List of architectural monuments in Kaarst - Liste der Baudenkmäler in Kaarst

Shield-shaped memorial plaque of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia with the coat of arms of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, above it in capital letters the word “Monument”, top left and right and bottom center a nail.

The list of architectural monuments in Kaarst contains the listed buildings in the area of ​​the city of Kaarst in the Rhine district of Neuss in North Rhine-Westphalia (status: October 2011). These architectural monuments are entered in the list of monuments of the city of Kaarst; The basis for the admission is the Monument Protection Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (DSchG NRW).

image designation location description construction time Registered
since
Monument
number
Husemeshof Husemeshof Kaarst
Friedensstr. 1
card
It is a former four-wing brick courtyard from the beginning of the 19th century with a residential building.

The complex is considered to be an important testimony to the history and structural development of the city of Kaarst and, in particular, the center of the "old village". In connection with the old “Romanesque Church”, the courtyard is characteristic of the settlement activity at the beginning of the 19th century.

Early 19th century 05.12.1983 1


Old parish church of St. Martinus
more pictures
Old parish church of St. Martinus Kaarst
Kirchstrasse
map
The former parish church of St. Martinus in Kaarst was first mentioned in 1274 with the church of Willich under a priest. Traditional building inscriptions contain the dates 1007 and 1146.

It is a Romanesque pillar basilica with a retracted square choir and circular apse and a western tower in front. Numerous changes have taken place over the centuries. The church was last reconstructed in the 1960s on the foundations that were preserved. The old church is the most important historical monument in Kaarst. It is a visible sign of the sacred architectural style over the centuries.

1274 06.01.1984 3


Residential buildings Residential buildings Kaarst
Mittelstr. 21
card
The house in Kaarst, Mittelstraße 21, is a building from the beginning of the 19th century, which is slurried in brick and was built on two floors in 5 axes with ashlar walls.

The property must be seen in connection with the old town center of Kaarst. The historical significance for the Kaarst district, for the citizens living here and for the settlement activities in this area is so outstanding that the state curator has established his behavior.

Early 19th century 04.07.1984 6


Old Mill
more pictures
Old Mill Kaarst
Büdericher Str. 19
map
It is a windmill from the 2nd half of the 19th century. The conical mill stump is made of bricks. At the moment the mill has no roof and no wings.

The monument protection relates specifically to the mill stump and the historic miller's house on Büdericher Strasse. This also includes the adjoining building on Büdericher Strasse and the Müllerhaus, which forms a unit with the Müllerhaus. The outbuildings between Mühlenstumpf and Müllerhaus and the residential building behind are not classified as a monument and are only protected from the environment. The mill is part of history and has a particular impact on the town of Kaarst. Their maintenance and protection is in the public interest. The conduct was established with the state curator.

13


Russian cross Russian cross Kaarst
An der Lauvenburg 4
map
The high or Russian cross is a cross from the 18th / 19th century. It consists of sandstone and is equipped with a shell niche, double cross arms and a metal body. 18./19. Century 09.07.1984 16


Lauvenburg Lauvenburg Kaarst
An der Lauvenburg 4
map
The medieval castle was replaced by a new building around 1600, which in turn had to give way to today's buildings around 1900. The Lauvenburg was first mentioned in a document around 1300.

Today's manor house consists of a 2-storey villa with a quarry stone base made of tuff. The open entrance hall with balcony is striking. Turrets and bay windows in historical decorative shapes decorate the main building. The memorial also includes the three-winged gatehouse with a raised central wing and a large gate entrance. It is built as a half-timbered building in neo-renaissance jewelry forms and serves as an apartment and farm building.

a 1900 09.07.1984 17


Wayside cross Wayside cross Kaarst
Büdericher Str. / Halestr.
map
It is a wayside cross from 1835, which, however, had a predecessor from 1445.

At that time this cross was supposed to protect the country and its people from the rigors of nature and at the same time served as a place of prayer for God's blessing for a good harvest. Today's wayside cross, made of sandstone, rests on a base with neo-Gothic shapes and bears an inscription. The arched niche is striking. The newer cross is made of metal. Because of the centuries-old tradition, this cross - also known as the hail cross - should be preserved and cared for.

