Leib Guards Hussars Regiment - Leib-Garde-Husaren-Regiment
The regiment was set up on February 21, 1815 (Foundation Day) as a Guard Hussar Regiment from the Guard Hussar Squadron of the Light Guard Cavalry Regiment and three squadrons of the East Prussian National Cavalry Regiment . The association was initially stationed in Berlin , from 1829 in Potsdam . With Kaiser Wilhelm II's accession to the throne , he was appointed head of the regiment on June 19, 1888 and renamed the association the Leib-Garde-Husaren-Regiment.
In the war against France in 1870/71, the association was used by the 1st Guard Division on August 18 at the Battle of Gravelotte and on September 1, 1870 at Sedan . After the 1st Squadron had worked on September 19 in the battles at Pierrefitte-sur-Seine and Stains , the regimental association then took part in the enclosure and siege of Paris until December 20, 1870 . This was followed by fighting at the Hallue and, from December 27 to January 10, 1871, the siege of Péronne . During this time the Hussars took part in the Battle of Bapaumepart. The last combat mission took place on January 19, 1871 in the battle of Saint-Quentin .
First World War
During World War I , the 1st Squadron was in the 2nd Guards Division , the 2nd Squadron in the 203rd Infantry Division , the 3rd Squadron in the 1st Guard Division , and the 4th Squadron in the 92nd Infantry -Division deployed.
After the Armistice of Compiègne , the regiment was demobilized until January 1919 and finally dissolved. The tradition took over in the Reichswehr by decree of the Chief of the Army Command General of the Infantry Hans von Seeckt from August 24, 1921, the 6th Squadron of the 4th (Prussian) Cavalry Regiment stationed in Potsdam . In the Wehrmacht , the anti-tank division 23 of the 23rd Infantry Division continued the tradition.
Already ordered by AKO on February 14, 1907 and gradually introduced from 1909/10, the colorful uniform was replaced for the first time by the field-gray field service uniform (M 1910) on the occasion of the imperial maneuver in 1913. The cut was completely similar to the peace uniform, but the lacing was gray. The leather gear and the boots were natural brown, the fur hat was covered by a fabric cover called reed-colored. The bandolier and the cartridge were no longer attached to this uniform.
Like all hussar regiments, they were equipped with the M89 cavalry sword with straight razor blade (introduced in 1890) and the 98a carbine .
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Karl von Knobloch||February 21, 1815 to October 5, 1819|
|Oberst||August Ludwig von Nostitz||October 6, 1819 to October 21, 1821|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Karl von Malachowski and Griffa||November 29, 1821 to May 31, 1832|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Friedrich von Pückler||June 1, 1832 to March 29, 1840|
|Oberst||Georg von Schoenermarck||March 30, 1840 to February 17, 1844|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Ferdinand von Kaphengst||March 30, 1844 to April 26, 1848|
|Major||Louis von Dönhoff||April 27 to May 6, 1848 (in charge of the tour)|
|Major||Louis von Dönhoff||May 7 to December 13, 1848|
|Major/Oberstleutnant/Oberst||Friedrich August von Elverfeld called von Beverförde-Werries||December 14, 1848 to May 10, 1854|
|Major/Oberstleutnant/Oberst||Karl Geyr von Schweppenburg||May 11, 1854 to June 7, 1858|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Friedrich Alexander von Bismarck-Bohlen||July 8, 1858 to July 23, 1861|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Hermann von Kerssenbroigk||July 24, 1861 to September 6, 1864|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Rudolf von Krosigk||September 28, 1864 to July 27, 1868|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Karl von Hymmen||July 28, 1868 to August 14, 1874|
|Lieutenant colonel||Wilhelm of Württemberg||August 15, 1874 to June 25, 1875|
|Major/Oberstleutnant||Gebhard von Krosigk||June 26 to August 18, 1875 (in charge of the tour)|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Gebhard von Krosigk||August 19, 1875 to August 20, 1883|
|Oberst||Wilhelm of Prussia||June 16, 1885 to January 26, 1888|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Hans von Gottberg||January 27, 1888 to August 21, 1891|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Walther von Moßner||August 22, 1891 to July 13, 1895|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Paul von Wallenberg||July 14, 1895 to March 10, 1900|
|Major/Oberstleutnant/Oberst||Alfred zu Dohna-Schlobitten||March 11, 1900 to April 23, 1904|
|Oberst||Wolf Rudolf Freiherr Marshal von Altengottern||April 24, 1904 to September 20, 1906|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Oskar von Chelius||September 21, 1906 to June 15, 1910|
|Oberst||Otto Schuler from Senden||June 16, 1910 to January 26, 1913|
|Lieutenant colonel||Wilhelm von Dommes||January 27, 1913 to August 1, 1914|
|Lieutenant colonel||Georg von Brandenstein||2. August 1914 bis 26. May 1916|
|Lieutenant colonel||Arthur von Bredow||27. May 1916 to 17. May 1918|
|Major||Joachim von Köckritz||May 18, 1918 to January 1919|
- Hubert von Meyerinck : The Royal Prussian Guard Hussar Regiment and its descent. 1811-1869. Eduard Döring, 1869 digitized
- Claus von Bredow : Historical ranking and master list of the German army. Verlag August Scherl, Berlin 1905, pp. 204–205.
- Oskar von Chelius: The Guard Hussar Regiment during the first seventy years of its existence. Haebringer, Berlin 1885.
- Günter Wegmann (ed.), Günter Wegner: Formation history and staffing of the German armed forces 1815-1990. Part 1: Occupation of the German armies 1815–1939. Volume 3: The staffing of active regiments, battalions and departments from the foundation or list up to August 26, 1939. Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1993, ISBN 3-7648-2413-1 , pp. 95-97.