Royal Bavarian 2nd Infantry Regiment "Crown Prince" - Königlich Bayerisches 2. Infanterie Regiment „Kronprinz“
The 2nd Infantry Regiment "Kronprinz" was an association of the Bavarian Army , which was originally established in 1682 under the name Degenfeld on foot under Elector Max Emanuel for the Bavarian Army . From this a regiment of the Bavarian Army developed in the 19th century under the name of the 2nd Infantry Regiment “Crown Prince” .  It bore the founder's initials M (aximilian), E (manuel), E (lector) in its coat of arms. During the time in the Electoral Palatinate from 1778, the regiment became the 2nd Line Infantry Regiment "Crown Prince"included in the newly created master list. The following numbering was subsequently introduced for the system: 1682/7,  Infantry Regiment No. 2. 
In the 17th and 18th centuries the regiments only carried the name of the regiment holder .
The regiment was officially named on June 26, 1682 as a regiment on foot “Degenfeld” and on June 29, 1682 it was formed from the parent companies “Matthias Renner”, “Tobias Andersi” and “Dyonisius Wilhelm”, to which the parent company “Johann Baptist Graf von Arco ”as well as the companies“ Wolf Friedrich von Reding-Biberegg ”and“ Hptm. von Pfisterer ”. It was first stationed in Munich and Donauwörth. The first owner and at the same time Colonel Commander (the term Kommandeur was not used until 1872) of the regiment was General Field Marshal-Lieutenant Hannibal Freiherr von Degenfeld (1647 to October 16, 1691), who handed the regiment over to Colonel Franz Emanuel Graf della Rosa on November 27, 1683 . At that time it had a strength of about 1,100 men.
In addition to representatives of the Bavarian nobility, the regiment was owned by the Bavarian electoral princes, later the Bavarian crown princes, who gave the regiment its name. From 1721 to 1792 there were even two regimental owners. From 1862 regimental leaders were also appointed à la suite .
Campaigns against the Turks in 1683/88
In the campaign against the Turks on September 12, 1683, the regiment with a strength of 963 men entered Vienna. By October 1, more than 200 men had fallen ill and two men had deserted. There is no precise information about the fallen and wounded. The regiment was involved in the battle at Gran on October 25, 1683. During the siege of Ofen from July 14th to October 31st 1684 it received about 1,000 replacements in May / June, at the end of the siege the combat strength was still thirteen officers, six ensigns, 43 non-commissioned officers and 258 men. In 1684 the regiment was divided into eight companies of 125 men each. During the conquest of Neuhäusel Fortresson July 11, 1685, about 120 men were killed and the Colonel Commander Count della Rosa was so badly wounded that he died on June 23, 1685. He was followed by Jakob Siegmund Baron Gall von Gallenfels (August 8, 1685) as owner and Colonel Commander. The regiment was involved in the storming of Ofen on September 2, 1686 and suffered losses of around 300 men through death, wounding and illness (combat strength: 674 men), which could be replenished more than amply by replacing 1,257 men from Straubing . During the Battle of Mohacz on August 12, 1687, the regiment was marginally involved and had to cope with only minor losses (eighteen dead, three wounded and ten missing). During the storming of Belgradeon August 10, 1688, 28 men were killed and 51 men were wounded, including the Colonel Commander Baron von Gallenfels. On October 31, 1688, the regiment had melted down to 545 men.
Rhine campaigns 1689/97
On July 16, 1689, the regiment was in front of the Kehl fortress , which was built by the military architect Vauban , with at least no losses if the order was unknown. In 1690 it was upgraded to ten companies for one year , the regiment was again reduced to eight companies (combat strength on October 21, 1692: 24 officers, 61 NCOs and 651 men). It was at the Andernach , Erpel and Deutz locationsdistributed. During the War of the Succession there were some skirmishes with the French troops, where the regiment was spared major losses. On January 10, 1694, the regiment was renamed "Leibregiment des Kurprinzen Joseph Ferdinand", which despite its tender age of two years also became the owner, and in the same year took up the remains of the companies "Grießenbeck" and "Murach". The regiment was also equipped with new flags (white with blue stripes, the flag of the Leib-Company was made of white silk with the image of Our Lady in the middle). After the battle near St. Leonon July 10, 1695, the regiment returned to Bavaria with 1,076 men. In the same year the 1st Grenadier Company was established. On June 15, 1696 the regiment marched off towards the Netherlands and reached Roermond on July 7 . There it received 1,100 new rifles and set up winter quarters with 1,252 men in Alost and Termonde. On June 1, 1697 the company "Wolf Heinrich Gemmel von Flischbach" was added, in the same year the 2nd grenadier company was set up and the regiment was divided into two battalions of five companies each. That year the regiment was billeted in Geldern , Roermond and Venlo .
