List of architectural monuments in Rommerskirchen - Liste der Baudenkmäler in Rommerskirchen

Shield-shaped memorial plaque of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia with the coat of arms of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, above it in capital letters the word “Monument”, top left and right and bottom center a nail.

The list of architectural monuments in Rommerskirchen contains the listed buildings in the area of ​​the municipality of Rommerskirchen in the Rhine district of Neuss in North Rhine-Westphalia (status: November 2009). These monuments are entered in the list of monuments of the municipality of Rommerskirchen; The basis for the admission is the Monument Protection Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (DSchG NRW).

picture designation location description construction time Registered
since
Monument
number
7 histor.  Grabkreuze 7 histor. Grabkreuze Rommerskirchen
Kirchstrasse (Alter Friedhof)
map
Seven historical crosses Rommerskirchen cemetery

From the cemetery from the 2nd half of the 19th century

  1. the crucifixion group at the end of the aisle,
  2. neugotisches Baldachinkreuz Sauerland / Weigold,
  3. Center aisle on the left side of the 1st grave site after the 1st crossing; Weidenfeld grave cross,
  4. 8. Grave site in the middle aisle on the left; the three grave crosses on the left at the main entrance (Huppertz - Koch - Ferken)
  5. as well as the 2nd grave cross on the right of the central aisle / main entrance (Velder), mostly made of sandstone in neo-Gothic decorative forms.
2nd half of the 19th century 26.06.1986 A 21


Wayside cross Wayside cross Rommerskirchen
Nettesheimer Weg
Karte
Lime sandstone, base with shell niche, cross with relief body. There is a public interest in the preservation of the wayside cross because the cross is important for the district of Rommerskirchen and the local history, and there are also ethnological reasons. 18th century 18.11.1986 A 24


Wayside cross Wayside cross Rommerskirchen
Grevenbroicher Strasse
map
Way cross (Kesselkreuz), built up on a square base with dating and inscription, stone cross with stone body, sandstone paved. 1887 05.02.1987 A 32


Residential house of the brick courtyard Residential house of the brick courtyard Rommerskirchen
Kirchstraße 28
Map
Former brick courtyard from 1837; the two-storey residential building in 6 axes each with a gate passage, dating in the gate wedge; Crooked hip roof. There is a public interest in its preservation and use, as the building is a brick courtyard typical of the time it was built (1st half of the 19th century), of which only very few comparable buildings still exist in Rommerskirchen. Quite a few of these brick courtyards, which were typical at the time, have been lost to posterity in the immediate vicinity due to the effects of war. In its capacity as a long-standing mayor in the first half of this century, the property enjoys a special local historical significance.

In addition, the property with its location on the historic street (old connection between Cologne and Venlo) already shown on the Tranchot map documents part of the development of the settlement history of Rommerskirchen in the first half of the last century. Extension of the monument protection from March 26, 1999 based on the opinion of the Rhenish Office for the Preservation of Monuments of January 22, 1999: In addition to the residential building built in 1837 directly on the main road from Cologne to Venlo, there are also farm buildings at the rear of the courtyard, which once served the agricultural function of the First make the property clear. The previous limitation of the monument value to the residential building makes no sense for this reason. Only the connection between the residential building and the farm building makes the formerly rural structure appear legible not only in the complex itself, but also in the historic center of Rommerskirchen. The farm buildings are all the more part of the monument as they have largely been preserved unchanged. The small brick barn built parallel to the house still preserves the original wooden construction. The transverse antenna is clearly visible. The remaining farm buildings (former stable and coach house) complete the courtyard and connect the barn and the residential building. All the buildings in the Hofanlage Kirchstrasse 28 that have been preserved meet the criteria according to § 2 DSchG NRW. They are important for human history and the development of working and production conditions in rural areas as well as for the history of cities and settlements. The courtyard complex is worth preserving as a whole for scientific, in particular settlement and local history, agricultural and domestic reasons.

1837 15.09.1989 A 35


Backsteinhaus Backsteinhaus Rommerskirchen
Gillerstraße 4
Map
Brick house from 1815,

dated by anchor pins on the facade; 2-storey brick building in 5 axes with a central door, brick with sandstone walls of the doors and windows. There is a public interest in its preservation and use, as the building is a brick building typical of the time it was built (1st half of the 19th century), of which only very few comparable buildings still exist in Rommerskirchen. Quite a few of these brick buildings, typical of the time, have been lost to posterity in the immediate vicinity due to the effects of war. In addition, the architectural, design and constructional features (typical brick building with 2 vaulted cellars) as well as the urban integration in the townscape with the determining location in the town plan on the old road connection to Cologne are important.

1815 22.12.1989 A 36


4-wing brick courtyard 4-wing brick courtyard Rommerskirchen
Am Blöcherhof
Map
4-wing brick courtyard, the house is from the 18th century; 2-storey in 4 axes and accessible from the eaves. Facades formerly plastered with anchor pins, exposed again through restoration in 1988/89 brick facade. Segmented arched windows, door frames made of trachyte, saddle roof with volute gables; Barn wings from 1813 only partially preserved, later changed and added.

The Blöcherhof is important for the development of the settlement history of Rommerskirchen and documents the Eggershoven district on the historical route connection Cologne-Venlo. Local and settlement history as well as urban planning reasons speak in favor of the protection.

18th century 25.09.1990 A 37


Kesselhof Kesselhof Rommerskirchen
Grevenbroicher Strasse 29
map
Three-wing brick courtyard from approx. 1862, the two-storey house in 5 axes with vaulted cellar, archway, the farm building and the rear barn later changed, all parts in brick unplastered. It is a well-preserved typical example of medium-sized brick courtyards from this time in the middle of the Rommerskirchen loess plate, which was shaped by agriculture. The Kesselhof is important for the history of Sinsteden, especially for the development and creation of the district on the former Provinzialstraße, today B 59. The property is also important for the development of working and production conditions in agriculture since the mid-19th century. Century. There are urban planning and ethnographic reasons for preservation and use.

The Kesselhof is related to the Kesselkreuz, monument A 32 on the B 59.

1862 24.05.1991 A 40


Catholic parish church of St. Peter
more pictures
Catholic parish church of St. Peter Rommerskirchen
Kirchstraße 3
Map
The nave was built in 1952 in place of the neo-Gothic nave; the square west tower in front of it is on the two lower floors of the 12th century, the upper floors and the helmet in 1865. Excavations from 1950 show a wooden predecessor building from the 7th century and a stone building from the 9th century; inside the vestibule of the Lower Rhine crucifixion group (moved to the choir room in 1993) from the beginning of the 16th century with remains of colored paint.

The cath. Parish church of St. Peter is important for human history and for the settlement of the landscape on the Gillbach, especially for the village and community of Rommerskirchen. There are primarily scientific, artistic, ethnological and urban planning reasons for preservation.

1865 28.10.1991 A 42


Steinbrückerhof Steinbrückerhof Rommerskirchen
Steinbrink 32
Map
4-wing, closed brick courtyard complex (18th century), 2-storey residential building in non-continuous axes with raised plinth and stone walls; Anchor pins with the year 1742 on the facade and the year 1750 in the door wedge; Hipped roof; Barn wing, 2nd half of the 19th century; House partly renewed and changed; Windows with all-glass panes; a half-timbered barn from the 18th century later lined with brick. Local and settlement history reasons speak in favor of the protection. 18th century 13.04.1993 A 47


Court and wayside cross Court and wayside cross Rommerskirchen
Bergerhof
Map
18th century approx. 3 m high, material bluestone or Belgian granite; Rectangular shaft with a final cross stone and sacrament console, on top with a shell niche, above a crucifix with curved bar ends and a body in relief; The cross is flanked by 2 protective trees.

The lettering is on the back of the crucifix. This courtyard cross is very similar to the wayside cross in Ueckinghoven (monument A 12).

18th century 12.07.1993 A 48


Schwetzerhof (Gillerhof) Schwetzerhof (Gillerhof) Rommerskirchen
Bergheimer Strasse 2
map
The Gillerhof is located east of the Gillbach, directly on the B 477. A little further north is a farm of the same name, which goes back to an estate of the St. Andreas Monastery in Cologne. The younger Gillerhof is a closed four-winged complex made of brick from the 2nd half of the 19th century with a residential building dating from 1876. Opposite this is the barn, stables close to the left and right of the square. The two-storey residential building with a basement has five axes with a central entrance on each eaves side. On the courtyard side, a two-flight staircase in lava basalt with a brick parapet leads to the entrance. The front sides of the house, ie the eaves and the gable sides, which face the road from Bergheim to Neuss, are strikingly richly decorated. The gable side with pilaster strips and stepped gable, the eaves side with decorative brick friezes. Terracotta panels in the parapet fields of the windows, decorative plaster framing of the door and the windows, door lintel with inscription and chronogram, gable over the central axis. The building is accessed with a corridor, from which a corridor leads at right angles to the supplementary building with the kitchen. The floor of the hallway is made of Mettlach tiles, that of the kitchen with bluestone, the walls of the kitchen with white and blue tiles. The layout of the house and the stairs are original. The extension to the kitchen wing was added at the turn of the century. From which a hallway leads at right angles to the extension building with the kitchen. The floor of the hallway is made of Mettlach tiles, that of the kitchen with bluestone, the walls of the kitchen with white and blue tiles. The layout of the house and the stairs are original. The extension to the kitchen wing was added at the turn of the century. From which a hallway leads at right angles to the extension building with the kitchen. The floor of the hallway is made of Mettlach tiles, that of the kitchen with bluestone, the walls of the kitchen with white and blue tiles. The layout of the house and the stairs are original. The extension to the kitchen wing was added at the turn of the century.