20


Cleaning facade Maubishof Cleaning facade Maubishof Kaarst
Maubisstrasse 46
card
Former 4-wing brick courtyard, partly renewed and heavily changed in its original appearance.

Only the plaster facade from 1908 should be included in the list of monuments.

10.07.1984 1908 21


Maubishof Maubishof Kaarst
Maubisstrasse 48 / Long hedge
map
The Maubishof from 1780 consists of a former 4-wing brick courtyard. The plastered facade dates from 1908. The house consists of the former 2-storey building in 4: 2 axes with a 3-axis extension. Both tracts have been partially renewed and their original appearance has been severely impaired.

The Maubishof is an old inn on the Lange Hecke; later divided into Old Mobis, New Mobis and Small Mobis. It is considered an essential testimony to local history and should therefore be preserved and cared for in terms of monument protection.

1780 10.07.1984 22


Langenfels farm complex Langenfels farm complex Kaarst
Jungfernweg 5
map
The Neuhof is an agricultural courtyard from 1861.

The four-winged brick courtyard complex consists of a plastered house in five axes with sandstone door walls and brick barn tracts with the year in the gate wedge. The entire facility is to be seen as a sign of construction and settlement activity in the area of ​​agriculture in the Kaarst region.

1861 02.11.1984 27


Wayside cross Wayside cross Kaarst
Girmes-Kreuz-Str. / Rurstrasse
map
It is a stone road cross with a metal body from the 20th century.

This cross gives a living testimony to the deep faith of the people of that time and is therefore of public interest today.

20th century 02.11.1984 29


Residential building Residential building Kaarst
Kaiser-Karl-Str. 6
card
The building at Kaiser-Karl-Straße 6 in Kaarst dates from the middle of the 19th century. It is built on 2 floors in 4 axes. The property gets its importance for the citizen in terms of monument protection from its location in the old town center and from the time it was built in the history of the settlement. In connection with the old “Romanesque Church” and the rest of the buildings in the so-called “Old Village”, the house forms a unit, and there is a public interest in maintaining and maintaining it. The architecture of the building is characteristic of the construction activity of that time and is considered to be an important testimony to the history and development of the city of Kaarst. Mid 19th century 15.10.1985 32


Master builder Master builder Kaarst
Mittelstr. 26
card
The former four-wing brick courtyard complex dates from the middle of the 19th century. The 2-storey house with a hipped roof was built in 5 axes; the barn wings were added at the end of the 19th century. The complex gets its importance for the citizens of Kaarst from the close proximity to the old "Romanesque Church" and the old town center of Kaarst. The homestead is a testament to the history and construction activity and is characteristic of the 19th century settlements. Special attention must therefore be paid to its care and maintenance; there is a public interest. The entry in the list of monuments takes place in consultation with the state curator. The entire courtyard is surrounded by a wall on Mittel- and Büdericher Straße. Mid 19th century 16.12.1985 35


Residential and courtyard building Michels Residential and courtyard building Michels Kaarst
Kaiser-Karl-Str. 10
card
The building in Kaiser-Karl-Straße 10, Kaarst 1, dates from the middle of the 19th century. It was built on 2 floors in 3 axes with a raised left wing and a common transverse plaster facade. It is important for urban and settlement activities in connection with the old "Romanesque Church" and other buildings in the aforementioned "old village" of Kaarst. For the citizens of Kaarst, the architecture that was characteristic of that time is a sign of the building activity in the middle of the 19th century. For this reason there is a public interest in the preservation and care of the building, which justifies its entry in the list of monuments of the city of Kaarst. Mid 19th century 16.12.1985 36


German House restaurant German House restaurant Kaarst
Kaiser-Karl-Str. 3
card
The 2-storey brick courtyard, built in 5 axes, dates from the 19th century and serves as a residential building and restaurant with ancillary facilities. In connection with the old "Romanesque Church", the building is characteristic of 19th century settlement activity in the Kaarst area. The courtyard is important in terms of the development of the settlement and due to its urban location, so that there is a public interest in the maintenance and care of the property 19th century 16.12.1985 37


