|Birth name||Maria Rodriguez of the Alamo|
July 28, 1986 (age 34) |
Toledo , Spain
|Genders||Flamenco, Jazz, Pop|
Maria Rodriguez of the Alamo ( Toledo , 28 of July of 1986) is a singer - songwriter and pianist Spanish . Current flamenco icon . She is the first woman in flamenco to accompany herself on the piano. [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
María Toledo, an icon of current flamenco. She is the first woman in the history of flamenco to sing accompanying herself on the piano. With four Latin Grammy nominations and four published albums, graduated in Law and graduated from the Conservatory, she finally left the office to dedicate herself completely to music, her life. He started singing when he was 8 years old. He has performed the choirs for artists such as Rocío Jurado in the Rocío always tribute , and even accompanied guitarists such as Manolo Sanlúcar .
On June 4, 2005, participates in the program People First of TVE , coupled by Maria Jimenez and from this program opened the doors for the development of their first album. At that moment, she achieved the highest share of the day, and the golden minute was when she sang soleá accompanying herself on the piano. From there, the record companies became interested in María Toledo, and finally she signed with Warner Music Spain.
He released his first album, called María Toledo in 2009, produced by Ismael Guijarro , Pablo Cebrián and Lin Cortés, with great acceptance among critics and the public and being recognized by the audience of Radio Televisión Española ( TVE ) as "the best new album of the year".
In 2012, his second album Uñas rojas produced by Óscar Gómez also by Warner Music Spain.
His latest album ConSentido released on February 3, 2015, is an album that revolutionizes the vision we have of Flamenco: maintaining the roots and respect for tradition, it evolves with the society of the 21st century. The piano is still his great companion, and that way of accompanying his voice with that instrument is completely innovative, which gives it a greater personality. With this last album she was nominated for two Latin Grammy Awards : Album of the year and Best Flamenco Music Album.
In 2016, he published his album "Magnética" which was again nominated for a Latin Grammy in the categories of best flamenco music album and best sound engineering.
In 2019 he publishes his fifth studio album, entitled Corazonada, which was released on May 10, 2019 by Universal Music Spain. Disc composed by herself. Disc awarded with the Radiolé Award 2019.
María Toledo has been able to triumph on such important stages, such as the Lope de Vega in Seville, the Théâtre de Nîmes in France, the Teatro del Canal and the Teatro Circo Price in Madrid. He has toured countries such as Israel, Turkey, Mexico, Italy, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, France, Madeira.
At present, she is the voice of Amor Brujo, touring such important stages as the Konzerthaus in Berlin, the Barbican in London, the Opera in Florence, Glasgow City Halls, Symphony Hall in Birmingham, The Queen's Hall, the National Auditorium in Madrid ... being accompanied by orchestras as prestigious as the BBC Symphony Orchestra , RAI National Symphony Orchestra, Konzerthausorchester Berlin, the National Orchestra of Spain, Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Orchestra del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino.
- 2009: Maria Toledo
- 2012: Red nails
- 2015: With Meaning
- 2016: Magnetic "
- 2019: "Hunch"
María Toledo her first album, released on June 9, 2009 by Warner Music Spain , produced by Ismael Guijarro, Pablo Cebrián and Lin Cortés. Go through the styles of flamenco, jazz and pop. The cantaor Arcángel, Carmen París and La Shica participate . Includes a version of Una tenth of a second by Nacha Pop .
- 1.- In black and white
- 2.- No more
- 3.- You are not going to embolize me (with Carmen Paris )
- 4.- Over time
- 5.- How difficult (with La Shica )
- 6.- Dime
- 7.- Every day on a path (with Archangel)
- 8.- That happens to me
- 9.- I warn you
- 10.- One tenth of a second
- 11.- Fragment
Red nails on May 18, 2012, his second album was released with Warner Music Spain , produced by Óscar Gómez . On this album, he continued with flamenco, jazz, Latin-jazz and pop styles. Collaborating are Miguel Poveda , David de María , his godmother María Jiménez , Rafael Amargo, Diego Carrasco or the Prague Symphony. Noteworthy is the harmonica by Antonio Serrano .