The Gillerhof is important for the history of the people and the working and production conditions, especially in the second half of the 19th century, because it clearly shows the way of life and work of the rural population in this region. It is important for the community of Rommerskirchen, especially for the documentation of the rural settlement method of a single farm on the Gillbach. The courtyard is worth preserving for scientific and architectural-historical reasons, as a type of largely undisturbed, closed four-wing brick complex, the residential building of which differs significantly from the standard in terms of location and decor. The decorative dress of the house, which gives the impression of the urban, testifies to the demands and the importance of its residents in the community.

1876 08.03.1996 A 64


Jewish Cemetery
more pictures
Jewish Cemetery Rommerskirchen
Nettesheimer Weg
Karte
The Jewish cemetery is on Nettesheimer Weg. The street-side entrance was blocked by a garage extension. Only a plaque on the brick wall refers to the cemetery.

The second entrance has been preserved and can be reached through the garden of the corner building on Venloer Straße. Two brick pillars frame a double-wing bar lattice gate. The cemetery was laid out around 1900. Today, house gardens border its walls. It is surrounded by a six-foot-high brick wall. There are no paths through the property, the eight gravestones are scattered across the meadow, some of the inscriptions have been removed and the stone destroyed. In front of the wall on Nettesheimer Weg there is a later memorial stone with the inscription: “In honor of the Jewish citizens of our community who lost their lives in the years of National Socialist terror 1933–45”. The cemetery grounds serve as a garden.

The Jewish cemetery is important for local and cultural-historical reasons and is worth preserving as the remainder of the cultural Jewish heritage that was lost due to the Nazi tyranny, as a place of remembrance and reminder of the life of the Jewish citizens, whose existence has almost been wiped out.

1900 26.02.1996 A 67


Old graveyard Old graveyard Rommerskirchen
Kirchstraße
Map
The cemetery is located in the west just outside the center of Rommerskirchen, on the north side of Kirchstrasse. The system essentially forms a rectangle. In the east, north and partly in the west it is surrounded by a hedge. The demarcation to the street is a brick wall with brick pillars and wrought iron grating with a little floral decoration.

The main entrance is on the south. It is emphasized by two brick pillars with lava basalt gables. The path network of the facility forms a grid floor plan. The individual rectangular fields are labeled consecutively from A to O. Quarters A, B, C, D, E and F belong to the original stock, ie to the core of the cemetery, which must have been laid out around 1850. This complex is divided into a double cross, ie the main axis from south to north runs from the entrance to the high cross erected in 1855 (chronogram) by the artist Peter Josef Imhof from Cologne. Two cross arms leading from west to east divide the “old area” into six fields. At the beginning of the 20th century, the cemetery was expanded to the west and the area almost doubled. The core facility with fields A-F was used as a Catholic cemetery in the mid-19th It was laid out in the 19th century, at a time when the churchyard was no longer re-occupied. Most of the historical grave sites can be found on the south-north axis to the end point of fields B and E and on the east-west axis between fields CD and BE. This condensation gives an overview of the burial system from the middle of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century, the time when the cemetery was expanded, and clearly shows the various possibilities. Only the core complex, in which the historical grave substance is meaningfully condensed in the course of a T-shaped path, is considered a monument. On the cemetery extension with the fields G – O there are almost exclusively newer tombs; since the beginning of the 20th Manufactured in the mid-20th century, monuments are mostly industrially manufactured without any recognizable craftsmanship or artistic quality. No listed properties could be determined for the cemetery expansion. The old complex is characterized by the higher quality artistic design of the tombs and, above all, the consolidation of historical substance. It becomes a living chronicle of the place and documents the local history in a convincing way. The cemetery is therefore important for human history and the history of the Sepulcral culture. It is important for the town of Rommerskirchen and its Catholic community, which laid out their first cemetery here, away from the church, outside the town, as was common practice in the 19th century. The cemetery is worth preserving from local history,

The monument protection extends to the main axis from the main entrance up to and including the crucifixion group.

Designation of the grave sites

  • Grabfeld A: Grab Nr. 1–7
  • Grabfeld B: Grab Nr. 14–22
  • Grabfeld C: Grab Nr. 21–29
  • Grabfeld D: Grab Nr. 1–9
  • Grabfeld E: Grab No. 1–9
  • Grabfeld F: Grab Nr. 1–11
1850 24.06.1996 A 68


Wasserburg (House Anstel) Wasserburg (House Anstel) Anstel
Wasserburgstrasse 30
map
Former moated castle complex with moat, most of which dates from 1722; baroque mansion, paved brick, 2-storey with high plinth, sandstone walls, mansard hipped roof; brick bridge over the moat towards the entrance; Courtyard building - 20th century; in the bridge wall coat of arms with the year "1722"; medieval residential tower included in the manor house;

today used as an agricultural property. House Anstel is the oldest and most important secular architectural monument in the community. first known documentary mention 1151; multiple historical information about the knights and squires of Anstel. It is the urban dominant feature of the place. The complex is therefore important for the not only local history of the people and settlements on the Gillbach. Folklore, urban development and artistic reasons as well as scientific reasons for further research into the community's history exist for the preservation and use.

1722 12.12.1984 A 02


Wayside cross Wayside cross Anstel
Gohrer Strasse
map
Painted sandstone, base with inscription, niche top with gable cross, cross with stone gable, neo-Gothic decorative shapes. There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads because the cross is important for the Anstel district and the local history and there are reasons for folklore, among other things. Late 19th century 12.06.1986 A 20


Wayside cross Wayside cross Anstel
Widdeshovener Strasse
map
Sandstone, stepped base with inscription and year, small marble cross; restored 1982/83.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads because the cross is important for the Anstel district and the local history and there are reasons for folklore, among other things.

1816 24.11.1986 A 28


Kraemerhof Kraemerhof Anstel
Wasserburgstrasse 23
map
3-wing, closed brick courtyard, the two-storey house in 5 axes with central gable, sandstone door walls, year in gate wedge. The Kraemerhof is a defining feature of the Anstel district.

Local historical and urban planning reasons speak in favor of the protection.

A 46


Alshof Alshof Anstel
Widdeshovenerstraße
map
The old Alshof was a single farm (between Anstel and Evinghoven) on the Gillbach and was surrounded by moats. The courtyard was torn down in the middle of the 19th century and today's courtyard was built a little further away from the brook.

It is a closed four-wing brick courtyard from 1868. The two-story house stands on one narrow side, flanked by lower side wings. Opposite the house is the double barn. Stables with storage rooms on the upper floor and sheds close the system to the square. The inner courtyard has partly old paving. On the garden side, the house has five axes with a central door. The door frame and window sills are made of lava basalt, the ground floor openings are covered with U-shaped, flat brick cornices. The access to the courtyard is from one long side of the square.

The whole complex is worth a monument except for the rear roof extension to the barn and the later external extension to the stables. The courtyard is important for human history, especially for the way of life in the second half of the 19th century in rural areas. It is important for the working and production conditions, which have changed significantly since the middle of the 19th century due to the influence of artificial fertilizers. The farm is important for the community of Rommerskirchen and the way of settlement on the Gillbach, the right tributary of the Erft, which flows through large parts of the community. The Alshof is worth preserving for scientific, in particular architectural-historical reasons, as a single farm type with a closed four-wing courtyard shape, which documents rural construction in the 2nd half of the 19th century.

1868 29.05.1995 A 59


Old school Old school Butzheim
Sebastianusstraße 40/42
map
Brick, 2-storey; the old wing in 7 axes with brick decorations, the newer part 2-storey in 3 axes with hipped roof and original lattice windows; the central entrance with stepped porch and slated roof, formerly Catholic. Elementary school.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the old school because it is important for the history of the town of Nettesheim-Butzheim and there are, among other things, ethnological, artistic, historical and urban planning reasons.

M. 19. Jh. 09.04.1987 A 30


Velderhof Velderhof Butzheim
Velderhof
map
The Velderhof is located in the so-called "Norf-Stommeler Bruch", an area of ​​the Niederterrasse, which was previously flooded by arms of the Rhine and was accordingly muddy. On the Tranchot map from 1807/08, this wet lowland of the Stommeler Busch is clearly visible. In order to get usable arable land, drainage, amelioration, and land began in the middle of the last century. After 1858, four farms, including the Velderhof, were built in this area.

