mödrath-Liblar-Brühler Eisenbahn (opened since 1901), which served the mines and briquette factories near Liblar and Heide ( Donatus , Gruhlwerk ), were introduced into the line. The last service trip from Vochem to Pingsdorf took place on November 8, 1964.
Buschdorf - Rheinhafen Bonn-Rheindorf (port railway of the city of Bonn)
The city of Bonn owned the route, but KBE was responsible for the management. The opening was on October 24, 1924, and the last service took place on September 13, 1974.
Conversion to light rail operation
Even when planning the tunnel routes for the light rail in Cologne and Bonn, the intention was to integrate the KBE routes into these networks.
From 1975 the conversion of the Rheinuferbahn into a light rail began. Some of the railcars (including three so-called Silver Arrows ) had been destroyed in a fire , which is why the express train service on the Rheinuferbahn was stopped. Tram B has been on the Rheinuferbahn since August 12, 1978 . The now called line 16 runs through the Cologne city railway tunnel to Barbarossaplatz. There she turns onto the rings to come across the old Rhine bank stretch at the Ubierring. The route north of the Ubierring and Cologne's Rheinuferbahnhof were closed. In Bonn, line 16 was introduced into the newly built urban railway tunnel and extended to Bonn- Bad Godesberg .
As a result, the Vorgebirgsbahn was also converted into a light rail. On October 26, 1985, the first light rail train on line 18 ran from Bonn Hauptbahnhof to Schwadorf, where it was necessary to transfer to a KBE train. Now the Rheinuferbahnhof in Bonn has also been given up. Since November 8, 1986, the route has been completely accessible by light rail vehicles. The terminus at Barbarossaplatz in Cologne has also been abandoned, as the trains now enter the Cologne inner city tunnel behind Barbarossaplatz. The light rail lines were operated by KBE together with KVB and SWB , as well as SSB.
The names of the Vorgebirgs- and Rheinuferbahn for the sections between the city limits of Cologne and Bonn are still popularly known.
In the course of the changeover to light rail operation, the electrical direct voltage was changed from 1200 volts to 750 volts. This ended in January 1988 the operation of electric freight locomotives (E1, E2 and E3), which KBE took over from Rheinbraun in 1973 .
Some of the vehicles of the former KBE, in particular a diverse collection of historic passenger and freight cars, remained in the care of the Cologne-Bonn Railway Friends (KBEF) . This also includes the Silver Arrow prototype (ET 201) , built in 1960.
The ET 57 is preserved in the Rheinisches Industriebahn-Museum in Cologne-Nippes.
Steam locomotives 
|Road no.||design type||Gauge||Manufacturer||Construction year||Factory number||in operation at KBE||further use||Photo|
|1||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hagans||1897||353||1897–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|2||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hagans||1897||354||1897–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|3||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hagans||1897||355||1897–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|4||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hagans||1897||356||1897–01.07.1929||1932–1936 Kerkerbachbahn "Lok 4", +1938, further whereabouts unknown|
|5||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hagans||1897||357||1897–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|6||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1895||822||1895–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|7||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1895||823||1895–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|8||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1895||824||1895–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|9||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1130||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