The regiment was set up in Italy on March 14, 1706. The first regular troops were recruited from the Bavarian prisoners from the prisons of Pavia, Cremona and Allessandria and from defectors and country children under French pay by Brigadier Joseph de St. Jure Chevalier de Mercy. It consisted of two battalions of six companies each and was housed in Allessandria and Vienne. On June 26, 1706, a first muster took place with 70 officers and 492 men, 115 men were on the march. The regiment received only one body flag made of white silk with a painted portrait of the Mother of God and two Ordinari flags (white and blue stripes).
War of the Spanish Succession (1706/14)
At Asti the regiment with 600 men was on standby in Hungary on July 7, 1706. Little details are known of the battles near Turin from August 3 to September 7, 1706. At the end of the battle there were 400 men left. The first Colonel Commandant (the term Kommandeur only came into use from 1878) became Franz Joseph Wiguleus Freiherr von Lerchenfeld on February 1, 1707. On the same day, Colonel Emanuel Franz Joseph Chevalier de Bavière was appointed the first owner of the regiment, whose name ("Chevalier de Bavière") it bore from February 16, 1707. The regiment was disarmed to 6 companies in 1707. From January 1, 1709 to May 19, 1716, Elector Max Emanuel von Bayern was the owner of the regiment himself, which was named "Royal Bavière" at the time. The regiment entered French service and was stationed in Metz and Roth near Weissenburg . The command of the regiment took over on January 1, 1709 Colonel Chevalier de Bavière. It received sky-blue Ordinari flags with a broad border of blue and white wake and a white cross with golden lilies. Only the deaths of two lieutenants are known of the battles near Freiburg from September 22nd to November 1st, 1713.
Around July 15, 1715, the regiment took the remains of the "Reding" regiment. On April 1, 1716, two companies under Colonel Chevalier des Bavière with the French flags remained in Metz, the remaining troops returned to Bavaria after a ceremonial consecration and delivery of three new flags on April 13, 1716 in Fort Louis under Colonel Baron von Lerchenfeld . The regiment's garrison was Amberg , the individual units / sub-units took part in Nabburg , Hirschau , Eschenbach , Grafenwöhr , Kirchenthumbach , Rötz and KemnathQuarters. On May 19, 1716, Baron von Lerchenfeld was appointed owner of the regiment, which was renamed “Lerchenfeld” as regiment on foot . On June 15, 1716 five new flags were procured, so that now all companies had their own flag.
Campaigns against the Turks (1717/18 and 1737 and 1739)
In the war of 1717/1718, the 1st and 2nd battalions of the regiment with a total of 1,395 men took part. It was divided into three battalions with two grenadier and 15 fusilier companies. The regiment took part in the siege of Belgrade (July 18 to August 18, 1717). On August 16, 1717, a company had to surrender the flag to the Turks during the night in battle, but it was brought back on the same day by a dashing commando under Captain Dulac. Here the regiment had to take three dead, three wounded officers who all succumbed to their wounds, one wounded field chaplain, 10 wounded and 51 sick. On May 9, 1718, 531 replacement men were incorporated.
In 1721 the regiment consisted of two grenadier and ten fusilier companies. Ingolstadt was the garrison town at the time . On February 1, 1730, Major General Ossalco Graf von Minucci succeeded the previously deceased Field Marshal Lieutenant Alexander Marquis von Maffei as owner of the regiment. The former regiment on foot "Maffei" was also renamed the regiment on foot "Minucci" . On September 24, 1730, the III. Battalion with five fusilier companies established. On June 27th 1732 the regiment gave 101 men to the formation of the regiment "Prince Joseph Ludwig"from. The 1st Battalion was transferred to Straubing in 1732. On February 26, 1733, Johann Georg Karl von Mooran took the post of Colonel Commander. In 1735 the regiment moved to Straubing , parts of which were quartered in Fürth , Viechtach , Regen , Zwiesel , Oberhofen, Plattling , Vilshofen and Stadtamhof .