In the topographical map from 1841-1858, the dry trenches for amelioration of the bush are laid out, buildings are not entered. Only on the topographical map from 1866, corridor L, sheet 2, scale 1: 2500, is the Velderhof with its detached house and U-shaped service areas listed. Its construction time must therefore be between 1858 and 1866, i.e. around 1860. The house is in the west of the complex. It is a two-storey, five-axis brick building with a central door with lava basalt walls, windows with sills in lava basalt, and a half-hip roof (roofing from the 1980s). The garden side with the driveway was designed in a representative manner with corner pilasters, arched niches that cover arched windows, a central door with a skylight and a multi-step staircase. Low plastered wall with regularly applied plaster stone balls as a generously curved front garden enclosure. The through corridor of the house expands on the courtyard side to form a large hallway from which various doors lead to the adjoining living rooms. Essentially, the original inventory includes the room layout, almost all door leaves and frames, beamed ceilings parallel to the gable, stairs, horizontal roof structure. The kitchen has direct access to the servants' house, which was built at the turn of the century on the south gable of the house. The farm buildings describe the original floor plan, but some of them have been changed over time according to needs. The southern stable building was extended around 1900 and the barn was renewed around the same time. In the middle of the courtyard is the walled manure place, today an island with green plants, surrounded by remains of old courtyard paving. Evaluation The Velderhof is important for the history of man and the working and production conditions, especially in the second half of the 19th century, because it clearly shows the way of life and work of the rural population in this region. It is important for the municipality of Rommerskirchen, especially for the documentation of rural settlement methods in the so-called Stommeler Busch, which was a wetland up to the middle of the last century that was drained with the help of drainage ditches, converted into usable arable land and thus the possibility of Settlement of four farms offered. Evaluation The Velderhof is important for the history of man and the working and production conditions, especially in the second half of the 19th century, because it clearly shows the way of life and work of the rural population in this region. It is important for the municipality of Rommerskirchen, in particular for the documentation of rural settlement methods in the so-called Stommeler Busch, which until the middle of the last century was a wet lowland that was drained with the help of drainage ditches, converted into usable arable land and thus the possibility of Settlement of four farms offered. Evaluation The Velderhof is important for the history of man and the working and production conditions, especially in the second half of the 19th century, because it clearly shows the way of life and work of the rural population in this region. It is important for the municipality of Rommerskirchen, especially for the documentation of rural settlement methods in the so-called Stommeler Busch, which was a wetland up to the middle of the last century that was drained with the help of drainage ditches, converted into usable arable land and thus the possibility of Settlement of four farms offered. because it shows the way of life and work of the rural population of this region in a vividly good way. It is important for the municipality of Rommerskirchen, especially for the documentation of rural settlement methods in the so-called Stommeler Busch, which was a wetland up to the middle of the last century that was drained with the help of drainage ditches, converted into usable arable land and thus the possibility of Settlement of four farms offered. because it shows the way of life and work of the rural population of this region in a vividly good way. It is important for the municipality of Rommerskirchen, especially for the documentation of rural settlement methods in the so-called Stommeler Busch, which was a wetland up to the middle of the last century that was drained with the help of drainage ditches, converted into usable arable land and thus the possibility of Settlement of four farms offered.

The Velderhof is worth preserving for scientific and architectural-historical reasons, as a well-preserved type of a four-wing brick courtyard from the 2nd half of the 19th century, whose residential house is clearly differentiated from the usual rural mediocrity through its representative design. The Velderhof is worth preserving for reasons of settlement and local history, as a single farm in the newly reclaimed, agriculturally usable area created by amelioration of a wetland. Of the four courtyards created in this area, it is the most vividly preserved and thus the best representative for illustrating local history.

1858 29.05.1995 A 54


Jewish Cemetery
more pictures
Jewish Cemetery Butzheim
Stommeler Weg
map
The Jewish cemetery in Butzheim is located on Stommeler Weg, to the left of house number 11, about 10 m from the street.

The facility was set up in 1901 after the old cemetery in Butzheimer Bruchland was closed in the same year. The rectangular system is surrounded by a brick wall approximately 1.80 m high. The wall is reinforced with brick templates at regular intervals. The entrance is in the direction of Stommeler Weg. A double-leaf lattice gate is flanked by two plastered wall pillars. A middle path with a low stone border leads from the gate through the grassy rectangular field. In the left part there are two tombstones, on the right there are three grave places with stone surrounds. (The area behind the conifer cannot be seen.) In 1685 the first Jewish family in Nettesheim can be traced. In the 18th century there were several families in Nettesheim and Butzheim, which is why the construction of a synagogue and a cemetery became necessary. This older cemetery was in Butzheimer Bruch. Its location can no longer be precisely determined. It was closed in 1901 and in the same year the Butzheimer, probably also the Rommerskirchener, was re-established. The Jewish cemetery is important for local and cultural-historical reasons and is worth preserving as the remainder of the cultural Jewish heritage that was lost due to the Nazi tyranny, as a place of remembrance and reminder of the life of Jewish citizens in Nettesheim-Butzheim, whose existence was almost extinguished.

A 66


Wayside cross Wayside cross Eckum
Steinbrückerhof
map
Neo-Gothic stone cross from 1865; 4 base parts, stone cross with corpus, memorial plaques on both sides with names of dead from both world wars, painted white with inscription.

The cross used to be at the corner of Mittelstr./Kastanienallee and in front of it on Bahnstr. opposite the confluence with Mittelstr. confessed.

1865 09.04.1987 A 31


Rommerskirchen station
more pictures
Rommerskirchen station Eckum
Bahnstrasse
map
In the 1980s, when the private railways were taken over by the state railways, the more direct connection between Cologne and Mönchengladbach and the Netherlands via Kaldenkirchen was deemed necessary. On April 29, 1884, the Prussian state approved the construction of the connecting line from Cologne-Ehrenfeld on the line from Aachen to Grevenbroich. Here the new line was connected to the existing lines to Düren and Neuss and Mönchengladbach. With the opening of the Pulheim-Grevenbroich section on October 1, 1898, the station building was also built. The entire connection was closed on April 1, 1899 with the opening of the remaining part of Pulheim-Cologne-Ehrenfeld. On December 19, 1904, Rommerskirchen became the terminus of the Elsdorf (Rheinl.) Ost route via Zieverich and Bergheim (Erft). This connection had already been applied for by the Bergheim district at the time the Cologne-Grevenbroich line was being built. On January 1, 1913, the Royal Prussian State Railroad took over the Bergheimer Railway system. The Bergheim-Rommerskirchen route came to a standstill with the lignite opencast mining. The embankment at the level of the Rof signal box with the bridge supports is still a reminder of this time and the planned extension towards Düsseldorf to Holzheim. The two-storey, four-axle station building was built according to the Prussian standard type, as it was also used in the Vennbahn in 1885. A single-storey, two-axis waiting room wing and a brick goods shed were added to the main building. On January 1, 1913, the Royal Prussian State Railroad took over the Bergheimer Railway system. The Bergheim-Rommerskirchen route came to a standstill with the lignite opencast mining. The embankment at the level of the Rof signal box with the bridge supports is still a reminder of this time and the planned extension towards Düsseldorf to Holzheim. The two-storey, four-axle station building was built according to the Prussian standard type, as it was also used in the Vennbahn in 1885. A single-storey, two-axis waiting room wing and a brick goods shed were added to the main building. On January 1, 1913, the Royal Prussian State Railroad took over the Bergheimer Railway system. The Bergheim-Rommerskirchen route came to a standstill with the lignite opencast mining. The embankment at the level of the Rof signal box with the bridge supports is still a reminder of this time and the planned extension towards Düsseldorf to Holzheim. The two-storey, four-axle station building was built according to the Prussian standard type, as it was also used in the Vennbahn in 1885. A single-storey, two-axis waiting room wing and a brick goods shed were added to the main building. The embankment at the level of the Rof signal box with the bridge supports is still a reminder of this time and the planned extension towards Düsseldorf to Holzheim. The two-storey, four-axle station building was built according to the Prussian standard type, as it was also used in the Vennbahn in 1885. A single-storey, two-axis waiting room wing and a brick goods shed were added to the main building. The embankment at the level of the Rof signal box with the bridge supports is still a reminder of this time and of the planned extension in the direction of Düsseldorf to Holzheim. The two-storey, four-axle station building was built according to the Prussian standard type, which was also used in 1885 on the Vennbahn. A single-storey, two-axis waiting room wing and a brick goods shed were added to the main building.