(Residential building Kirchstrasse 1) Kaarst
deleted 08/2000


House Meyer House Meyer Kaarst
Kirchstrasse 3
card
The former brick courtyard - today used as a residential building - was built around 1900. It was built on two floors with a mezzanine in 6 axes with a large entrance gate. While the right axis is widened and provided with battlements, the entrance axis is adorned with a gabled house. The building is decorated with new renaissance jewelry.

Its importance comes from its close proximity to the old "Romanesque Church". Together with other buildings from the 19th century, it forms the core of the "Old Village". The architecture of the house and settlement activities are so important for the historical development and local customs of the 19th century that there is a public interest in the maintenance and care of the building.

19.12.1985 a 1900 39


Turkish cross Turkish cross Kaarst
Alte Heerstr. / Eichendorffstr.
map
The Turkish cross is named after the Turkish family, who owned a small property in Broicherdorf and who looked after the cross. The current cross was erected in 1916 by Anton and Michael Küppers and is a successor to earlier religious memorials about which not much is known. The Turkish Holy House stood here around 1780. A document written by Pastor Wenkmann states that an unknown, newborn child of the female sex was found on Aug. 27, 1782 on the Turkish cross. There is a public interest in the preservation of the cross for ethnographic and historical reasons. 1916 23.05.1986 41


Kaarst memorial Kaarst memorial Kaarst
Friedensstr. / Maubisstrasse
map
The war memorial in Kaarst was created by the sculptor Oswald Causin and unveiled in 1926. It is a rectangular memorial stone placed on edge, on the front of which a soldier is depicted on a horse. As a memorial stone for the victims of the First and Second World War, the memorial has a special meaning for the history of the people in Kaarst. For reasons of folklore and local history, there is a public interest in the preservation of the war memorial in Kaarst. 1926 21.11.1986 42


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Kaarst
Fasanenweg / Alte Heerstr.
map
The walkway, which dates from 1811, was built from stone and bears an inscription on the lower base, which is no longer completely preserved. Special features are the cornice, gable and a small baroque cross on the roof of the walkway. It is one of the oldest poles in the city of Kaarst and is of a type that is widespread in this area. 1811 09.12.1986 43


Altes Pastorat Altes Pastorat Kaarst
Uhlandstr. 40
card
The old pastorate in Kaarst was rebuilt in 1791 instead of a half-timbered building from 1660 under the direction of Pastor Gymnich (1788–1807 pastor in Kaarst). The building is one of the few historical secular buildings that have been preserved in the area of ​​today's city of Kaarst. There is a public interest in the preservation of the “Old Pastorate”, as the building is important for the history of the city of Kaarst and there are ethnological and urban planning reasons for preservation and use.

The relationship with the state curator was established. The tree-lined avenue from Karlsforsterstrasse by the Old Pastorate is also entered in the list of monuments. The site plan is part of this notification.

1791 08.01.1987 46


Martinus School Martinus School Kaarst
Halestr. 7
card
The Martinus School was built on two floors in 1915. The school servant's apartment and a bathing establishment that were important for the time were housed in the basement. There was a large drawing room in the attic. The building had windows divided into 14 small panes, which are now replaced by single pane windows. A site plan and a record of the school's history are part of the entry. Owner: City of Kaarst. There is a public interest in maintaining the school, as there are urban planning reasons and the building is important for the history of the city of Kaarst. 1915 08.08.1988 48


Grave cross Sophia Schrenw. Grave cross Sophia Schrenw. Kaarst
Old Parish Church St. Martinus
Map
Grave cross: Sophia Schrenw. 1716 1716 52


Grabkreuz Albertus Lylax Grabkreuz Albertus Lylax Kaarst
Old Parish Church St. Martinus
Map
Grabkreuz: Albertus Lylax 20 July 1719 1719 50