In 1737 the 1st Battalion with six companies was surrendered as part of the Bavarian Auxiliary Corps for Austria under GWM Graf Minucci. On August 17, 1738, the regiment participated in the battles on the Ratza without losses. In the battle of Grockaon July 22, 1739, which ended with the defeat of the Imperial Army, the regiment lost seven officers, including the Commander-in-Chief Colonel von Mooran, and 28 dead and 67 wounded. At the same time it received 159 replacements. In the battle at Pancsova on August 30, 1739 in the course of the retreat battles, the regiment had no losses. According to his will, the late Commander-in-Chief von Mooran donated the extraordinary amount of 10,025 guilders at the time. The interest of this foundation was intended to benefit widows and orphans of officers and NCOs. The fortune was not used up until the 19th century.
War of the Austrian Succession (1741/48)
In the battle near Neuhaus on November 12, 1741, the regiment suffered only a few casualties, but one officer and 54 men were taken prisoner. Two captains and 49 men were taken prisoner during the retreat to Linz . From January 1st to 4th, 1742, 22 officers and 773 men were captured, two standards were lost. In the battle of Schärding on January 17, 1742, 21 men were left of the entire regiment, the rest had fallen (79 men), wounded, captured and missing (296 men). The remaining parts of the regiment were then quartered as a garrison in Linz, which 3 officers and 78 men left on January 24, 1742 after being besieged by Habsburg troops. In a battle near KelheimOn April 10, 1742, 100 Bavarians and 200 Palatine took part under the leadership of the regiment. On July 27, 1742, the regiment was still 110 men strong after the battle near Frauenberg. In August 1742 it had grown again to about 1200 men. During the siege of Prague from August 31 to September 10, 1742, the regiment suffered 3 deaths. The Bavarian troops stationed there (4th, 5th and 10th Infantry Regiments ) died of disease and 46 men deserted. In the battles near Braunau and Rosenheim in May 1743, the regiment lost another 200 men. At the end of the war (March 1745) the regiment still numbered 1,094 people.
On August 12, 1746, Colonel Franz Servatius de la Rosée was appointed Colonel Commander. Between 1745 and 1793 the regiment frequently changed its garrison from Ingolstadt to Straubing; except from 1756 to 1764, when it was stationed in Braunau.
Participation in the Seven Years War (1757/59)
The regiment sent the 1st and 2nd Battalions to the Auxiliary Corps. During the capture of the fortress Schweidnitz (October 13 to November 12, 1757) it lost one dead and two wounded. In the Battle of Wroclaw from November 22nd to 24th, the regiment got away with seven dead and 24 wounded. After the Battle of Leuthen on December 5, 1757, 34 dead members of the regiment lay on the battlefield. In addition, nine officers and 111 men were wounded and two officers and 58 men were taken prisoner in Prussia. In June 1758 the contingent of the regiment was part of the combined regiment "La Rosée" and fought near Olomouc . During the battles on the NeisseFrom October 3 to November 6, 1758, the Bavarian infantry regiments (4th, 5th and 10th) had only three deaths to complain about, but the commander-in-chief of the 5th infantry regiment (Colonel Marquis de Gravisi), 2 captains and 293 men were taken prisoner. When the Auxiliary Corps was ordered back to Bavaria in January / March 1759, the regiment had a strength of 954 men, 116 of them sick.
On January 15, 1759, Colonel La Rosée was appointed owner of the regiment, which was also renamed the Regiment on Foot "de la Rosée" . On August 19, 1775, Major General Max Emanuel Graf von der Wahl became the owner of the regiment, which was also renamed the Regiment on Foot "Graf Wahl" . From January 1, 1790, it was named 5th Fusilier Regiment "Graf Wahl" . On June 1, 1791, Major General Franz Graf von Zedtwitz became the owner of the regiment ( 5th Fusilier Regiment "Graf Zedtwitz" ). On April 16, 1792, Major General Klemens von Weichs was appointed owner, but it was not until June 10, 1800 that the regiment became part of the "von Weichs" infantry regiment., after his death on February 16, 1801 renamed the infantry regiment "vacant Weichs" . In 1793 the regiment was divided between Mannheim , Mainz and Straubing.
The regiment was involved in the battles near Fischbach and Kaiserslautern in August 1794 . In the battle for the Zahlbacher Schanze on December 1, 1794, one man fell and ten were wounded. On May 27, 1799, the regiment was disarmed to a battalion, which was named after its Colonel Commandant Andreas von Krohne Infantry Battalion "Krohne" . From May 11 to October 2, 1800 it was used in the National Defense Corps, then in the Auxiliary Corps. At that time it consisted of 25 officers and 764 men. In April 1801 the regiment was divided into two battalions, each with a grenadier company and four fusilier companies. In the war against Austria the regiment was subordinate to the 2nd Brigade and at Lofer ,Kufstein and Iglau used.