The goods shed is connected via an intermediate link with a steep roof slope, in which the dispatch area is located. The hall itself consists of two truss axes with a central sliding gate and a raised arched window. A ramp and the symmetrically protruding roof facilitate freight traffic. In contrast to the Vennbahn type stations that still exist in a number of examples, Rommerskirchen received a clear horizontal structure of the building through a circumferential cornice band in the parapet level of the first floor and the unusual wall template in the gable triangles. At that time, the windows in the waiting room extension were usually three-winged and in the office and residential building sections two-winged, as were the external doors. In this regard, the Rommerskirchen reception building is within normal limits. In the post-war period, a roof for the stairs of the platform tunnel was built in brick on the track side. Despite these slight changes, the informative value of this reception building is much higher than that of the other systems on this route. In terms of railway construction and art history in general, the station building with the accessories listed above, with the exception of the tunnel roofing in Rommerskirchen, is of such importance that it must be placed under protection. A public interest in the preservation and use of this property can also be justified in terms of local history thanks to the branch station function. In the post-war period, a roof for the stairs of the platform tunnel was built in brick on the track side. Despite these slight changes, the informative value of this reception building is much higher than that of the other systems on this route. In terms of railway construction and art history in general, the station building with the accessories listed above, with the exception of the tunnel roofing in Rommerskirchen, is of such importance that it must be placed under protection. A public interest in the preservation and use of this property can also be justified in terms of local history thanks to the branch station function. In the post-war period, a roof for the stairs of the platform tunnel was built in brick on the track side. Despite these slight changes, the informative value of this reception building is much higher than that of the other systems on this route. In terms of railway construction and art history in general, the station building with the accessories listed above, with the exception of the tunnel roofing in Rommerskirchen, is of such importance that it must be placed under protection. A public interest in the preservation and use of this property can also be justified in terms of local history thanks to the branch station function. In terms of railway construction and art history in general, the station building with the accessories listed above, with the exception of the tunnel roofing in Rommerskirchen, is of such importance that it must be placed under protection. A public interest in the preservation and use of this property can also be justified in terms of local history thanks to the branch station function. In terms of railway construction and art history in general, the station building with the accessories listed above, with the exception of the tunnel roofing in Rommerskirchen, is of such importance that it must be placed under protection. A public interest in the preservation and use of this property can also be justified in terms of local history thanks to the branch station function.

1898 04.08.1989 A 34


Schwanenhof Schwanenhof Evinghoven
Widdeshovenerstraße 62
Karte
The "Schwanenhof" is a 3-winged, former courtyard complex with a half-timbered house, 2-storey with wooden walls, gable-side, the inside of the courtyard plastered, a gate entrance with a door, also in half-timbered with decorations and inscription - ANNO 1786 -; 19th century barn wing, made of brick; cast iron water pump in the courtyard. He is z. Currently used for residential purposes.

As a special, seldom well-preserved half-timbered farm in Gillbachland with beautiful decorations and a determining location in the village, the Schwanenhof is important for the history of the people and the place as well as agricultural living conditions and working methods. There are primarily ethnological and urban planning reasons for the preservation and use.

1786 12.12.1984 A 03


A 17 Wegekreuz, Antoniterstraße 18 (Evinghoven).jpg Evinghoven
Antoniterstraße 18
Karte
Bluestone, base with inscription, shell niche, cross with metal body. There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads because the cross is important for the district of Evinghoven and the local history, and there are also ethnological reasons. End of the 18th century 10.06.1986 A 17


kath.  Pfarrkirche St.  Antonius (Hermit)
more pictures
kath. Pfarrkirche St. Antonius (Hermit) Evinghoven
Widdeshovener Strasse
map
1-aisled, neo-Gothic brick hall church, polygonal choir and western tower in front; Neo-Gothic furnishings with glass windows largely preserved; 1962 Sacristy egg expansion

The Catholic parish church of St. Antonius is important for human history and for the settlement of the landscape on the Gillbach, especially for the district of Evinghoven and the community of Rommerskirchen. There are primarily scientific, artistic, ethnological and urban planning reasons for preservation

1877/78 28.10.1991 A 43


Former school (teacher service house) Former school (teacher service house) Evinghoven
Widdeshovener Strasse 93
map
Simple 2-storey brick building in 2: 2 axes with surrounding cornice and segmented arched windows; largely unchanged. 19th century 07.06.1994 A 52


Road Chapel (Alt Ikoven) Road Chapel (Alt Ikoven) Evinghoven
Widdeshovener Strasse
map
The small chapel on the way to Widdeshoven belongs to Alt-Ikoven. It got its present appearance at the end of the 19th century, but goes back to an older predecessor (very thick masonry, wooden-framed, small side window). The chapel is rough plastered with new roofing. The apse closes on three sides, the rectangular entrance is framed by protruding corner struts. Above the door is an ogival niche with a muddy Madonna figure on a crescent moon and a snake.

Inside there is a colored wooden figure of St. Anthony from the 19th century above a plastered base and on the left hangs a cross with a covered body, probably from the 1st half of the 16th century.

The chapel is important for human history, as an expression of popular piety and important for the community of Rommerskirchen, as a place of popular veneration of St. Antonius. The chapel is worth preserving for scientific and ethnological reasons, as a traditional place of religious worship in a rural region such as the municipality of Rommerskirchen and for reasons of local history, as a structural document that refers to the traditional, former court festival Alt-Ikoven, to which the chapel belongs , refers.

Late 19th century 29.05.1995 A 63


Antoniterhof Antoniterhof Evinghoven
Widdeshovener Strasse 60
map
The Antoniterhof fulfills the requirements for classification as a monument according to § 2 DSchG NW. It is a four-wing historical courtyard, the former tithe courtyard of the landlord, the Antoniterstift in Cologne. The courtyard forms the center of the street village of Evinghoven that runs alongside the stream, has remains of a water barrier and is likely to be the oldest settlement on the site. The courtyard consists of a two-storey house from the 18th century with an extension from 1910, a cowshed with a horse stable and corner coach house from the 19th century, a very large long barn from the 19th century with partially preserved inner framework, a Workers' house from 1939 as well as a baroque archway with adjoining stable / coach house across the corner.

The original layouts have largely been preserved in the house; Worth mentioning are the stairs from the second half of the 18th century and the contemporary roof trusses. Most of the other buildings have also retained their original status, apart from the inevitable modernizations and new roofs throughout. The barn was enlarged in 1884, which can be read from the building stock and recorded in the building files. The open spaces to the adjacent streets with the remains of a moat, iron fence and garden design document the former special stature of the farm in the context of the village. The Antoniterhof is important for human history, as it still illustrates important hierarchical gradations of social development in terms of location and shape and also represents a way of living and working in its architecture that has ensured that most of the people in this country have secured their livelihood since the Middle Ages and that has been living and experiencing the world over generations Population shaped. It is just as significant for the history of the municipality of Rommerskirchen, especially the village of Evinghoven, because it represents the historical dimension of the region and the village to a decisive extent. It is also important for the history of work and production conditions, because its existing buildings clearly document the economic form of the past and its development since the 18th century and are understandable for everyone. It is precisely these very rapid development steps since the list of monuments of the municipality of Rommerskirchen p. 2 in the middle of the 19th century and their effects on rural architecture and way of life cannot be overlooked. The entire complex is worth preserving for scientific, in particular architectural, historical and folkloric reasons. For the history of architecture, it offers a particularly detailed illustrative and research material, as its essential functional historical components are well preserved and original. For social history and folklore, there are numerous approaches for research and plausible representation of historical working conditions and the social relationships that depend on them within such a closed symbiotic community. Century and its effects on the rural architecture and way of life are obvious. The entire complex is worth preserving for scientific, in particular architectural, historical and folkloric reasons. For the history of architecture, it offers a particularly detailed illustrative and research material, as its essential functional historical components are well preserved and original. For social history and folklore, there are numerous approaches for research and plausible representation of historical working conditions and the social relationships that depend on them within such a closed symbiotic community. Century and its effects on the rural architecture and way of life are obvious. The entire complex is worth preserving for scientific, in particular architectural, historical and folkloric reasons. For the history of architecture, it offers a particularly detailed illustrative and research material, as its essential functional historical components are well preserved and original. For social history and folklore, there are numerous approaches for research and plausible representation of historical working conditions and the social relationships that depend on them within such a closed symbiotic community. For the history of architecture, it offers a particularly detailed illustrative and research material, as its essential functional historical components are well preserved and original. For social history and folklore, there are numerous approaches for research and plausible representation of historical working conditions and the social relationships that depend on them within such a closed symbiotic community. For the history of architecture, it offers a particularly detailed illustrative and research material, as its essential functional historical components are well preserved and original. For social history and folklore, there are numerous approaches here for research and plausible representation of historical working conditions and the social relationships that depend on them within such a closed symbiotic community.

18th century 25.05.1999 A 70


Wayside cross Wayside cross Frixheim
An der Nachtigall
card
Lava basalt, high plinth with inscription, shell niche; Cross with a relief body.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the wayside cross, because the cross is important for the Frixheim district and the local history and there are ethnological reasons, among other things.

1793 02.06.1986 A 13


Way of the Cross station (footfall V) Way of the Cross station (footfall V) Frixheim
Fliederweg (behind the railway embankment)
map
Stepped base made of Belgian granite (5 parts) with a marble stone cross from the 19th century; The body and stone cross are missing.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the Stations of the Cross because it is important for the locality and there are ethnological reasons, among other things.

19./20. Century 12.06.1986 A 19


Wayside cross Wayside cross Frixheim
Frixheimer Strasse
map
Sandstone, stepped base with historicizing decorative shapes, cross with stone corpus, restored in 1978. There is public interest in the preservation of the wayside cross because the cross is important for the Frixheim district and the local history and there are ethnographic reasons. 1854 25.11.1986 A 27


Road chapels Road chapels Frixheim
Gohrer Strasse
map
1911, brick, straight apse, entrance slightly forward and gabled, roof turret; inside, flat wooden beam ceiling, tile floor and pièta.