|10||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1131||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|11||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1132||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|12||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1133||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|13||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1134||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|14||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1135||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|15||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1136||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|16||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1898||1137||1898–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|17||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1901||1301||1901–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|18||Bn2t (box locomotive)||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1901||1302||1901–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|19||B1n2t||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1900||1298||1900–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|20||B1n2t||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1900||1299||1900–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|21||B1n2t||1000 mm||Hohenzollern||1900||1300||1900–01.07.1929||Whereabouts unknown|
|22"||Ch2t||1000 mm||Henschel & Son||1917||15142||1919–1935||1917–1919 Heeresfeldbahnen HK3, 1935–1942 Westdeutsche Maschinenfabrik, Liblar 1942–1954 Ruhr-Lippe Eb. (RLE) 8 "+1954 ++ 1954|
|23"||Ch2t||1000 mm||Henschel & Son||1917||15143||1920–1935||1917–1920 Heeresfeldbahnen HK4, 1935 to Westdeutsche Maschinenfabrik Liblar, further whereabouts unknown|
|24"||Ch2t||1000 mm||Henschel & Son||1917||15147||1920–1935||1917–1920 Heeresfeldbahnen HK8, 1935–1942 Westdeutsche Maschinenfabrik, Liblar, 1942–1954 Ruhr-Lippe Eb. (RLE) 9 "+1954 ++ 1956|
|25"||Ch2t||1000 mm||Henschel & Son||1917||15141||1920–1935||1917–1920 Heeresfeldbahnen HK2, 1935 to Westdeutsche Maschinenfabrik Liblar, further whereabouts unknown|
|26||Dn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1906||1953||1906?–?||KV2 in Belgium, whereabouts unknown|
|27||Dn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1909||2485||1909–1954||1954–? Concordia colliery, Oberhausen, further whereabouts unknown|
|28||Dn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1912||2950||1909–1954||KV2, whereabouts unknown|
|29||Dn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1912||2979||1912–1958, +1958||Whereabouts unknown|
|30||Dn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1913||3205||1913–1958, +1958||Whereabouts unknown|
|31"||Dn2t||1435 mm||Hanomag||1919||9090||1919 – before 1954||1919 Braunschweig-Schöninger Railway (BSE) 10; acquired by KBE in the delivery year; 19xx – 1954 Walsum colliery, Duisburg-Walsum No. 1, 1954–? Thyssen & Co., Mülheim, further whereabouts unknown|
|32"||Dn2t||1435 mm||Hanomag||1919||9091||1919–||1919 Braunschweig-Schöninger Railway (BSE) 11; acquired by KBE in the delivery year; Whereabouts unknown|
|33"||Dn2t||1435 mm||Henschel & Son||1920||17875||September 13, 1920-07, 1956; 09.1953-07.1956 stored cold||09.1956–1961 Burbach-Kaliwerke AG, Siegfried-Giesen potash works , "Locomotive No. 6", +1961 ++ 1965 (?)|
|34"||Dn2t||1435 mm||Henschel & Son||1920||17876||1920–1954||1954–1961 Burbach-Kaliwerke AG, Siegfried-Giesen potash works , "Locomotive No. 4", +1961 ++ (?)|
|35"||Dn2t||1435 mm||Henschel & Son||1920||17877||1920–1958; +1958||Whereabouts unknown|
|36||Ch2t||1000 mm||Henschel & Son||1917||15148||1920–1935||1917–1920 Heeresfeldbahnen HK9, 1935 to Westdeutsche Maschinenfabrik Liblar, further whereabouts unknown|
|37||Ch2t||1000 mm||Henschel & Son||1917||15149||1920–1935||1917–1820 Heeresfeldbahnen HK10, 1935 to Westdeutsche Maschinenfabrik Liblar, further whereabouts unknown|