On March 27, 1804, General Feldzeugmeister Joseph Ferdinand Maria Graf von Salern († December 7, 1805) was appointed owner of the regiment, at the same time it was named 4th Line Infantry Regiment " Graf Salern " , after his death accordingly "vacant" .
In the war against Prussia (1806/07) the regiment was again subordinated to the 2nd Brigade (Lieutenant General von Raglovich ) / 1st Division (Lieutenant General von Deroy ). Worth mentioning is the battle near Sierock on May 14, 1807, in which the Commander-in-Chief Colonel von Pierron and 30 men were killed and 8 officers and 65 men were wounded.
The regiment took part in the war against Austria in 1809 under the same subordinate conditions. During the Battle of Eggmühl on April 22, 1809, the regiment lost a dead. The regiment held its position on the Lueg Pass from May 1st to 5th, 1809 and lost 11 dead, 50 wounded and 31 missing. When the Bergisel was stormed on November 1, 1809, the regiment suffered - as far as is known - only minor losses. It remained in Tyrol as an occupying force until the end of the year.
On January 8, 1811, Lieutenant General Friedrich Duke of Saxony-Hildburghausen († September 29, 1834) was appointed owner of the regiment, ten days later it was renamed the 4th Line Infantry Regiment "Duke of Saxony-Hildburghausen" .
Campaign against Russia in 1812
The regiment entered under the 2nd Brigade with two battalions of six companies each with a strength of 1,800 men. In the Battle of Polotsk on August 18, 1812, three officers died and eight men and six officers were wounded. The number of crews wounded is not known, but under the conditions at the time, a serious wound was equivalent to a death sentence. The 3rd Company, for example, only had 13 men after the battle. On September 20, 1812 General Wrede decidedto hand over the flags of the regiments to War Commissioner Amann for a receipt, because Wrede believed that the weakened regiments would no longer be able to defend the flags in combat. The flags were stolen from a Cossack raid near Uschach. On October 18 and 19, 1812, a company of 80 men was formed from the two battalions after the battles on the Strudina. During the battle near Crasowka on December 12, 1812, the last 20 men in the regiment either fell or went missing.
Campaign against France 1813/15
The regiment sent a battalion to the 1st Brigade under General von Lamotte. On 30./31. In October 1813 the Bavarian contingent threw themselves against Napoleon's troops near Hanau , but Napoleon quickly dealt with the Bavarian-Austrian troops. The regiment had to accept 20 dead, six officers, including the Commander-in-Chief Colonel Matthias Fortemps, and 93 men wounded as well as 16 officers and 267 men missing. From December 22, 1813 to January 10, 1814, the regiment was deployed near Hüningen . In the battle there on April 5, 1814, Captain Heinrich received Count Guiot du Ponteil from General Friedrich Freiherr von Zollerthe order to take the Maschikuli tower, the small Flesche in the area of the Abaduzi monument and the Sternschanze. After the tower had been taken under fire with two batteries, du Ponteil occupied the Maschikuliturm and took the section from there to the small Flesche. After reporting to General von Zoller, he was ordered to storm the Sternschanze, especially since resistance was still being offered from there. With volunteers from various regiments he attacked the Sternschanze immediately, surprising the enemy first at the glacis in front of the rampart, then at the parapet of the same. Despite fire from the nearby fortress, du Ponteil was able to hold the conquered parts. Du Ponteil distinguished himself especially for his quick and skilful action. In addition, the units involved had only one slightly injured person to complain about. For the storming of the Maschikuli tower he was awarded the Knight's Cross ofMilitary Max Joseph Order awarded. The regiment lost a total of 12 dead and 37 wounded in the fighting for the Maschikuli tower. In Schlettstadt , on January 10, 1814, it had to endure 16 more dead and several wounded.