There is a public interest in its preservation. The chapel is, among other things, an expression of the popular piety of its time.

1911 07.06.1994 A 53


kath.  Pfarrkirche St.  Stephanus
more pictures
kath. Pfarrkirche St. Stephanus Hoeningen
Stephanusstrasse 14
map
3-aisled pillar church with square choir yoke and polygonal choir from the 19th century; the south aisle added in 1564; Tuff and brick with sandstone walls; old cemetery with gravestones from the 17th to 19th centuries Century made of sandstone, bluestone or trachyte.

The Catholic parish church St. Stephanus is important for human history and for the settlement of the landscape on the Gillbach, especially for the village of Hoeningen and the community of Rommerskirchen. There are primarily scientific, artistic, ethnological and urban planning reasons for preservation.

1864 28.10.1991 A 45


Zehnthof Zehnthof Hoeningen
Stephanusstraße 18
map
The Zehnthof is north of the parish church of St. Stephanus, east of the Gillbach. It had been in the possession of the Maria im Kapitol in Cologne since the 12th century. Today's parish church, which is directly adjacent to the property, was part of the courtyard as a separate church. As owners of their own church, the landlords had the patronage of the church and the right to the big tithe. They were entitled to the 10th part of all income (grain, cattle) of the church district. Only with the secularization, in which all monasteries, monasteries and spiritual possessions were abolished, the rights and obligations associated with the patronage ended. B. also repealed the tithe levy. Most of the farms, like the one in Hoeningen, went into private ownership.

The residential building from 1784 has been preserved from the old courtyard, the farm buildings have been replaced over time, and the layout of the old tithe courtyard has not been retained. The house is a two-story brick building with five window axes. The windows are segment-arched with cloister stones, bar grids on the ground floor. On the courtyard side in the slightly sloped basement there are two entrances to the basement barrel parallel to the ridge, half of which underpins the house. The front door in stone walls with a raised skylight is slightly elevated and can be reached via a two-flight staircase in lava basalt. The original stock includes the stone-tiled corridor, the wooden staircase with flat balusters and carved piers, the beamed ceilings (partly suspended), the doors and frames, wide floorboards, Lying roof structure with crossed wind panes, vaulted cellar, essentially the spatial structure. The tithe courtyard is important for human history, especially to illustrate the way of life on a former monastery courtyard in the late 18th century. The courtyard is worth preserving for scientific, architectural and, above all, local historical reasons, as the last remnant of a former important tenth courtyard of the Maria im Monastery Capitol, whose house, which has largely remained unchanged down to the last detail, is a good document of rural architecture from the 2nd half of the 18th century and which is significant enough to show the important local historical significance of the courtyard, which had its own church as a spiritual property, which later became , also because of the favorable location in the middle of the village, the parish church of St. Stephen emerged. Vaulted cellar, essentially the structure of the room. The tithe courtyard is important for human history, especially to illustrate the way of life on a former monastery courtyard in the late 18th century. The courtyard is worth preserving for scientific, architectural and, above all, local historical reasons, as the last remnant of a former important tenth courtyard of the Maria im Monastery Capitol, whose house, which has largely remained unchanged down to the last detail, is a good document of rural architecture from the 2nd half of the 18th century and which is significant enough to show the important local historical significance of the courtyard, which had its own church as a spiritual property, which later became , also because of the favorable location in the middle of the village, the parish church of St. Stephen emerged. Vaulted cellar, essentially the structure of the room. The tithe courtyard is important for human history, especially to illustrate the way of life on a former monastery courtyard in the late 18th century. The courtyard is worth preserving for scientific, architectural and, above all, local historical reasons, as the last remnant of a former important tenth courtyard of the Maria im Monastery Capitol, whose house, which has largely remained unchanged down to the last detail, is a good document of rural architecture from the 2nd half of the 18th century and which is significant enough to show the important local historical significance of the courtyard, which had its own church as a spiritual property, which later became , also because of the favorable location in the middle of the village, the parish church of St. Stephen emerged.

1784 29.05.1995 A 55


Road chapels Road chapels Map of Nettesheim
Martinusstrasse
Brick, with semicircular apse, facade gabled with niche and Madonna figure, inside ribbed vault and crucifixion group made of plaster.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the wayside chapel, because this wayside chapel is important for the district of Nettersheim and the local history, and there are also folkloric reasons.

Early 20th century A 08


Grabkreuz Grabkreuz Map of Nettesheim
Sebastianusstrasse
Sandstone, high base on a square floor plan with inscriptions on all 4 sides, neo-Gothic decorative shapes, cross with stone body.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the grave cross, because the cross is important for the district of Nettesheim and the local history, and there are also ethnological reasons.

1st half of the 19th century 12.06.1986 A 18


Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Nettesheim
Lommertzweg / corner Wyckgasse
map
Wayside shrine from the 2nd half of the 19th century. Statue made of various sandstones and Limestone; Base with inscription, gabled niche top with neo-Romanesque niche, therein Agnes figure as a relief; Cross attachment missing; Still image based on transformer house; Above that on the wall of the transformer building there is a gable-shaped roof made of wood.

The preservation of the wayside shrine is public. Interests, because it is important for the district of Nettesheim-Butzheim and the local history and there are ethnographic reasons, among others.

2nd half of the 19th century 29.09.1986 A 22


Station of the Cross (Fußfall II) Station of the Cross (Fußfall II) Nettesheim
extension to Ziegelstrasse
map
Sandstone pointed arch niche, neo-Gothic jewelry shape, newer writing tablet.

1987 restored, missing branches and finial added. There is a public interest in its preservation because the station of the cross is important for the local history of Nettesheim-Butzheim and there are reasons for folklore, among other things.

Late 19th century 31.12.1987 A 23


Kath.  Pfarrkirche St.  Martinus
more pictures
Kath. Pfarrkirche St. Martinus Map of Nettesheim
Martinusstrasse
Catholic parish church of St. Martinus and the churchyard wall with grave cross from the 18th century and the associated cemetery complex with grave crosses from the 18th and 19th centuries. Parish church is a three-aisled, neo-Gothic basilica made of tuff with brick strips, polygonal choir and a 12th century western tower made of tuff with basalt and brick masonry. It was extended to the east in 1858 and the old nave section changed and re-vaulted; on the south facade is the year 1858. The churchyard wall is made of brick with a grave cross from the 18th century.

On the cemetery there are grave crosses from the 18th and 19th centuries. The parish church of St. Martinus is important for human history and for the settlement of the landscape on the Gillbach, especially for the old parish of Nettesheim and the community of Rommerskirchen. There are primarily scientific, artistic, ethnological and urban planning reasons for preservation.

18th century 20.12.1990 A 39


Half-timbered house Half-timbered house Nettesheim
Sebastianusstraße 60
map
The half-timbered building erected in 1758, according to the inscription in the lintel, is the remainder of a former courtyard. The stables and barn were demolished after the Second World War. The house was preserved, an eaves-standing, transverse, two-storey half-timbered building with tapped anchors and a half-timbered extension wing at the rear. The upper floor of the rear part protrudes far and thus forms a covered corridor with a Cologne ceiling for the rear exit of the residential building.

The original inventory includes: the largely intact half-timbered structure, clay compartments, the interior structure of the house with a corridor from which the stairs lead to the upper floor and the stairs to the basement, barrel-vaulted brick cellar parallel to the gable with an oven, beamed ceilings, door leaves with fittings, wide floorboards, entrance door With carved sun motif and lintel with date, some of the windows are original. Sebastianusstr. 60 is the oldest residential building in the local area, it is important for human history and, in its originality, a clear testimony to the way of life in the 18th century in rural areas. The building is also worth preserving as a remnant of a courtyard for scientific, especially folklore and local historical reasons.

