|First edition||September 1978|
|Last edition||October 1990|
Eduardo Yentzen Peric |
Antonio de la Fuente
Any Rivera |
La Bicicleta was a cultural magazine Chilean emerged in September of 1978 , in the era of the dictatorship of the Military Junta headed by General Augusto Pinochet . This magazine - directed first by Eduardo Yentzen Peric (September 1978 to May 1984) and later by Antonio de la Fuente Hernández (May 1984 to May 1987) - was born "under the wing of the strong cultural movement that was trying to develop in the universities as an alternative of expression against the illegality of political militancy ». [ 1 ]
Edited under the control of Editorial Granizo Ltda. In Santiago , "it taught lovers of the New Song to sing, a musical movement heir to the New Chilean Song ." [ 2 ] La Bicicleta , who suffered censorship of the military regime of Pinochet, reached 75 numbers in its 9 years of life: the first appeared in September 1978 and the last in May 1987.
In September 1981, the short story "Jess Abraham Jones" was awarded in the contest organized by the magazine, [ 3 ] which provoked a negative reaction from both readers and a group of artists and intellectuals, who wrote a letter of protest, reproduced in No. 17 of November of that year. [ 4 ] The problem was that its author was Mariana Callejas , a former DINA agent , who participated with her then husband, Michael Townley in the terrorist attack that in 1974 ended the lives of General Carlos Prats and his wife Sofía Cuthbert in Buenos Aires. The magazine explained that the story was awarded and not the author, and that, otherwise, the contestants presented themselves with pseudonyms, so their identity was not known until after the ruling. The jury was made up of Jorge Edwards , Martín Cerda, Marco Antonio de la Parra and the magazine's editor-in-chief, Antonio de la Fuente.
- Opposition journalism (1976-1989) , Memoria Chilena , s / f; access 01.08.2012
- Periodical publications on music in Chile , Memoria Chilena , s / f; access 01.08.2012
- Presentation of Nº15 of the magazine La Bicicleta , with link to download the complete number in which the story Jess Abraham Jones is published ; 03.09.2007; access 17.09.2012
- Presentation of No. 17 of the magazine La Bicicleta , with a link to download the full number in which the protest letter is published; 09.10.2007; access 17.09.2012
- The Bicycle (1978-1990) in Chilean Memory
- Blog about the magazine , dedicated to "preserving the cultural heritage of those who" form "part of the so-called 'generation of the eighties', the materials have links to download the issues of La Bicicleta in which they were published.
- La Bicicleta , numbers 7 , July-August 1980; 8 , November-December 1980; and 20 , March 1982.