On September 5, 1699, after the sudden death of Prince Elector Joseph Ferdinand, it was renamed "Leibregiment des Kurprinzen Karl Albrecht ", of which he was the owner until March 28, 1727. On December 1, 1700, Emanuel Graf von Arco became the colonel in command.
War of the Spanish Succession 1702/14
June 1702 the regiment took on the free companies "Johann Jakob Frankenreither von Frankenegg" and "Johann Gottlieb von Grimming" and now divided into three battalions of five companies each. In the battle near Schärdenberg-Eisenbirn on March 11, 1703, the regiment fought with minor losses and took 448 prisoners.
It took part in the campaign in Tyrol with a strength of 949 men and 97 horses. In the battle of the Schellenberg on July 2, 1704, the regiment suffered painful losses, the Colonel Commander Count Arco drowned during the battle and 72 men were taken prisoner. At the battle of Höchstädton August 13, 1704 the regiment was involved with seven companies, where after this decisive defeat all flags fell into the hands of the enemy and it counted only 313 heads. Then the regiment was disarmed down to battalion strength. When the regiment was restored in 1705, the French foreign battalion "Boismorel" under Lieutenant Colonel Francois de La Colonie was incorporated as a company and the division of two battalions of one grenadier company and eight fusilier companies was taken up again.
The campaign in the Netherlands began on June 4, 1705, in the battle near Huy, which was pleasing to the regiment, losing almost 30 men of its own, bringing in 132 officers and 1,300 men as prisoners. On June 18, 1705, the regiment deployed a battalion to capture Liège . After the battle on the Dyle , the regiment seems to have withdrawn from the fighting, as the 350-man main force apparently trained 236 recruits from Luxembourg and 296 recruits from Strasbourg and in 1706 another 241 recruits from Strasbourg. At the beginning of 1706 the regiment had grown to 1,536 men and was again divided into three battalions. After the Battle of Ramillieson May 23, 1706, a considerable number of regimental soldiers deserted. It took part in the bloody battle at Malplaquet on September 11, 1709. On June 22, 1710, the regiment was reduced to one grenadier company and eight fusilier companies . In 1711 the Frenchman Francois de La Colonie was appointed Colonel Commander. The regiment was involved in the recapture of lost areas in 1712. During the siege of Landau from June 23 to August 19, 1713, it placed a contingent in the observation army.
Campaigns against the Turks in 1717/18 and 1738/39
The regiment entered the battle of Belgrade on July 3, 1717 with 1,439 men , which ended with the capture of the city on August 18, 1717. The loss of about eighty men was replenished by 495 replacements in May 1718.
On November 6th, 1721 the regiment got the first 2nd owner, Lieutenant Field Marshal Heinrich Vambès de Florimond , who held the honor until his death in 1752. On July 4, 1722, the regiment gave the III. Battalion for the formation of the regiment "Seyboltstorff". In addition, the regiment "Prince Joseph Ludwig" (1732) and the district regiment (1734) were established from its personnel. On September 24, 1734 the III. Battalion reorganized to five fusilier companies. After the regiment was distributed to several small garrisons in Lower Bavaria in 1735, it moved to winter quarters in Donauwörth , Rain , Neuburg an der Donau and Lauingen in autumn . In 1736 the whole regiment was inIngolstadt stationed.
In 1738 the regiment deployed the 2nd Battalion (one grenadier company, five fusilier companies) with a strength of eighteen officers and 745 men. In the Battle of Grotzka on June 13, 1739, eighty men were killed or wounded; by April 1740 it had lost a total of 360 men including illness.