1758 29.05.1995 A 56


Lommertzhof Lommertzhof Nettesheim
Lommertzweg 37
map
In the Middle Ages, the complex, then known as Altenberger Hof, belonged to Altenberg Monastery, which, alongside the Kunibertstift from Cologne, became the most influential landlord in Nettesheim. The origin of the farm is a donation from the daughter Eufemia, the knight of Butzheim to the Altenberg monastery. This bought more land in order to establish the farm. The current name of the farm comes from the tenant Peter Lumbartz, who ran it around 1500. After the secularization, the farm came into private ownership, as was customary at the time. The farm has been owned by the current owner family since 1873. In 1818 a major fire broke out on the Lommertzhof, which destroyed numerous houses in Nettesheim and destroyed the old farm. Before 1821, the then owners began with the reconstruction. The new courtyard (house and barn) was built southwest of the old courtyard. The buildings that close the courtyard to the square are younger. The house is a two-storey plastered building with a basement, symmetrically structured in seven axes with a centrally positioned door. Door frames and sills are made of lava basalt. The building is dated 1822 in a decorative pin above the door on the garden side. In 1908 the inside of the building was fundamentally redesigned while retaining some beamed ceilings and the half-timbered walls. Opposite the house is the large brick barn with three barns. It still has the old roof covering with thatched roofs, the half-timbered framework has been partially removed. The building above the central gate is dated 1821. The house is a two-storey plastered building with a basement, symmetrically structured in seven axes with a centrally positioned door. Door frames and sills are made of lava basalt. The building is dated 1822 in a decorative pin above the door on the garden side. In 1908 the inside of the building was fundamentally redesigned while retaining some beamed ceilings and the half-timbered walls. Opposite the house is the large brick barn with three barns. It still has the old roof covering with thatched roofs, the half-timbered framework has been partially removed. The building above the central gate is dated 1821. The house is a two-storey plastered building with a basement, symmetrically structured in seven axes with a centrally positioned door. Door frames and sills are made of lava basalt. The building is dated 1822 in a decorative pin above the door on the garden side. In 1908 the inside of the building was fundamentally redesigned while retaining some beamed ceilings and the half-timbered walls. Opposite the house is the large brick barn with three barns. It still has the old roof covering with thatched roofs, the half-timbered framework has been partially removed. The building above the central gate is dated 1821. The building is dated 1822 in a decorative pin above the door on the garden side. In 1908 the inside of the building was fundamentally redesigned while retaining some beamed ceilings and the half-timbered walls. Opposite the house is the large brick barn with three barns. It still has the old roof covering with thatched roofs, the half-timbered framework has been partially removed. The building above the central gate is dated 1821. The building is dated 1822 in a decorative pin above the door on the garden side. In 1908 the inside of the building was fundamentally redesigned while retaining some beamed ceilings and the half-timbered walls. Opposite the house is the large brick barn with three barns. It still has the old roof covering with thatched roofs, the half-timbered framework has been partially removed. The building above the central gate is dated 1821.

The listed parts of the Lommertzhof are the old house from 1822 and the large barn opposite from 1821. The farm is important for human history, especially the way of life at the beginning of the 19th century in rural areas. It is important for the working and production conditions, especially in the first half of the 19th century, when it was possible for wealthy citizens, independent farmers or the previous tenants to acquire extremely cheap large goods and to transform them into large-scale production facilities. The Lommertzhof is important for the community of Rommerskirchen and the location of Nettesheim, as a former supply item of the Altenberg monastery, which, along with the St. Kunibert monastery from Cologne, contributed significantly to the development of the settlement history of the Gillbach region. There are scientific reasons for the preservation and use of the Lommertzhof, which result from the history of the facility. There are architectural and historical reasons, as the exterior of the courtyard is a clear testimony to the structural development of the first half of the 19th century. The large barn with three horizontal bars is also an extremely rarely preserved type of construction. In 1908 the interior of the house was fundamentally redesigned in line with fashion. This, too, is good structural evidence of the self-image of the more affluent rural population. The farm is worth preserving as the nucleus of the settlement history of the Nettesheim location because, like the Fronhof of the St. Kunibertstift, it contributed significantly to the development of the location. which result from the history of the plant. There are architectural and historical reasons, as the courtyard with its external appearance is a clear testimony to the structural development of the first half of the 19th century. The large barn with three horizontal bars is also an extremely rarely preserved type of construction. In 1908 the interior of the house was fundamentally redesigned in line with fashion. This, too, is good structural evidence of the self-image of the more affluent rural population. The farm is worth preserving as the nucleus of the settlement history of the Nettesheim location because, like the Fronhof of the St. Kunibertstift, it contributed significantly to the development of the location. which result from the history of the plant. There are architectural and historical reasons, as the courtyard with its external appearance is a clear testimony to the structural development of the first half of the 19th century. The large barn with three horizontal bars is also an extremely rarely preserved type of construction. In 1908 the interior of the house was fundamentally redesigned in line with fashion. This, too, is good structural evidence of the self-image of the more affluent rural population. The farm is worth preserving as the nucleus of the settlement history of the Nettesheim location because, like the Fronhof of the St. Kunibertstift, it contributed significantly to the development of the location. because the exterior of the courtyard is a clear testimony to the structural development of the first half of the 19th century. The large barn with three horizontal bars is also an extremely rarely preserved type of construction. In 1908 the interior of the house was fundamentally redesigned in line with fashion. This, too, is good structural evidence of the self-image of the more affluent rural population. The farm is worth preserving as the nucleus of the settlement history of the Nettesheim location because, like the Fronhof of the St. Kunibertstift, it contributed significantly to the development of the location. because the exterior of the courtyard is a clear testimony to the structural development of the first half of the 19th century. The large barn with three horizontal bars is also an extremely rarely preserved type of construction. In 1908 the interior of the house was fundamentally redesigned in line with fashion. This, too, is good structural evidence of the self-image of the more affluent rural population. The farm is worth preserving as the nucleus of the settlement history of the Nettesheim location because, like the Fronhof of the St. Kunibertstift, it contributed significantly to the development of the location. In 1908 the interior of the house was fundamentally redesigned in line with fashion. This, too, is good structural evidence of the self-image of the more affluent rural population. The farm is worth preserving as the nucleus of the settlement history of the Nettesheim location because, like the Fronhof of the St. Kunibertstift, it contributed significantly to the development of the location. In 1908 the interior of the house was fundamentally redesigned in line with fashion. This, too, is good structural evidence of the self-image of the more affluent rural population. The farm is worth preserving as the nucleus of the settlement history of the Nettesheim location because, like the Fronhof of the St. Kunibertstift, it contributed significantly to the development of the location.

1822 29.05.1995 A 57


Rectory Rectory Map of Nettesheim
Martinusstrasse
The parish building is not far from the church. It is a two-storey plastered building with five window axes, a central entrance with steps, a hip roof and one-storey supplementary buildings arranged symmetrically at the sides, each with two arched, added window niches. The outer walls are mainly from the parish building, which was built around 1760 and fell victim to the major fire that raged in Nettesheim in 1818. The restoration work lasted until 1823.

The building is important for human history, especially the way of life of a pastor in the countryside in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. The building is important for the local history of Nettesheim, because it has passed on the building type of the rectory at this location since at least the second half of the 18th century and, in addition to the church and the two large former monastery courtyards, shows the historical continuity of the place. The building is worth preserving for scientific and local historical reasons, as a type of the rural rectory with the associated large supply garden, which is used accordingly to this day and has made a significant contribution to the appearance and identity of the place over the centuries.

1823 29.05.1995 A 58


Brick residential building Brick residential building Oekoven
Römerstrasse 50
map
Residential house from 1852, a former 4-wing brick courtyard in an urban planning location at the bend in the street opposite the church.

The house is 1-storey in 5 axes with a jamb and a half-hip roof. Old Cologne ceilings have been preserved inside. The house is significant for the townscape along the Roman road, which gives the town a special character with its unmistakable village character. Therefore, there is a public interest in the preservation and use, as there are urban planning and ethnographic reasons.

1852 12.12.1984 A 04


Oekoverhof Oekoverhof Oekoven
Gereonstraße 12
Map
Two-storey residential building, brick building in 5 axes with arched windows, bluestone steps, crooked hip roof and an adjoining farm building (deleted according to court order of September 24, 1987; see A 38) as the remains of the formerly four-winged brick courtyard from the end of the 18th century ., partly 19th century. The monument value is justified by the fact that the remainder of the Oekoverhof farm complex is the most important farm complex in the history of Oekoven, which is therefore of particular historical value in relation to the local history of Oekoven.

In addition, the architectural design qualities and the urban landscape integration into the townscape are important. The remains of the farm in the succession of much older facilities also document the historical fact that the development and history of the place Oekoven depended on the existence of this farm complex, as the name suggests. There are therefore very important historical as well as scientific, ie regional and local history reasons for the preservation and use.

18th century 12.12.1984 A 06


Wayside cross Wayside cross Oekoven
Antoniusstraße
Karte
Trachyte, cross with shell niche in the upper area. The year 1758 in the base; Restored in 1977. There is a public interest in the preservation of the wayside cross, because the cross is important for the district of Oekoven and the local history and there are also folkloric reasons. 1758 25.11.1986 A 25


Backsteingebäude Backsteingebäude Oekoven
Gereonstraße 10
Karte
Brick building on the side of the A 6 monument, residential or manor house;

Brick building rebuilt in the second half of the 19th century, ground floor formerly utility and stable rooms, in the attic with knee floor former servants' accommodation. The monument value is justified by the fact that even after the other farm and barn buildings were demolished in 1980, the remaining outbuildings and farm buildings next to the manor house document the economic methods and social differences of a large agricultural property from the 18th and 19th centuries. Thus there are especially ethnographic reasons for the importance of the outbuilding. In addition, the brick building in connection with the manor house is a not insignificant part of the history of Oekoven, which can already be read from the name of the farm.