- 1.- Bad Head
- 2.- Give me a chance
- 3.- I will miss you
- 4.- María la Portuguesa (with Rafael Amargo )
- 5.- Red Nails (with Antonio Serrano )
- 6.- The One with Tousled Hair
- 7.- You will never forget me (with David de María )
- 8.- Que Le Den Candela (with María Jiménez )
- 9.- Puppet
- 10.- De Nada Vale (with Miguel Poveda )
- 11.- The Sun, the Salt, the Son (with Diego Carrasco )
- 12.- Soleá
- 13.- I'll Miss You (Full Version)
conSentido on February 3, 2015, his third album was released with Warner Music Spain , produced and performed by María Toledo herself . which has earned him the nomination for Best Album of the Year and Best Flamenco Album at the Latin Grammy Awards
- 1.- It comes and goes
- 2.- Retrecheros tangos
- 3.- You have something for me
- 4.- meaning
- 5.- Me hieres
- 6.- To Paco de Lucía
- 7.- Get away from me
- 8.- Compare
- 9.- Why are you lying to me
- 10.- The puddle
Magnetic on June 24, 2016, her fourth album was released with Warner Music Spain , produced and performed by María Toledo and Salomé Limón herself, and was once again nominated at the Latin Grammy Awards as Best Flamenco Album and best engineering of recording for an album.
- 1.- La Loca
- 2.- I'm Loving You Madly
- 3.- I'm coming home
- 4.- Rosa Maria
- 5.- I want to be alone
- 6.- Fall in love
- 7.- The Star
- 8.- I live my way
- 9.- Everything is colored
- 10.- Alone On My Balcony
Hunch on May 10, 2019, her fifth album was released with Universal Music Spain , produced and performed by María Toledo herself .
- 1.- Help me laugh
- 2.- There are plenty of reasons
- 3.- Mom
- 4.- The King of the Poachers
- 5.- Look at me
- 6.- World of Lies
- 7.- I deserve it
- 8.- Draw me a Heart
- 9.- Lawyer of Love
- 10.- Sevillanas de la Luz
- 11.- Sister
- 12.- Tientos de la Paloma
- 13.- And If You Go
- 13 + 1.- The King of the Poachers (Big Band Version)
Nominated in 2015 for the Latin Grammy Awards for her album conSentido, in two categories: Album of the year and best flamenco music album. Nominated in 2016 for the Latin Grammy Awards for her magnetic disc, in two categories: Best Flamenco Album and best recording engineering for an album.
Radiolé Award 2019 for his album "Corazonada".
- 1. er Prize novel in the Festival of Cante de las Minas .
- 1. er Prize songs compass in Mairena of the Alcor (Sevilla).
- 1 st Prize in the Biennial of Cadiz and special prize for the longest singer.
- Finalist in the Córdoba national contest in the Niña de los Peines and Camarón groups .
- 1 st Prize in La Fortuna (Leganés) and little prize for the songs interpreted.
- 1 st Prize in Pedro Muñoz (Ciudad-Real).
- 1. er Prize in Mora (Toledo).
- 1 st Prize in Taranta matrix sing in Cartagena (Murcia).
- 1. er Prize in Osuna (Seville) to under 20 years.
- 1. er Prize in Carmona (Seville) to under 20 years.
- 1. er Prize in Antequera (Malaga) to under 20 years.
- 1. er Prize Saetas Utrera (Seville).
- 2nd Prize for flamenco in Vejer de la Frontera (Cádiz).
- "María Toledo" . www.deflamenco.com . Retrieved November 13, 2017 .
- «María Toledo:« I have always felt different, I have tried to take my own path »» . abc . Retrieved November 13, 2017 .
- Maria Toledo :Nov 10 broadcast from 2015 of the Radio Clásica program Nuestro flamenco , with José María Velázquez-Gaztelu .
- María Toledo, magnetic :Oct 24 broadcast of our flamenco 2017 .
|Year||Prize / Contest||Category||Job||Outcome|
|2009||Spanish Television||New Album of the Year||Maria Toledo||Winner|
|2015||Grammy Latinos||Album of the year||spoiled||Nominated|
|Best Flamenco Music Album||spoiled||Nominated|
|2016||Grammy Latinos||Best Flamenco Music Album||magnetic||Nominated|
|Best Recording Engineering||magnetic||Nominated|
|2019||Radiolé Awards||Best Flamenco Music Album||Hunch||Winner|
|Control of authorities|| |