War of the Austrian Succession 1741/45
The regiment took with the III. Battalion and two grenadier companies participated in the occupation of Passau on July 31, 1741. On February 12, 1742 the regiment was renamed "Crown Prince Infantry Regiment". During the battle for Straubing from April 8th to 11th, 1742 the regiment, which had deployed two battalions for this purpose, suffered around ninety deaths. In the battles around Cham (Upper Palatinate) on September 9, 1742, a battalion had to endure heavy fighting with Austrian Pandours. The regiment subsequently had a combat strength of only sixteen officers and 316 men. During the battle for Rosenheimon May 27, 1743 twelve men died, three officers and 130 men were taken prisoner. In the Battle of Weissenburg (Alsace) on July 5, 1744, the Commander-in-Chief Johann Martin de La Colonie was seriously wounded and passed away shortly afterwards. His successor Johann Albrecht von Krays was also wounded and died on August 6, 1744.
Then the regiment was disarmed to two battalions. In March 1745, however, it had a strength of 1,316 men again. On August 20, 1745, it was named "Kurprinz Infantry Regiment". On November 30, 1747, it took up three companies of the disbanded district regiment and was again divided into three battalions. On July 28, 1753, two grenadier and eight fusilier companies were given up to the "Graf Holnstein" regiment.
Seven Years War 1757/58
The regiment sent the 2nd Battalion with five companies (combat strength: approx. 650 men) to the auxiliary corps of General Field Sergeant Johannes Claudius Graf Seyssel d'Aix. In October and November 1757 it was involved in the occupation of Schweidnitz on November 12th by the Austrian army. At Leuthen on December 5, 1757, the Habsburg forces and their allies were defeated by the Prussian King Friedrich II.decisively beaten. The regiment lost three officers and about eighty men to death, wounding or imprisonment, as well as all tents and all baggage. In the battles at Olomouc from May 21 to July 2, 1758, it took part with nine officers and 315 men, with 119 men losses. Before the battalion was ordered back to Bavaria prematurely on August 2, 1758, it had to assign fifteen NCOs to the four remaining regiments.
From January 1, 1790, the regiment was in "2. Grenadier Regiment Kurprinz ”renamed.
First coalition war 1792/97
One battalion of the regiment was assigned to the defense of Mannheim in 1794 , the rest of the regiment remained in Munich. On April 14, 1796 Johann Nepomuk Graf von Trivia was appointed colonel commander of the regiment for about three years. On February 21, 1799, Prince Elector Ludwig Karl August , Crown Prince from January 1, 1806, was appointed owner of the regiment. On March 31, 1799 it received the 3rd grenadier company of the "Graf Ysenburg" regiment. On June 6, 1799 the regiment was renamed "Fusilier Regiment Kurprinz".
Second coalition war 1798/1802
On May 5, 1800 the combined battalion "Pompei" was deployed to cover the deployment of the 2nd Brigade under Colonel Carl Philipp von Wrede . The battalion commander instructed Major Vincenz von Pompeiby cleverly and purposefully leading his officers and men off all attempts at breakthrough by the French. At the same time, through the steadfastness of his battalion, he enabled the orderly retreat of the Austrian forces across the Danube. In the battle near Memmingen on May 10, 1800, he unshakably covered the further retreat of the Austrians despite violent French attacks supported by gunfire. Major Pompei was wounded in the process. After a report and proposal for promotion to lieutenant colonel by Colonel Wrede on May 17, 1800, he was appointed lieutenant colonel and commander of the grenadier battalion (formerly "Siebein") on May 26, 1800 because of his military merits and bravery. For Neuburgthe 2nd Battalion with twenty officers and 597 men was placed under the Subsidien Corps in June 1800. From December 22nd, 1800 to January 1st, 1801, Lieutenant Colonel Pompei led three battalions on the right wing of the Danube Cordon commanded by Colonel Wrede so skillfully against the French troops that at that time Bohemia and Austria were spared from war in their own country. For his achievements in the campaign of 1800 he was awarded the Military Medal of Honor according to the army order of January 14, 1805 , which was replaced on March 1, 1806 by the Knight's Cross of the Military Max Joseph Order . In the battle of Hohenlindenon December 3, 1800 the battalion lost around 200 men, most of whom were taken prisoner. On September 1, 1800, the 1st Battalion was assigned 26 officers and 850 men to the auxiliary corps. Except for a few deserters, the mission went without any losses.
On March 27, 1804 the regiment was transferred to “2. Line Infantry Regiment Kurprinz ”renamed.
Third Coalition War 1805
Two battalions were subordinated to the brigade of Major General Count Minucci (1st Division Lieutenant General von Deroy ) for the war against Austria in 1805 . On November 1, 1805, two companies were deployed on the Strub Pass.