Grabkreuz Henricus Heyers Grabkreuz Henricus Heyers Kaarst
Old Parish Church St. Martinus
Map
Grabkreuz: Henricus Heyers 20. April 1719 1719 51


Pristergrab: Thomas Peter Rolshoven Pristergrab: Thomas Peter Rolshoven Kaarst
Old Parish Church St. Martinus
Map
Priestergrab: Thomas Peter Rolshoven + 24. Januar 1828, Pfarrer an St. Martinus 1807–1828 1828 49


Warrior Memorial Warrior Memorial Büttgen
Luisenplatz
Karte
Cenotaph for the fallen of the First World War, erected between 1932–1934. The archit rises between 2 wrought iron torch holders. articulated wall from Lower Rhine. red bricks with the 14 m² mosaic picture. Image description: Soldier with outstretched arms and outstretched right leg, sword drawn in right hand, left hand clenched into a fist. 4 bayonets are aimed at the body. The background is the area around Büttgen with the river, church, mill, man in flight, house from the Lower Rhine, woman with child. To the right of the soldier behind the river an industrial landscape, in front of the river a sowing man, left tradition, right future. War memorial is unique in the whole area. There is a public interest because the object is artistically and historically significant. 1932–1934 11.01.1984 4


Park Park Büttgen
Luisenplatz
Karte
In addition to the protection status of the war memorial (list of monuments of the city of Kaarst, serial no. 4), the Luisenplatz park is under protection in accordance with Section 2, Paragraph II, Clause 2 in conjunction with Section 3, Paragraph. I DSchG entered in the list of monuments. The war memorial is located in a green area surrounded by about 30 45–55 year old chestnut trees. The lawn in front of the war memorial emphasizes its importance, so that there is a public interest in the maintenance and care of the park for urban and historical reasons. 18.03.1986 4a


Pfarrkirche St.  Aldegundis
more pictures
Pfarrkirche St. Aldegundis Büttgen
Rathausplatz 5
Karte
The old parish church of St. Aldegundis Büttgen dates from the 12th century with its oldest components. It was then changed and rebuilt several times. However, it always remained the ecclesiastical center of the place. The three-aisled Romanesque pillar basilica with a western tower and side aisles is a living testimony to medieval architecture. It is of elementary importance for the history and settlement of the Büttgen area and thus for the citizens of this district. 12th century 03.07.1984 5


Windmill Braun including farm buildings
more pictures
Windmill Braun including farm buildings Büttgen
An der Braunsmühle 2
card
The mill system from the 18th century is a 4-storey mill stump, brick plastered. The hood roof is provided with wings; There is a sandstone coat of arms above the door.

Even if the mill has not been used for its actual purpose for many years, there is still a public interest in its preservation, because for the district of Büttgen and for the citizens it is a visible sign of the working conditions and production facilities in rural areas.

18th century 04.07.1984 7


Wayside cross Wayside cross Büttgen
An der Braunsmühle 1
card
According to the state curator's findings, the crossroads on the property (L 381) dates from the 18th century. The 2-storey structure has a high cross. There is an inscription and a shell niche on the base.

Due to the history of its origins, the wayside cross can be seen as testimony to the deep religious faith of the local population at that time. Its care and maintenance are of the utmost importance to the population.

18th century 04.07.1984 8


Hannenhof Hannenhof Büttgen
Gladbacher Str. 17
Karte
The agricultural homestead you own - called Hannenhof - is a building complex that, at least in the case of the barn, dates from the 18th century, while other parts of the building date from the 2nd half of the 19th century. The former 4-wing brick courtyard complex - the residential building consists of 2 floors in 7 axes - has been changed significantly over the years.

In view of the fact that buildings of this age and in this state of preservation are very rare in the area of ​​the city of Kaarst, there is an urgent interest in the preservation of the entire complex.

18th century 05.07.1984 11


Breuer windmill
more pictures
Breuer windmill Büttgen
Römerstr. 1 a
Karte
The mill, which dates from the 19th century, is a brick-built structure. The mill was built on three floors with pointed arch windows. It has a tent roof.