|40 (22)||Cn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1900||1297||1900–1919 "22", 1919–1954 "40" + 1954||Whereabouts unknown|
|41 (23)||Cn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1901||1430||1901–1919 "23", 1919–1933 "41" +1933||Whereabouts unknown|
|42 (24)||Cn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1903||1492||1903–1919 "24", 1919–1933 "42" +1933||Whereabouts unknown|
|43 (25)||Cn2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1905||1911||1905–1919 "25", 1919–1953 "43" +1953||Whereabouts unknown|
|44||Cn2t||1435 mm||Henschel & Son||1919||16935||1920–1934 +1934||1919–1920?, Whereabouts unknown|
|45||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1919||3720||1920–1935 +1935||1919–1920?, Whereabouts unknown|
|50 (31)||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1918||3757||1918–1919 "31"; 1919–1963 "50" +1963||Whereabouts unknown|
|51 (32)||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1918||3758||1918–1919 "32"; 1919–1961 "51" +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|52 (33)||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1918||3888||1918–1920 "33"; 1920–1958 "52" +1958||Whereabouts unknown|
|53 (34)||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1918||3889||1918–1920 "34"; 1920–1958 "53" +1958||Whereabouts unknown|
|54 (35)||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1918||3890||1918–1920 "35"; 1920–1961 "54" +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|55||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1920||4075||1920–1961 +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|56||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1920||4076||1920–1958 +1958||Whereabouts unknown|
|57||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1921||4097||1921–1958 +1958||Whereabouts unknown|
|58||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1921||4098||1921–1959 +1959||Whereabouts unknown|
|59||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1922||4335||1922–1959 +1959||Whereabouts unknown|
|60"||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1922||4336||1922–1959 +1959||Whereabouts unknown|
|61||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1924||4370||1924–1959 +1959||Whereabouts unknown|
|62||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1924||4371||1924–1961 +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|63||Dh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1924||4372||1924–1961 +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|70 (60)||Eh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1920||4077||1920–1961 +1961||19xx Umzeichnung in "70"; 196x ++||Photo of the locomotive|
|71 (62)||Eh2t||1435 mm||Hohenzollern||1920||4078||1920–1961 +1961||19xx Umzeichnung in "71"; 196x ++|
|80||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Hanomag||1929||10636||1929–1961, +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|81||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1937||1707||1937–1961, +1961||Whereabouts unknown||Photo of the locomotive|
|82||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1938||1755||1938–1961, +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|83||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1938||1756||1938–1961, +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|84||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1938||2155||1940–1964, +1964||Whereabouts unknown|
|85||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1940||2156||1940–1961, +1961||Whereabouts unknown|
|86||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1941||2444||1941–1963, +1963||Whereabouts unknown|
|87||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1941||2445||1941–1963, +1963||Whereabouts unknown|
|88||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1943||2590||1943–1963, +1963||Whereabouts unknown|
|89||1'D1'h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1941||2503||1941–1963, +1963||Whereabouts unknown|