The 1st Battalion was assigned to the 2nd Brigade (Major General Franz Graf Minucci) of the 2nd Division (Lieutenant General Freiherr von Wrede ). At the end of 1806 it was involved in some skirmishes near Glogau and Breslau . On June 13, 1807, a depot company for the establishment of the 11th Line Infantry Regiment "Kinkel" was given up .
Fifth Coalition War 1809
During the war against Austria in 1809, the regiment was subordinate to the 1st Infantry Brigade (1st Division Lieutenant General von Deroy). After the battle near Offenstetten on April 20, 1809, it captured twelve cannons. On August 11, 1809, the regiment suffered twenty dead and wounded in the battle near Schönberg, and the colonel commander, Colonel Johann Nepomuk Graf von Spaur, was taken prisoner. It also took part in the battles on the Bergisel (August 13 and November 1, 1809). On October 5, 1809, the reinforced 1st Battalion occupied Berchtesgaden . On November 1, 1809, the riflemen of the 2nd Battalion received from General Raglovich under the command of Lieutenant Anton Heiligensteinthe order to take the Zillerhöfe, which succeeded after a short firefight. First lieutenant Heiligenstein noticed the Tyrolean entrenchments on the right bank of the Ziller, who had already opened fire on the Zillerhöfe. He decided to take these positions by storm and advanced towards the entrenchments on a hill. Up close he now realized that he could not take this head-on without serious losses of his own. He left a small detachment behind in the forest in front of it, which was supposed to occupy and distract the Tyroleans with interference. With the bulk of his riflemen he circumvented the positions of the Tyroleans on the left, attacked the enemy on his flank with the most violent fire of his ninety men and threw around 300 Tyroleans out of their entrenchments and entrenchments. A Tyrolean position occupied at Ambras was now also threatened and had to be evacuated. This entrenchment was immediately occupied by Bavarian troops. For his prudent and clever disposition during the fight at the Reiner- (also Ziller-) Hof he was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Military Max Joseph Order in accordance with the army order of October 22, 1810. 1810 was the regiment's garrison townSalzburg.
On 15 February 1812, the regiment marched (thickness: 2,100 men), which was placed under the 1st Brigade, under the command of Colonel Ferdinand von Hoffnaß of Salzburg, reaching on July 3, the Niemen. In the Battle of Polotsk on August 17, 1812, the regiment lost 120 dead and over 200 wounded. The replacement of two officers and 36 men, which was updated in October 1812, could not make up for the losses. The companies were no longer sixty men strong. During the retreat the regiment was further decimated; after the battle at Wileika on November 4, 1812, there were still fifty men. Now the regiment received replacements for four officers and 400 men. In January 1813 a battalion with twenty officers and 480 men was formed from the remaining troops, and a battalion with the remnants of the 6th Infantry Regiment was put together to form the "von Hoffnaß" regiment. After the siege and bombardment of Thornfrom January 20 to April 18, 1813, only seventeen officers and 270 men were fit for duty at the time of the handover. At the end of the campaign, including replacements, only 250 men of the regiment returned to Salzburg.
Wars of Liberation 1813/15
The second battalion of the regiment was involved in the battle of Hanau on October 31, 1813. The 1st Battalion fought on December 24, 1813 at Belfort, Nogent and Donnemarie. At Bar-sur-Aube on February 27, 1814, the 2nd Battalion lost four officers and 81 men. On July 16, 1814, the regiment was divided from the Grand Ducal Würzburg Infantry Regiment of the III. Battalion and his fusilier company. In 1815 the regiment was no longer used.
Between the Congress of Vienna and the German War
On November 27, 1815, the IV. National Field Battalion Salzburg and the I. and III. Battalion of the Salzach district included as IV and V frame battalion. After the frame battalions were renamed in 1817, they were disbanded on June 1, 1822. At the time, the regiment was divided into two battalions, each with a rifle company and five fusilier companies. During cholera-Epidemic In 1830, the 1st Battalion sealed off a section of the Austrian border as a cordon. On October 28, 1835, the regiment was renamed the "Crown Prince Infantry Regiment". On March 4, 1848, the regiment moved out to fight insurgents after the armory was broken into. On April 21, 1848 the III. Battalion set up again, the 2nd battalion was to occupy the Swabian district, then until the end of July 1848 in Badendetached. From April 26, 1848, the regiment received its final designation 2nd Infantry Regiment "Crown Prince". After the dissolution and reorganization of the 5th, 10th and 15th fusilier companies and the 3rd rifle company, the 5th, 10th and 15th fusilier companies were converted into rifle companies on May 24, 1863. Individual battalions were repeatedly relocated from the main garrison town of Munich, especially the garrisons of Ingolstadt, Germersheim , Landau in the Palatinate , Fürstenfeldbruck and for a company Laufen .