In 1814 the regiment was stationed in Regensburg . On July 16, 1814, the regiment gave up two grenadier companies with a strength of 7 officers, 21 NCOs and 227 men to form the Grenadier Guard Regiment, but most of them ended up with the 1st Infantry Regiment . On November 27, 1815, the regiment took the IX. and XX. National Field Battalion Regensburg as IV and V battalion. On June 26, 1817 the III. (Reserve) battalion dissolved, the IV and V battalions in III. and IV. Framework Battalion, which were disbanded on June 1, 1822. On November 29, 1838 Major General Anton became Baron von Gumppenberg(January 10, 1787 - April 5, 1855) appointed owner of the regiment, at the same time it was renamed the Infantry Regiment "Gumppenberg". In 1846 the widow of Lieutenant General von Theobald donated 60,000 guilders. The interest was to be paid to fatherless and single daughters of officers and military officials as a benefit. On April 21, 1848 another III. Battalion set up. It was housed in the garrison towns of Regensburg, Nuremberg and Bamberg . The regiment was renamed the 4th Infantry Regiment "Gumppenberg" on April 26, 1848 , and from April 10, 1855 into the 4th Infantry Regiment "vacant Gumppenberg" . In 1859 the regiment had 18 companies.
The regiment deployed the 2nd battalion with 28 officers and 1,010 men for the war and was deployed at Düppel, where on April 13, 1849 it had to mourn one man killed and 11 wounded, including the battalion commander.
In 1851 the regiment moved to the Palatinate (Kaiserslautern, Pirmasens , Zweibrücken , Speyer , Ludwigshafen , Kirchheimbolanden ). In 1857 the regiment came to Aschaffenburg , the III. Battalion was relocated to Würzburg . In 1863 3 fusilier companies were converted into 3 rifle companies.
War against Prussia 1866
The II. And III. Battalion (company strength 144 men) was the 8th Brigade (Major General Cella) / 4. Infantry Division (Lieutenant General von Hartmann ) subordinated. The combat strength was 39 officers, 122 NCOs, 35 minstrels and 1,303 men. Colonel in command was Colonel Christian Ignaz August Erasmus Ritter von Mann, Edler von Tiechler. In the battles at Roßdorf (July 4, 1866) and Roßbrunn (July 26, 1866) the battalions suffered losses of 11 officers and 155 men. Otherwise it was no longer used.
On August 17, 1866, Heinrich Ritter von Thiereck was appointed supreme commandant. The regiment was stationed in Aschaffenburg and Germersheim at the time. On July 1, 1868, the regiment gave up the 6th Rifle Company to set up the 10th Jäger Battalion . On October 24, 1869, King Karl von Württemberg was appointed owner of the regiment, which was also known as the 4th Infantry Regiment "King Karl von Württemberg" .
Franco-German War 1870/71
The regiment was 68 officers, 2,736 men, 73 horses and 13 vehicles. Colonel in command had been Colonel Wilhelm Kohlermann since February 1, 1870. On November 12, 1870, an immobile regimental staff was set up in Munich , the Landwehr battalion 29 and a replacement battalion for the duration of the war. The regiment initially had the order from August 8, 1870 to take away the citadel of Bitsch. Attempts in the citadel on 22./23. To penetrate August 4 and September 4, 1870, failed. From October 21, 1870 to March 23, 1871 the II. And III. Battalion of the regiment left the fortress, which only surrendered on March 25, 1871. The total losses of the regiment in front of Bitsch were 3 killed and 17 wounded, of which 2 men died from their injuries. The 1st Battalion with 24 officers and 947 men moved off Paris , where it was used as a siege force off Paris from December 16, 1870 to March 13, 1871. From 1871 the regiment was stationed in the fortress of Metz and in the Germersheim depot.
Since 1881 Metz was the home base of the entire regiment. On April 1, 1881, the 10th Company was transferred to the 18th Infantry Regiment in Landau , where it was incorporated as the 2nd company. On November 4, 1891, General of the Cavalry King Wilhelm of Württemberg was appointed owner of the regiment, which was renamed the 4th Infantry Regiment "King Wilhelm of Württemberg" on the same day . The commanding officer at the time was Colonel Adolf von Lossow, who had taken command on February 15, 1889. On October 2, 1893, the IV. Half Battalion with the 13th and 14th Company was set up, which on April 1, 1897 with the IV. Half Battalion of the 8th Infantry Regimentwas returned to the establishment of the new 23rd Infantry Regiment in Sarreguemines . 3 officers, 4 NCOs and 27 men volunteered for the China expedition in 1900, 3 men did not return due to an accident or illness resulting in death. In 1892 Major General Adolf von Lossow was appointed regimental leader à la suite. In 1904 4 officers and 24 men volunteered for South West Africa . In 1908 the 1st machine gun company was set up. In the same year, the general of the cavalry Duke Albrecht von Württemberg was appointedto regimental commander à la suite. On March 20, 1914, Colonel Karl August Kleinhenz was appointed regimental commander.