Until the late 1950s, it was used for its intended purpose. For the district of Büttgen and for the citizens, it is a reminder of the development of working and production conditions in the countryside.

19th century 05.07.1984 12


Hausmannshof Hausmannshof Büttgen
Gladbacher Str. 19
Karte
It is a 4-wing brick courtyard from the 2nd half of the 19th century. The house consists of a 2-storey corner building in 6 axes. The barn doors have been partially changed in recent times.

In its entirety, the courtyard is an important sign of the building activity and architectural style for agricultural farms in the previous century for the citizens of the city, especially the Büttgen district.

2nd half of the 19th century 09.07.1984 15


Pampusschule Pampusschule Büttgen
Pampusstr. 1
Karte
The oldest part of the building was built around 1850. Later - until the 1930s - 2 more construction phases were added. The current building is a 2-storey angular structure in 7: 7 axes. On the one hand, the emphasis on the center with a flat roofed risalite is striking.

The building was used as a school until 1979. Then the interior was rebuilt and is now available to the adult education center, the Catholic parish library in Büttgen and other institutions. It is the oldest school building in Kaarst. There is a public interest in its preservation and monument maintenance.

an 1850 11.05.1984 23


Wayside cross Wayside cross Büttgen
Novesiastr. / Hein-Minkenberg-Str.
map
The wayside cross on Hein-Minkenberg-Straße / Novesiastraße in Büttgen dates from 1868.

It is made of sandstone and has extensive neo-Gothic jewelry forms. The base shows an inscription with the year. A metal body hangs from the towering cross of branches. The Cross of the Ways can be seen as a living testimony to the deep religious faith of that time. Its care and maintenance are in the public interest.

1868 31.10.1984 26


Friedhof Büttgen Friedhof Büttgen Büttgen
Driescher Str.
Map
The Büttgen cemetery was designed at the beginning of the 20th century and expanded to the north at the end of the 1950s. The older part of the cemetery is surrounded on the east and west by a wall, which is striking because of its peculiar masonry with stones pointing upwards in the upper layer. In the front area of ​​the cemetery there are still old sandstone tombstones from the 17th and 18th centuries, which come from the old cemetery at St. Aldegundis Church. The cemetery is aligned in a north-south axis, starting from the cemetery chapel over the high cross with a view of the parish church. The neo-Gothic high cross equipped with a pointed arch niche and a Madonna figure is made of sandstone. There is public interest in maintaining the cemetery complex. Early 20th century 10.12.1984 31


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Büttgen
L154
Karte
The walkway, which dates from the previous century, consists of a square base with a deep niche and an attached square roof. The entire footfall is made of sandstone and has an iron cross on top.

Since it is one of the oldest sticks and it is important for the image of faith in our homeland, there is a public interest in its preservation and care.

19th century 08.01.1987 45


Felshof Felshof Büttgen
Jan-von-Werth-Str. 88
card
The Felshof residential building is part of a former brick courtyard from 1748 and was built on two floors in 5 axes. The windows on the ground floor have later renewed stone walls, the door was built with sandstone walls, in which an inscription with the year 1748 was inscribed. The Felshof is already referred to as a Prussian fief in 1696.

The relationship with the state curator was established. There is a public interest in its preservation, as the courtyard complex is important for the Büttgen district and there are ethnological and urban planning reasons.

1748 (1696) 28.07.1988 47


Junkerhof Junkerhof Holzbüttgen
Hasselstr. 73
card
It is a four-winged half-timbered courtyard, partly from 1721, with additions and changes towards the end of the 19th century. The house has 2 floors. The gable side and external facades were clad with brick.

The courtyard is important because of its long-term use. It can be used as an example of the former rural development.