|90"||1'D'1h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1952||2811||1952–1966, +1966||Whereabouts unknown|
|95 (90)||1’C1’h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1935||1469||1935–1952 "90", 1952–1961 "95" +1961||Whereabouts unknown||Photo of the locomotive|
|96 (91)||1’C1’h2t||1435 mm||Krupp||1936||1563||1936–1952 "91", 1952–1964 "96", +1964||Whereabouts unknown|
|89 7040 (DRG)||C n2||1435 mm||Henschel & Son||1887||2413||28.12.1939–14.01.1940||borrowed from DR ; December 15, 1887–1906 as Elberfeld 1764 and 1906–30.08.1924 as Elberfeld 6167 for the Royal Prussian Railway Administration; August 31, 1924 - October 31, 1950 DRG / DRB / DR (West) / DB + October 31, 1950 ++ May 9, 1956|
|Road no.||design type||Gauge||Manufacturer||Construction year||Factory number||in operation at KBE||further use||Photo|
|KBE 300–304||(1A)(A1)||1000 mm||LHL , NAG||1925||?||1925-1932 and 1934, respectively||Whereabouts|
|KBE 305, 310 and 311||(1A)(A1)||1000 mm||DWK||1927, 1928||?||1927 and 1928-1934||Whereabouts|
Diesel locomotive 
|Road no.||design type||Manufacturer||Type||Construction year||Factory number||in operation at KBE||further use||Photo|
|V1||B-dm||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||A4M 220 R||1939||25952||12.07.1939–1971; ++ 197x||Photo of the locomotive|
|V2||C-dm||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||A6M 420 R||1943||42945||February 9, 1943-1969; Whereabouts unknown|
|V3||B-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||KS 225 B/T4M 525 R||1953||55545||07.08.1953–31.12.1991; 11.12.1986 Umzeichnung in "V 4"||01.01.1992–30.06.1992 HKG - Häfen Köln GmbH, Cologne [D] "V 4"; July 1, 1992–1997 HGK - Häfen und Güterverkehr Köln AG, Cologne [D] "V 4"; 1997–1998 NS - Nederlandse Spoorwegen , Afdeling Wisselboow, Utrecht [NL]; 1998–31.10.2004 NS - Nederlandse Spoorwegen, Werkplaats Tilburg [NL], engine with frost damage; 11/01/2004 Shunter, Velddriel [NL] ++ 2004||Photo of the locomotive|
|V4||B-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||KS 225 B/T4M 525 R||1953||55546||14.09.1953–1977; ++ 1982|
|V5||B-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||KS 225 B/T4M 525 R||1953||55547||September 25, 1953- December 31, 1991; July 1, 1991 changed to V3 (2nd line-up)||01.01.1992–30.06.1992 HKG - Häfen Köln GmbH, Cologne "V 3"; 01.07.1992–10.2006 HGK - Häfen und Güterverkehr Köln AG, Cologne "V 3"; 10.2006 KBEF - Cologne-Bonner Eisenbahn-Freunde e. V. "V 3", museum station Brühl-Vochem|
|V6||B-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||T4M 625 R||1957||56813||31.12.1957–1981||1981–198x WBB - West German Railway and Construction Equipment Horst Scholtz GmbH, Hattingen [D] [dealer]; 198x Cementi Giovanni Rossi SpA, Piacenza [I]; 20xx – after June 5, 2012 in Castel San Giovanni [I], whereabouts unknown|
|V11–V19||D-dh||Mechanical engineering Kiel||MaK 650 D||1958||600144–600151, 600142||from 1958||Whereabouts|
|V21–V24||D-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||MS 650 D||1959||56932–56935||from 1959||Whereabouts|
|V31 - V37||B'B'-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||DG 1200 BBM||1961 and 1963 (V36, V37)||57187–57191, 57471, 57541||from 1961 or 1963||Whereabouts|
|V38||B'B'-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||DG 1200 BBM||1962||57466||from 1967||Whereabouts|
|V53 - V54||D-dh||Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz||MS 800 D||1959||56994, 56995||from 1978||Whereabouts|
Electric multiple units
|Road no.||design type||Manufacturer||Construction year||Factory number||in operation at KBE||further use||Photo|
|AND 1 (501)||and 4||Van der Zypen & Charlier||1905||1905–1957; + 1957||Whereabouts unknown|
|AND 2 (505)||and 4||Siemens||1905||1905–1957; + 1957||Whereabouts unknown|
|AND 3 (506)||and 4||Siemens?||1905||1905–1957; + 1957||Whereabouts unknown|
|AND 4 (507)||and 4||Siemens?||1905||1905–1969; + 1969||1969 – after 1975 parked in front of KBE-Wagenhalle 2, whereabouts unknown|