18th century 29.10.1990 A 38


kath.  Pfarrkirche St.  Briktius
more pictures
kath. Pfarrkirche St. Briktius Oekoven
Roncalliplatz 1
Karte
First mentioned in 1223, then owned by the Gereonstift in Cologne; 1160; 1877-80; (August Lange). 3-aisled, Romanesque pillar basilica with flat ceiling, semicircular apse and western tower in front; Tufa; Side aisles 1877 to 1880; Central nave and apse with blinds; Cemetery wall with 18th century grave slabs made of bluestone and sandstone and classicist grave monuments from the 19th century; painted, flat wooden ceiling and complete painting from the 19th century, mobile furnishings from the 19th century except for the glass windows; Room painting from 1882 by Matthias Göbbels;

The cath. Parish church of St. Briktius is important for human history and for the settlement of the landscape, especially for the village of Oekoven and the community of Rommerskirchen. There are primarily scientific, artistic, ethnological and urban development reasons for preservation.

1877-80 28.10.1991 A 44


Oekoven signal box Oekoven signal box Oekoven
Bahnhof Oekoven
Karte
The development of the Oekoven train station is closely related to lignite. As early as 1861, lignite was being mined in Neurath near Oekoven. The union “Rheingold”, later “Neurath”, built a small train in 1909 from the Neurath mine to the train station in Oekoven. A private marshalling yard and transfer tracks to the state railway were built here. In the 1930s, the station was no longer sufficient for coal traffic and was rebuilt. The Oof signal box was built in 1939 with the renovation.

At the beginning of rail traffic, the switches, signals and barriers were set by hand on the object itself. This method was only possible with little traffic and a small number of points and signals to be set. It soon became necessary to centralize the objects to be adjusted, to place them under the supervision of a switchman and to build a guard's hut. The signal box in Oekoven corresponds to all the statements to be made about the signal box buildings of the thirties. It was erected as a two-storey brick building in four axes. The windows are three-sashed, two of which are fixed, and one is movable over a fixed lower part. An extremely gently sloping concrete hipped roof with a large overhang covers the building. An angled staircase leads outside to the dispatcher room. The tensioning room is lit through small recessed windows. A single-storey extension for the shunters and the crew is leaning against the ground floor. The rooms received their light through high rectangular double-leaf windows. This brick building is also covered by a gently sloping hipped roof. In addition to the conventional signs, it also has signs of the Third Reich, shelter systems. The Oekoven signal box is important for the development of working conditions in the Oekoven district; There are scientific and local historical reasons for the preservation and use, because the signal box is to be seen as a symbol of the lignite station Oekoven and reflects the railway history of the signal box building types. A single-storey extension for the shunters and the crew is leaning against the ground floor. The rooms received their light through high rectangular double-leaf windows. This brick building is also covered by a gently sloping hipped roof. In addition to the conventional signs, it also has signs of the Third Reich, shelter systems. The Oekoven signal box is important for the development of working conditions in the Oekoven district; There are scientific and local historical reasons for the preservation and use, because the signal box is to be seen as a symbol of the lignite station Oekoven and reflects the railway history of the signal box building types. A single-storey extension for the shunters and the crew is leaning against the ground floor. The rooms received their light through high rectangular double-leaf windows. This brick building is also covered by a gently sloping hipped roof. In addition to the conventional signs, it also has signs of the Third Reich, shelter systems. The Oekoven signal box is important for the development of working conditions in the Oekoven district; There are scientific and local historical reasons for the preservation and use, because the signal box is to be seen as a symbol of the lignite station Oekoven and reflects the railway history of the signal box building types. In addition to the conventional signs, it also has signs of the Third Reich, shelter systems. The Oekoven signal box is important for the development of working conditions in the Oekoven district; There are scientific and local historical reasons for the preservation and use, because the signal box is to be seen as a symbol of the lignite station Oekoven and reflects the railway history of the signal box building types. In addition to the conventional signs, it also has signs of the Third Reich, shelter systems. The Oekoven signal box is important for the development of working conditions in the Oekoven district; There are scientific and local historical reasons for the preservation and use, because the signal box is to be seen as a symbol of the lignite station Oekoven and reflects the railway history of the signal box building types.

1939 01.02.1994 A 50


Lambertus Chapel
more pictures
Lambertus Chapel Ramrath
Lambertusstraße
Karte
Oldest church building in the municipality from the 12th century and probably older, which is still to be researched. Rectangular, plastered tuff structure, grouted, with a straight choir closure, flat ceiling with central support, roof turret, renewed in 1830; Use of Roman bricks and inscription stones as spoilers; probably the former church of the old Ramrath court. The chapel is important for the art history of the people in the municipality, the history of the settlement on the Gillbach and is formative for the rural townscape. Artistic, folklore, urban planning and scientific aspects speak in favor of preservation. 12th century 12.11.1984 A 01


House Kamp House Kamp Ramrath
Lambertusstraße 23
Karte
4-wing courtyard. Residential house, built in 1818, plastered construction in 7 axes. Three central axes towards the courtyard with a central entrance accentuated by triangular gables. Hipped mansard roof in the lower part slated with 2 high rectangular skylights each in the side axes. Window and door frames in natural stone, window split bars with wide transoms, raised on the upper floor. Ornamental garden at the back with old trees, accessed through a central door. The associated brick farm building and the basket arched gate opening onto the Hofgeviert were built in 1877. 1818 26.05.1986 A 09


Ramrather Hof Ramrather Hof Ramrath
Kölnerstraße 26
Karte
The four-winged courtyard today goes back to a court festival surrounded by moats, of which remains are still preserved today. Documented evidence as early as 1285 as the property of the Maria Monastery in the Capitol in Cologne. Residential house, built in 1792 (according to wall anchors), facing the courtyard area with eaves, brick house, with high pitched roof, curved gable. Two-storey in 6 axes, side entrance with two-flight staircase (outside staircase) and platform. Window and door openings with natural stone walls and segmental arches, lower on the upper floor with shutters. On the gable sides, low farm buildings form the transition to the courtyard buildings that were newly built in 1952. The courtyard gate comes from Langwaden Abbey and bears the year 1789. Comments: Entry in accordance with the registration order issued by the District President of Düsseldorf on January 16. 1792 26.05.1986 A 10


Wayside cross Wayside cross Ramrath
opposite Haus Kamp
map
Shell limestone, square base with inscription, chronogram and shell niche; Cross with sandstone body. 1781 26.05.1986 A 11


Wayside cross Wayside cross Ramrath
bei Haus Leusch
card
Rectangular base with inscription, date and shell niche; Stone cross with plastic body. Restored in 1977/78. There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads because the cross is important for the Rommerskirchen Villau district and the local history, and there are also folklore reasons. 1869 25.11.1986 A 26


Sinstedener Hof Sinstedener Hof Sinsteden
Alte Dorfstraße 4
map
4-wing brick complex with an old house from 1776, 2-storey in 8 axes. Brick in monastery format and stone walls in andesite sills, dated by coats of arms above the former (now walled up) door; Today's two-storey house in 2: 7 axes with a slightly protruding 3-axis central projection, mansard hipped roof with a 2-storey gable house that emphasizes the central 3 axes, brick with stone walls of the windows and the door; Associated with it is a small garden pavilion on a rectangular floor plan, brick with a mansard hipped roof. The Sinstedenerhof is a good example of stately brick courtyards from this time in the middle of the agricultural Rommerskirchen loess plate. It is also important for the history of Sinsteden, especially for the origin and development of this place. The property is also important for the development and production conditions of agriculture. There are urban planning reasons for the preservation. 30.08.1991 A 41


Path stick Path stick Sinsteden
school street
map
small brick building with 3-sided end and pointed arch niche, flanking, protruding brick pillars with tent roofing. 2. H. 19. Jh. 29.05.1995 A 62


Road chapels Road chapels Sinsteden
Monschauer Weg
map
At the intersection Monschauer Weg / Maternusstr. The chapel was built at the end of the 19th century. It is a small neo-Gothic brick building with a hipped roof, a transverse rectangular floor plan, buttresses as corner reinforcements, pilaster strips, pointed arch frieze under the eaves, slightly protruding, gabled, pointed arched entrance, barred niche.

Inside there are Mettlach floor slabs, a pointed arched ribbed vault, a muddy, stone altar hall with corner balusters, on it a small base and a simple cross, in each of the side walls there is a pointed arched window. The chapel is important for human history, as an expression of popular piety, because religious monuments vividly reflect the degree and strength of the worship of God and of religious belief. The chapel is important for the location Sinsteden and thus for the community of Rommerskirchen, because it refers to the popular veneration of St. Maternus, which can only be found in the old archdiocese of Cologne. The chapel is worth preserving for scientific, architectural and historical reasons,

19th century 29.05.1995 A 65


Wayside cross Wayside cross Ueckinghoven
Ueckinghovener Strasse
map
Bluestone, base renewed with year, shell niche also renewed, cross with Mater Dolorosa and relief body.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads because the cross is important for the Ueckinghoven district and the local history, and there are also ethnological reasons.

1777 02.06.1986 A 12


Wayside cross Wayside cross Villau
road to Muchhausen
map
Sandstone and bluestone, high stepped base with an altar-like, square base with inscription and date, high stone cross with stone body. Stone body very endangered!