First World War
The regiment entered with a combat strength of 80 officers, 3,165 men and 235 horses (as of August 2, 1914) under the command of the 8th Infantry Brigade (Major General Karl Riedl) south of Metz. It was assigned to the 33rd Reserve Division as the main reserve of the 6th Army . In August 1914, the 1st Replacement Battalion was set up in Metz. At the Battle of Lorraine from August 20-22, 1914, it was supposed to support the attack on Delme, but was moved to Nomeny an der Seilleswiveled in. With the 1st and 2nd battalion in front, the III. As a regimental reserve, the regiment took Nomeny and took position with all battalions to the west and south of it until evening. The 4th and 8th companies cleared out from Brionne Mühle in the direction of Manoncourt, the 6th and 11th companies to the south. however, the companies were recalled by Laborde because of the impending French attack. On August 21, the regiment lost 225 men while defending the position. On August 25, 1914, the regiment (now under the command of the 5th Army) in the course of the pursuit of fresh, superior French troops at Etain. There were 5 officers and 27 men killed in action, 9 officers and 209 men wounded and 134 missing. It remained steadfast, however, together with the 8th Infantry Regiment, forced the enemy to break off the attack and was able to clear up a dangerous situation on the army's left flank. In September 1914 the first replacement in strength met 3 officers, 6 Junkers and 430 men. From September 29, 1914, the regiment was deployed under the V Prussian Army Corps on the heights of Combres, which the French wanted to take back by all means (sapling, mine and open field attack).
On March 16, 1915, the II. Replacement Battalion was set up in Kaiserslautern. On March 19 and 27, 1915, the French tried again at Combres with great deployment of personnel and material, but the regiment held out. In those 10 days it lost 33 officers and 700 men. In May to June 1915 the regiment was exposed to severe attacks at Les Eparges and on the Meuse Heights and lost 37 officers and 1,103 men in the two months. In July and October 1915, there were 1,992 non-commissioned officers and men who were replaced. During the winter of 1915/1916 the regiment remained in this section of the front. At Vaux-lès-Palameix , the regiment erected a memorial for its fallen soldiers. This was restored in 2017. 
The commander, Colonel Kleinhenz, was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Military Max Joseph Order on May 5, 1916 for his steadfast behavior in 1915/16. In August 1916, the regiment was placed under the newly established 14th Infantry Division . On September 2, 1916, the regiment with a strength of 70 officers and 2,687 men began to attack the Souville nose (about 500 m deep French position system in the course of the Souville Gorge) on a broad front, which succeeded the following day. Until September 28, 1916, it held the won terrain (some 100 m to 700 m) against all enemy onslaught. By September 16, 1916, the regiment had 12 officersand accept 204 men as dead, 20 officers and 742 men as wounded, 124 missing as well as 5 officers and 113 men as sick. The failure of two battalion commanders and eleven company commanders was particularly serious . The 2nd MG Company was set up on September 25, 1916, and the 3rd MG Company in November 1916. On September 29, 1916, Major Anton Hoderlein was appointed commander of the regiment.