War against Prussia 1866
The regiment was not used in the German War as a whole, on June 18, 1866 the 1st Battalion of the 1st Brigade , the II. And III. Battalion subordinated to the 2nd Brigade . In the battle near Nüdlingen on July 10, the regiment suffered six dead, 65 wounded and two missing. The 1st battalion deployed in the battles near Helmstadt and the 2nd and 3rd battalion deployed in the battles near Üttingen . The battalion was able to pull itself out of the affair with only two dead. The IV Battalion, set up for the Marienberg Fortress, did not lose a man on July 25, despite being fired by Prussian artillery, and was subsequently disbanded.
In May and July 1868 the regiment handed over personnel and the 6th rifle company to the 7th and 9th Jäger Battalion. On January 10, 1869, Friedrich Freiherr von und zu der Tann was appointed colonel commander.
Franco-German War 1870/71
The regiment entered under the 2nd Brigade (Major General von Orff) with a strength of 65 officers and 1,800 NCOs and men. It had its baptism of fire in the Battle of Wörth on August 6, 1870 with 45 dead and 201 wounded. While the fencing at Beaumont (August 30, 1870) I. and III. Battalion got away without wounds, the 2nd Battalion at Remilly suffered minor losses on August 31, 1870 (nine killed, fifteen wounded / missing). On September 1, 1870, the regiment had to take part in the Battle of Sedaninflict a high toll on the officers (nine killed, fifteen wounded, seven prisoners) so that the 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 8th companies were led by sergeants. After the battle the regiment brought fourteen French officers and several hundred prisoners to the rear. After the occupation of Artenay on October 10, 1870, three French officers and 400 men were captured by the regiment, but the hard days of fighting gradually made themselves felt. The 2nd Battalion was badly hit, so the 6th Company had only eight NCOs and 42 men. 300 replacement men and two platoons from the replacement company were immediately split up. The I. and III. Battalion took part in the siege of Paris(September 29 to November 24, 1870) participated without any significant losses. The 2nd battalion had to cope with the battle of Coulmiers on November 9, 1870 over ninety men killed, wounded and prisoners. At the end of November 1870 the regiment had a strength of 47 officers and 1,600 men. When it withdrew from Villepion on December 1, 1870, it suffered the loss of 200 men. In the subsequent battle of Loigny and Poupry (December 2, 1870), the regiment captured 200 French soldiers, but suffered another 200 casualties. At the Battle of Orléans the regiment ( battalions) , which had been bled out, was only two companies strong) used as flank protection. During the fighting at Beaugency-Cravant from December 8th to 10th, 1870, 240 men were sidelined again, including Colonel von und zu der Tann due to wounding. The regiment was divided into four companies led by sergeants. At the end of December 1870, nine of the initial 65 officers were still on duty. From December 27, 1870 the remnants of the regiment took up positions in front of Paris. With replacements that it would have urgently needed months before, the regiment had a strength of 2,000 men, but these were no longer needed for any significant combat operations. On May 26, 1871, the regiment was relieved and marched towards home. It reached Munich on July 16, 1871.
On April 1, 1893, the IV Half Battalion with the 13th and 14th companies was established. The regiment was stationed in Munich that year. In 1895 the III. Battalion moved to Landsberg for a year . The IV. Battalion remained in Landsberg until 1897 the 13th and 14th were transferred to the 20th Infantry Regiment as the 9th and 10th companies . From then on, the garrison town of the Munich regiment remained , its barracks the Oberwiesenfeld barracks . From November 1, 1899 to October 10, 1900, Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria was commander of the regiment, and in 1912 he was regiment leader à la suite. On October 1, 1911, the regiment received aMG company. On September 12, 1912, Prince Franz of Bavaria took command of the regiment. The last owner of the regiment was Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria from November 5, 1913 until the regiment was dissolved.