There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads because the cross is important for the locality and the local history and there are ethnological and other reasons.

1851 06.06.1986 A 15


A 29 wayside cross, mountain hut 59 (Vanikum) .jpg Vanikum
mountain hut (end)
map
Sandstone, plastered, baroque base with baroque niche structure, very high stone cross with plastered stone body, restored in 1981.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads, because the cross is important for the Vanikum district and the local history and there are reasons for folklore, among other things.

End of the 18th century 24.11.1986 A 29


House Muchhausen House Muchhausen Villau
Haus Muchhausen
Karte
4-wing brick courtyard, built on a former moated castle, the manor house from the first half of the 19th century, 2-storey in 5 axes with a central axis emphasized by a double staircase and triangular gable in a plastered facade. Barn wings from the first half of the 19th century, partially modernized, outside the 4-wing complex (old forge in the east / deleted on Oct. 24, 1988) and former bakery as a southern porch, an underground wine cellar, probably 18th century. as well as gardens with sundial.

The facility is surrounded by moats that z. Some of them have dried up in recent years. House Muchhausen is important for human history, the settlement history of the municipality of Rommerskirchen as well as for working and production conditions. Scientific, urban planning, art history and folk art history and folklore reasons speak for its preservation.

1st half of the 19th century 22.09.1987 A 33


chapel chapel Widdeshoven
Hoeninger Strasse 39
map
1-storey, octagonal brick building with a pointed arch door and high roof turret. The chapel is important for the art history of the people in the municipality, the history of the settlement on the Gillbach and is formative for the rural townscape.

Folklore and urban planning aspects speak in favor of preservation.

Late 19th century 05.01.1987 A 07


Wayside cross Wayside cross Widdeshoven
L 69 after Widdeshoven
card
Sandstone, square base with neo-Romanesque decorative shapes, inscription, new cross with a small metal body.

There is a public interest in the preservation of the wayside cross because the cross is important for the district of Widdeshoven and the local history and there are ethnological reasons, among other things.

1874 02.06.1986 A 14


A 16 Wegekreuz, Vronoverhof 45 (Widdeshoven).jpg Widdeshoven
Vronoverhof 45
Karte
Trachyte, base with inscription and date, shell niche, cross with relief body. There is a public interest in the preservation of the crossroads because the cross is important for the locality and the local history and there are ethnological and other reasons. The cross dates from the time of today's Vronoverhof. 1752 06.06.1986 A 16


4-wing half-timbered courtyard 4-wing half-timbered courtyard Widdeshoven
Breitestrasse 16
map
Former 4-wing half-timbered courtyard, the two-storey house, gable-free, the courtyard side clad in brick in the 20th century, modern barn doors. The half-timbered courtyard is typical for the development of the Widdeshoven district. There are mainly local and settlement history, folklore and urban development reasons for preservation. 18th century 29.09.1993 A 49


Old Forge Old Forge Widdeshoven
Im Kamp 3
Map
Gable-independent brick building from the turn of the century, placed at an angle in the street space, with pilaster strips, arched niche in the gable, high molded, arched iron windows with curved sprouts in the skylights. At the rear there is the fitting stable (emergency stable) for the horses under a pent roof extension. There are also two iron lattice windows here. Two entrances lead into the interior.

The equipment is essentially completely preserved: fitting barn, forge with fireplace, a hand-operated drill, a grinding machine. Blacksmithing was practiced here until 1975. The forge is important for human history and the blacksmith's trade at the turn of the century. It is important for the working and production conditions because it clearly shows the handcraft production facility of a blacksmith around the turn of the century. The building is worth preserving for scientific reasons, in particular for reasons of local history, as a well-preserved blacksmith shop, as a former village blacksmith responsible for the village of Widdeshoven. The building adapts to the surrounding residential buildings in terms of its outline and outline, with its gable facing the street.

unknown 29.05.1995 A 61


Vronoverhof Vronoverhof Widdeshoven
Vronoverhof
Karte
The Vronoverhof courtyard complex fulfills the requirements for classification as a monument according to § 2 DSchG NW. It is a four-wing courtyard complex that has existed in a secluded location typical of the region since its foundation. Already the first mention in 1234 shows the Vronoverhof, whose current name still documents the origin of the former Knechtstedener Fronhof, owned by the Knechtsteden Abbey. The Vronoverhof is still shown on the Tranchot map from 1807 as a four-wing complex with remains of a water barrier.

Today's group of buildings includes the house, a half-timbered barn, a brick barn, gate and stable wing, cowshed, horse stable, and coach house. Not part of the monument are the younger, scale-like additions and the out-of-the-way house for the elderly. The two-storey residential building with partial basement is dated to the year 1763 by wall anchors and has largely been preserved in the state in which it was built. The brick building is plastered, the arched window openings are framed with trachyte cloisters. Barrel vaults and four candlestick niches have been preserved in the brick cellar. The ground floor has recently been modernized while retaining most of the structural walls; the ceilings were mostly covered. The upper floor is unchanged, here all Cologne ceilings are original, and all doors are from the first half of the 19th century. Century. The oak roof structure, designed as a purlin roof structure with reclining chair columns, is also undisturbed and original. The expansion of a part of the house into a horse stable, which was built at the same time as the entire house, is unusual. The large half-timbered double cross barn was built in the 18th century and has only been changed slightly (potato cellar E. 19th century). The framework is complete and in good condition. Gate and stable wing, cowshed, horse stable with coach house and the brick barn were built towards the end of the 19th century in place of older predecessor buildings and are in good condition, up to the roof trusses, despite changed or sometimes no use. The courtyard is important for human history, as it is one of the oldest farms in the region that still exists at its place of origin, it is a living and tangible testimony to this centuries-old cultural landscape. In addition, it is still vivid in its current state for a form of economy which, since the beginning of history writing in this country, owed most of the people its livelihood and which shaped the worlds of life and experience of the population over generations. It is significant for the history of the municipality of Rommerskirchen, because not only the historical dimension of the region is borne by such farms, but also the emergence of most of the villages goes back to it. In addition, it is of great importance for the history of labor and production conditions; its almost complete historical building stock and its furnishings convey the economic forms of the past and their development since the 18th century. The production and storage of agricultural products can often be traced down to the last detail; Using the two barns from different times, you can even read the changes in fruit harvesting and storage over the past three centuries, including the latest type of storage in silos. Most of the other work processes on a large estate with its almost complete self-sufficiency have left clear traces, so that a now historical overall operation is documented here in rare completeness. The complex is worth preserving for scientific, in particular architectural-historical and folkloric reasons. It offers rich illustrative and research material for the history of architecture, as it is very impressively preserved in the system, in the material and in the craftsmanship-technical processing at a high level of the past. For social history and folklore, there are numerous approaches for researching and vividly presenting historical work processes and the social relationships that depend on them within such a closed community.

1763 25.05.1999 A 69


Half-timbered construction Half-timbered construction Widdeshoven
Bruchstrasse 10
map
The village of Widdeshoven was probably founded by the nearby knight seat Hoeningen. The village is located in the so-called Hoeninger Bruch am Gillbach. On the French Tranchot map from 1807/08, the place is recognizable as a densely populated street village.

Das Gebäude Bruchstr.10 liegt auf der Südseite der Straße. Es wurde um 1800 gebaut. Der giebelständige, eingeschossige Fachwerkbau wird traufseitig erschlossen. Der Fachwerkständerbau zeigt durchgezapfte Ankerbalken, schlichte, nahezu quadratische Gefache, hofseitig einen weiten Dachüberstand mit profilierten Sparrenenden. Die straßenseitige Giebelwand wurde nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg backsteinverkleidet. Ein Teil des Gebäudes ist von einem tonnengewölbten Backsteinkeller unterfangen. Die mittige Diele mit Steinplattenboden und Treppe und die Raumstruktur ist ablesbar. 1. Das Gebäude ist bedeutend für die Geschichte des Menschen, insbesondere für die Wohn- und Lebensweise in einem kleinen Fachwerkhof eines Straßendorfes mit heute noch überwiegend kleinteilig strukturierter Bebauung. 2. Das Gebäude ist erhaltenswert aus wissenschaftlichen, insbesondere architektur- und ortsgeschichtlichen Gründen. Es ist eines der wenigen in relativ originalem Zustand überkommenen kleinen Fachwerkhöfe der Ortslage Widdeshoven, die zu Beginn des 19. Jahrhunderts das Straßendorf prägten. Kennzeichnend für diese einfachen Gebäude ist die Giebelständigkeit, das schlichte Fachwerk als Ständerbau mit durchgezapften Ankern, die traufseitige Erschließung mit Mitteldiele, die Teilunterkellerung. Das Gebäude ist ohne den rückwärtigen Anbau und ohne den Rest der Scheune ein Denkmal gem. § 2 DSchG NW. Es ist bedeutend für die Geschichte des Menschen und erhaltenswert aus wissenschaftlichen, architektur- und ortsgeschichtlichen Gründen.

1800 25.05.1999 A 71


Siehe auch

Quellen

  • Denkmalliste der Gemeinde Rommerskirchen

Weblinks