1721 05.07.1984 9


Pannenbeckerhof Pannenbeckerhof Holzbüttgen
Großer Mühlenweg 8
map
The main parts of the courtyard are from the 18th and 19th centuries. They are typical of the architectural style of the agricultural farms of that time and therefore an architectural and economic feature of the time for the district of Holzbüttgen and for the citizens who lived there. The 4-wing courtyard includes a 2-storey, gable-independent residential building, which was built in 3: 4 axes with a central entrance. The barns are partly made of half-timbered houses. 18th and 19th centuries 05.07.1984 10


Möllemann farm complex Möllemann farm complex Driesch
Höhenweg 2
Karte
The Möllemann farmstead dates back to the second half of the 18th century for the most part.

The house and farm building form a rectangular complex, the interior of which is paved with field fire bricks. In terms of local history and settlement history, the entire courtyard is characteristic and important for the Lower Rhine area. Their preservation and monument restoration are in the public interest.

2nd half of the 18th century : 06.07.1984 14


Alte Kapelle St.  Antonius Alte Kapelle St. Antonius Vorst
at the chapel
card
The Antonius Chapel is a single-storey hall building with pointed arched windows. The building consists of bricks with a roof turret. On the south side there is a high wooden cross with writing on the transom. A small single-storey brick building with a hipped roof was built on the south side.

The chapel goes back to a hermitage in Büttgen-Vorst. It served as a place of worship until the new parish church was completed. The Antonius Chapel is an important testimony to history for the city of Kaarst and especially for the Büttgen-Vorst district.

unknown 29.12.1983 2


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Vorst
Antoniusstr. / Waldstrasse
map
The wayside stick dates from the 19th century. It is made of bricks and stands on a plastered base. The arched niche shows a fresco with the Descent from the Cross.

The wayside stick is a testimony to the local belief and tradition from the 19th century and should therefore be protected and preserved.

19th century 10.07.1984 18


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Vorst
Höhe Antoniusstr. 90
Karte
The walking stick from 1744 rests on a square base. Extensive cornice and gable are special features. It is made of sandstone. The deep square niche with modern relief and the base with inscription and date are further characteristics.

Since it is probably the oldest path in the city of Kaarst and it is important for the religious image in our homeland, there is a public interest in its preservation and care.

1744 10.07.1984 19


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Vorst
Waldstr. 22
card
Path stick from the 19th century, consisting of brick with a grouted front and arched niche. Inside there is a fresco with the Lamentation of Christ. 19th century 24.10.1984 24


Tuppenhof including outdoor shed Tuppenhof including outdoor shed Vorst
Rotes 27
card
The Tuppenhof is one of the few remaining four-wing courtyards in this room. An extensive collection of historical sources documents the eventful history of the court and its residents from the late 17th century to the 20th century.

The courtyard plays a special role in the settlement history research of the courtyard and the entire area, as remains of the old predecessor buildings (remains of the foundations and post holes) as well as a large number of finds (e.g. ceramic shards from the 13th century) have been found. With these utensils it is also possible to reconstruct the way of life at that time, especially everyday domestic life and the agricultural economy. There is a public interest in the preservation and use of the Tuppenhof, as it is important for the history of mankind, for the history of the settlement and for the development of working and production conditions with its found settlement structures and soil finds. There is also a public interest

late 17th century 02.02.1998 25 a


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Vorst
Im Kamp
Karte
The wayside stick dates from the 19th century.

It is made of bricks. Its front is plastered. The inside of the arched niche shows a fresco depicting a passion scene. Together with other paths, this path also served the Vorster population as a station of the cross.

02.11.1984 19th century 28


Wayside cross Wayside cross Vorst
Antoniusstr. / Wattmannstrasse
map
It is a tall wooden cross with a wooden crucifix from the 18th century.

This cross gives a lasting testimony to the living faith of that time and is still of public interest today.

18th century 02.11.1984 30


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Vorst
Antoniusstr. / In the camp
map
The wayside stick dates from the 19th century. It is made of bricks. Inside the arched niche shows a fresco depicting a passion scene. Together with other paths, this path also served the Vorster population as a station of the cross. He is a living testimony to that time. 19th century 07.01.1987 44


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Vorst
Waldstr. / Im Kamp / Linning
Map
Unavailable 53

Note: The numbering of the list follows the updated monument list number in the official monument list of the city of Kaarst.

Weblinks