|AND 5 (508)||and 4||Siemens?||1905||1905–1960; + 1960||Whereabouts unknown|
|AND 6 (510)||and 4||Siemens?||1905||1905–1957; + 1957 ++ 1957|
|AND 7 (512)||and 4||Herbrandt?||1907||1907–1957; + 1957||Whereabouts unknown|
|AND 8 (514)||and 4||Herbrandt||1908||1908-1975; ++ August 4th, 1975 (destroyed by fire)|
|AND 46a / b||Bo'2 'el||Westwaggon||1950||1950-1985; 04.08.1975 car part a destroyed by fire; Reconstruction with ET 51a; + 1985 ++ 1986|
|AND 47a / b||Bo'2 'el||Westwaggon||1950||183829/183830||1950–1986||1986–1987 Railway & Model Railway Friends Brühl EMB; 1987–1993 Förderkreis Eisenbahngeschichte Brühl FEB; ++ 1993|
|AND 57a / b||Bo'2 'el||Westwaggon||1956||192447/192448||November 26, 1956 - November 8, 1986; November 9, 1986 to July 16, 1987 stored in Brühl-Vochem||July 17, 1987– April 14, 1989 Stadtwerke Bonn , Dransdorf depot, placed as a memorial; April 15, 1989– March 16, 1994, Friesdorf depot, listed as a memorial; March 17th, 1994, private, in the former Bw Köln-Nippes ( RIM ) as a registered, movable monument|
|AND 58a / b||Bo'2 'el||Westwaggon||1956||192449/192450||1956–1986; + 1986 ++ 1990|
|AND 59a / b||Bo'2 'el||Westwaggon||1956||192451/192452||1956–11.1986||11.1986 St&H|
|AND 60a / b||Bo'2 'el||Westwaggon||1956||192453/192454||1956-1987; 6/30/77 burned out||1986–28.01.1987 St&H; 28.01.87 Linzer Lokalbahn (LiLo) 22 141a/b|
|AND 201||Bo'Bo' el||Westwaggon||1960||196270||1960-1988; 1978–02.09.1990 use for special trips||1990 Cologne-Bonner Eisenbahn-Freunde (KBEF), optically refurbished as an exhibit received in the KVB depot in Wesseling|
|AND 202||and 4||Waggon- und Maschinenbau GmbH Donauwörth||1964||1964–1978||1978–1981 Local Railway Salzburg – Lamprechtshausen ; ++ 07/13/1981 (destroyed by fire)|
|AND 203||and 4||Waggon- und Maschinenbau GmbH Donauwörth||1964||213||1964–26.07.1978||1979–1981 Local Railway Salzburg – Lamprechtshausen ; ++ after 1990|
|AND 204||and 4||Waggon- und Maschinenbau GmbH Donauwörth||1964||214||1964–26.07.1978||1979–1981 Local Railway Salzburg – Lamprechtshausen ; ++ after 1990|
|AND 210||et 4 (double railcar)||Waggon- und Maschinenbau GmbH Donauwörth||1964||1964-1976; ++ 23.10.1976 (destroyed by fire)|
|AND 211||et 4 (double railcar)||Waggon- und Maschinenbau GmbH Donauwörth||1964||1964-1975; ++ August 4th, 1975 (destroyed by fire)|
|AND 212||et 4 (double railcar)||Waggon- und Maschinenbau GmbH Donauwörth||1964||1964-1975; ++ August 4th, 1975 (destroyed by fire)|
As a feeder for the railway lines and as a replacement for the railways in times of low traffic, KBE owned a considerable fleet of buses . It provided a large part of the local bus network in the municipalities of Hürth , Brühl , Wesseling and Bornheim .
Two long-distance bus routes were also operated at times: one from Hürth via Frechen and Pulheim to Cologne-Worringen and one from Hürth via Frechen and Quadrath-Ichendorf to Bergheim (today's REVG lines 980 and 960).
- Wolfgang Herdam: Cologne-Bonn Railways - a review. Wolfgang-Herdam-Fotoverlag, Wesseling 1986, ISBN 3-921980-20-8 .
- Eduard Bündgen: The Cologne-Bonn Railways 1891–1992. EK-Verlag, Freiburg 1994, ISBN 3-88255-502-5 .
- Ports and Freight Transport Cologne AG (Ed.), 100 Years of Cologne-Bonn Railways. Ports and Freight Transport Köln AG, Cologne 1995.
- Hein Marx: Cologne-Bonner Eisenbahnen AG through the ages. In: Hürther Heimat , No. 71/72, year 1993, , pp. 90-113.
- Helmut Weingarten: The railway between the Rhine and Erft. A reading book for railroad fans. Rheinland-Verlag, Cologne 1987, ISBN 3-7927-0973-2 ( contributions to the history of the Erfkreis 5).
- Dieter Höltge: Trams and light rail vehicles in Germany, Volume 7 Cologne, Düren, Aachen. EK-Verlag, Freiburg i.Br. 2001, ISBN 3-88255-338-3 .
- Hans-Joachim Leven and the city of Brühl: Brühl and the railway. Brühl 1985 (online at: wisoveg.de , accessed Dec. 2009)
- Topographic maps 1: 25,000 Brühl from 1937 and 1958 (as of 1958), printed in Rheinbraun hiking map Ville-Seenplatte from 1991.