The regiment was placed under the 1st Reserve Corps on March 16, 1917 in the course of the withdrawal movement on the Siegfried Line and immediately positioned east of Roclincourt. After unimaginable artillery fire and deep bombing raids, the English attacked the thinly manned lines of the regiment on April 9, 1917 under the protection of gas fires, flamethrowers, smoke projectiles, tanks and mine explosions, rubbed the battalions deployed in front and was defeated Use of the III. Battalion (regimental reserve) stopped only before Fampoux (approx. 4 km). On April 9th alone, 21 officers and 944 men were out of action - the regiment and the 14th Infantry Division were almost wiped out. A short time later they were detached from the front, and at the end of April 1917 they received 9 officers and 1,213 NCOs as replacements. And was relocated to the Eastern Front. In addition, on April 23, 1917, Lieutenant Colonel Ludwig Lindner took command of the regiment. After building bridges over theDaugava by Bavarian pioneers the regiment came into force 62 officers and 2,969 men on September 1, 1917 attack toward Riga , reaching up to the evening the little Jägel. It complained of 45 dead, 190 wounded and 38 missing. The Russian positions, which were strongly fortified on the other bank of the Jägel, were stormed at noon the following day. During the pursuit through extensive forest and swamp areas, the regiment reached the Großer Jägel at Halbgut Eisenhammer. On September 3rd it reached the Tumschuppe near Balin. On September 4th she stood on the south bank of the Livonian Aa near Kashoz. On September 12, 1917, the regiment stood at Warenbrock and launched an attack on Jakobstadt on the few fortified sections of the terrainat. On September 21, it was involved in the conquest of the Malkaln farm and on September 22, it advanced to Gut Renneberg. There were 26 dead, 84 wounded and 6 missing. It captured 37 artillery pieces, 11 machine guns and 1 mortar. After fighting near Kreuzberg-Kokenhausen, the regiment was relocated to the western front east of Reims after the armistice on December 22, 1917 .
In January 1918 the regiment took on the last replacement of 200 NCOs and men. On February 14, 1918, Major Otto Killermann was appointed regimental commander. On May 29, 1918, the staff of III. Battalion spilled in his command post at Avre, where the battalion leader, two lieutenants and nine men were killed. On August 8, 1918, the regiment was decimated to about 350 men during the battle near Villers-Cotterêts and lost almost all machine guns. On August 10, 1918, it was replenished to 40 officers and 1,185 men and received 10 machine guns08. On August 29, 1918, the English got into the rear of the regiment which was in position in front of Biaches, which evaded Peronne and was able to hold the place until September 1. At that time it had a combat strength of 28 officers and 1214 men as well as 6 machine guns 08. The regiment now evaded to Bohain . From September 2, 1918, Lieutenant Colonel Hermann Ritter von Lenz led the regiment. On September 12, 1918, a mine throwing company was budgeted, but no longer physically set up. On October 12, 1918, Major Theodor Probstmayer was officially appointed last commander of the regiment. From November 5 to 25, 1918, it was used for border protection in Bavaria.
The regiment had lost to overall during World War I.
- Dead: 85 officers and 2,036 NCOs and men
- Missing persons (until the end of 1918): 37 officers and 1,489 NCOs and men
In 1926, one officer and 608 men were still missing. It was assumed at the time that these missing persons probably did not survive the war.
Knight of the Military Max-Joseph Order
- May 5, 1916: Colonel Karl Ritter von Kleinhenz
- September 1, 1917: Captain Wilhelm Ritter von Gademann (killed on May 29, 1918)
- September 10, 1917: First Lieutenant Ludwig Ritter von Finsterlin
- September 2, 1917: Lieutenant Wilhelm Ritter von Schramm (1898–1983, youngest knight of the Military Max Joseph Order)
- September 21, 1917: Lieutenant Hubertus-Maria Ritter von Heigl
- October 3, 1918: Lieutenant in the reserve Manfred Ritter von Ottnad
From 3 December 1918 took place in the room Mellrichstadt the demobilization . In March 1919 the regiment still numbered 400 men. After the demobilization via the Würzburg settlement center was completed, the regiment was disbanded on June 2, 1919.
From parts of the regiment, the formation of a volunteer battalion began on April 1, 1919, which transferred to the Probstmayr volunteer detachment on April 11 and formed the 2nd battalion of the Reichswehr Infantry Regiment 45 from June 15, 1919. 
- Konrad Krafft von Dellmensingen , Friedrichfranz Feeser: The Bavaria book of the world wars 1914-1918. Volume 1. Chr.Belser AG Verlagbuchhandlung, Stuttgart 1930.
- Günther Voigt: Germany's armies until 1918. Volume 10: Günter Wegner: Bavaria: Infantry Leib Regiment, Infantry Regiments 1–23, Jäger Battalions 1–2, 1st machine gun division. Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1984, ISBN 3-7648-1199-4 .
- www.morthomme.com: Vaux-les-Palameix - Denkmal des KB IR 4
- Jürgen Kraus: Handbook of the associations and troops of the German army 1914-1918. Part 6: Infantry. Volume 1: Infantry Regiments. Publishing house Militaria. Vienna 2007. ISBN 978-3-902526-14-4 . Pp. 436-437