The regiment entered on August 2, 1914 with a combat strength of 65 officers, six doctors, three paymasters , 3,200 NCOs and crews and 230 horses under the command of the 2nd Infantry Brigade. The unit was part of the 6th Army under Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria. In August 1914, the reserve battalion was set up. The regiment advanced from Saarburg to Cirey-sur-Vezouze in the first days of August 1914 . On August 16, 1914, it was moved back east of Saarburg. On August 20, 1914, the regiment attacked and reached St. George . The following day it went into pursuit of the French forces and pushed into the area near Baccarat by August 24thbefore where the French counterattacks halted the regiment's advance. On September 5, 1914 extracted from the front, it moved by rail transport to Namur and marched to September 23, 1914 against French cavalry units fighting to Péronne . On September 24, 1914, it crossed the Somme and advanced to Lihons , but was repulsed by superior French forces. On September 26, 1914, Colonel Otto Staubwasser took command of the regiment.
On May 19, 1915, the regiment gave the 13th and 14th company to the newly established 24th Infantry Regiment . In the autumn battle at La Bassée and Arras , the regiment succeeded on October 11, 1915, the own positions between Givenchy and Thélus against superior parts of the III. and XII. to keep French army corps.
At the end of September for the II. And III. Battalion set up one machine gun company each. During the Battle of Verdun in 1916, the 6th Company was completely wiped out in March, and within four weeks it had to cope with the loss of fifty officers and 1,500 men. During the Battle of the Somme in October 1916, the regiment proved itself in the fighting around and in Sailly-Saillisel .
On January 16, 1917, the 1st Replacement Battalion was transferred to the 30th Infantry Regiment . On June 14, 1917, almost the entire staff of the 1st Battalion was killed in an ammunition explosion. Shortly afterwards, the regiment was so battered that it was allowed to withdraw to its first and only resting position near Charleville from June 22 to July 24, 1917.
In September 1918, a mine thrower company and intelligence trains for the regiment and battalions were budgeted, but no longer fully established. During the Michael Battle in March / April 1918, the regiment captured a French colonel, another four officers and over 1000 men and captured many artillery pieces and machine guns. The company's own losses amounted to 97 dead, 437 wounded, including the commander, and 56 missing. On March 24, 1918, Major Count von Castell was appointed commander. Another source mentions Major Utz (April 15, 1918) as the successor to Colonel Staubwasser. In late summer 1918, the regiment took part in the defensive battles between Oise and Aisnepart. On August 20, 1918, the regiment was decimated, of the 1st Battalion alone only forty men were still alive, the rest were killed, wounded or taken prisoner. On September 25, 1918, Lieutenant Colonel Karl Bucher was appointed the last commander. The regiment was in Champagne at the end of the war .
The regiment's total losses during World War I were:
- Dead: 64 officers, a doctor, 246 NCOs and 2701 men
- Missing: 17 NCOs and 250 men
- Prisoners of war: twelve officers, a doctor, 82 NCOs and 427 men
Knight's Cross holder of the Military Max Joseph Order of the regiment from 1914 to 1918
- March 10, 1916: Lieutenant Otto Rompf († May 20, 1917)
- October 9, 1918: Major Hermann Gierl
On the occasion of the 250th anniversary of the founding in 1932, the anniversary medal of the 2nd Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment "Crown Prince" was donated and awarded under the protectorate of the last regiment holder, Rupprecht von Bayern .
- Konrad Krafft von Dellmensingen , Friedrichfranz Feeser : The Bavaria book of the world wars 1914-1918. Volume 1, Chr.Belser AG Verlagbuchhandlung, Stuttgart 1930.
- Otto Staubwasser : The KB 2nd Infantry Regiment Kronprinz. Bavarian War Archives, Munich 1924, (= Volume 24 of the series on the Bavarian units in memorial sheets of German regiments , digitized: urn : nbn: de: 101: 1-201306097157 )
- Günther Voigt: Germany's armies until 1918. Volume 10: Bavaria: Infantry Leib Regiment, Infantry Regiments 1–23, Jäger Battalions 1–2, 1st machine gun division. Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1984, ISBN 3-7648-1199-4 .
- The regiment was the second unit of the 2nd Infantry Brigade alongside the 16th Infantry Regiment .
- after Georg Tessin 1986 Volume 1: 78.
- after Hans Bleckwenn
- Jürgen Kraus: Handbook of the units and troops of the German army 1914-1918. Part VI: Infantry. Volume 1: Infantry Regiments. Publishing house Militaria. Vienna 2007, ISBN 978-3-902526-14-4 , p. 433.