Mottschießen - Mottschieß
City of Pfullendorf
|Height :||637 m|
|Area :||1,55 km²|
|Residents :||131 (16. Jun. 2015)|
|Population density :||85 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1st January 1973|
|Postal code :||88630|
|Area code :||07552|
The small village is located in the Mottschieß Altmoränengelände east of Andelsbachtals ,  approximately 4.6 kilometers northeast of Pfullendorf at . Historically, it is on the border between Hohenzollern and Baden . There are large forests around the place, such as the “Pfullendorfer Wald” or the “ Weithart ” in the north.  The Mottschießer Graben , which touches the place in the south, is a right tributary of the Andelsbach.
Only the village Mottschieß belongs to the village of Mottschieß . 
Expansion of the area
The total area of the Mottschieß district covers 155 hectares. 
Finds from the Hallstatt period (around 2500 years ago) are early witnesses of human settlement on the district area.
Mottschieß was first mentioned in 1348 as Motschiesse and has belonged to the Sigmaringen rule since its first mention and from 1460 to the Sigmaringen county , which was awarded to the Counts of Zollern in 1535 . Sigmaringen was entitled to the lower court and the collection . The Pfullendorf hospital ruled until 1806. The Habsthal , Inzigkofen and Salem monasteries also owned the town . 
In the course of mediatization , Mottschies came to the Oberamt Sigmaringen as a rural community . This Hohenzollern Oberamt belonged to the Principality of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen from 1807 to 1850 and then as part of the Hohenzollern Lands of Prussia until its dissolution in 1925 . After the merger of the Gammertingen and Sigmaringen regional offices in 1925, Mottschies was part of the Sigmaringen district. 
Towards the end of World War II , a dud hit Mottschies in swampy terrain in 1945. In addition, a propeller-driven aircraft of the type Fieseler Fi 156 Storch had to make an emergency landing on Birkholz in 1945 . Three soldiers who deserted the Eastern Front and wanted to go to Switzerland only had enough fuel as far as Mottschies. The plane was plundered by the population: communion clothes were made from the white silk of the parachutes, and socks were knitted from braided ropes. After the place was liberated by French troops, they took the plane under guard.  Mottschies was part of the French zone of occupation .
In the late 1950s was in the forest "Weithart", northeast of the city and west of Levertsweiler , a location ammunition defeat of the Bundeswehr for the location established Pfullendorf and vineyard. Tactical nuclear weapons of the US armed forces were also stored in the bunker systems of the Mottschieß ammunition storage facility from 1969 to the 1980s .  
With the approval of the state government by resolution of August 10, 1965, the community Mottschies was renamed "Mottschieß" .  The community was in the course of on 1 January 1973 local government reform Baden-Wuerttemberg slammed the city Pfullendorf. [8th]
Mottschieß was in a dualistic parish : Protestant Christians belonged to the Hohenzollern Sigmaringen, Catholics from the Baden parish of Zell am Andelsbach . The right of patronage was granted to the city of Pfullendorf in 1694.  The Catholic parish today belongs to the pastoral care unit Oberer Linzgau.  Evangelicals to Pfullendorf. 
The village of Mottschieß has its own local council , which consists of seven voluntary local councils including a local mayor as chairman. The local council is directly elected by the people. The electoral term lasts five years. Since the municipal elections in Baden-Württemberg in 2014, the local council has been composed as follows:  
|Parties and constituencies||% |
|CDU||Christian Democratic Union of Germany||40,9||3||36,9||2|
|Voter turnout in%||82,4||85,5|
- since 1999: Erich Greinacher (Free Voters) 
coat of arms
The coat of arms of Mottschiess shows three (2: 1) swimming red fish (carp) in a divided shield above in gold , and below in red a standing golden deer . The three swimming fish in the upper part of the coat of arms indicate the long tradition of fish farming in Mottschiess. The stag indicates that the place once belonged to the county of Sigmaringen. The upper half of the shield reverses the Sigmaringer colors.
Culture and sights
- The Catholic Chapel of St. Maria (Schwäblishauser Straße 7) goes back to a late Gothic sacred building built in 1716 and demolished in 1968. Today's chapel was built with funds from the then independent community and with a lot of personal contribution and was consecrated in 1971. The outdoor area was renewed in 2014.   The furnishings include a Rosary Madonna (a wooden panel from the first half of the 17th century) and a Madonna and Child (a wooden sculpture around 1500).  The bell of the Marienkapelle was cast in Constance in 1759 and still rings daily at 6, 12 and 7 pm. 
- Stones from the Pfullendorfer Gebsentor were auctioned for 236 guilders for the construction of the “Frieden” inn . 
- The old town hall from 1950 was renovated in three steps. In 2011 a modern extension was opened. In 2015, the dry rot had to be fought in the basement of the old part of the building. The Dorfstube with kitchen is located in the building; this small hall can be rented for private events. 
- A trough fountain with the village coat of arms and the year splashes on the cobbled village square in the center of the village. 
- Between Mottschieß and Schwäblishausen there is the “Mottschießbaum”, a large linden tree, and a fenced metal field cross on a stone base. 
- The village tradition includes setting up a fool's tree and maypole.
- On the Sunday of the Spark, the Mottschieß jester society ignites a bonfire .
- The summer festival is organized every year by the Mottschieß jester society with the Schnellergilde. 
- Advent singing takes place annually on Rathausplatz.
Economy and Infrastructure
For centuries Mottschieß was mainly characterized by hunting and fishing. In the first half of the 19th century, the place had five artificially created urban ponds that were used for fish farming. Finally, the breeding pond in the Weiherwäldle was drained, where a fallow deer enclosure is located today. There were also numerous charcoal burners. From the original farm there are still four farms, two of which are full-time. There are numerous one-man businesses in the village, most of them on the side, however. 
The next kindergarten is St. Peter and Paul in Schwäblishausen. The children used to go to school in Zell (today's village community center), from the mid-1960s in Schwäblishausen (today's kindergarten) and now in the primary school at Härle in Pfullendorf. 
Mottschieß and its buildings are mainly to the left and right of Landesstraße 268, which leads from Pfullendorf to Mengen.
A separate newsletter called “Our Village” provides the citizens with current information. 
- Mottschieß on the website of the city of Pfullendorf
- Mottschieß (old community / suburb) on the website of www.leo-bw.de (regional information system for Baden-Württemberg)
- Districts on the website of the City of Pfullendorf , accessed on June 3, 2015
- Cf. Pfullendorf e) Mottschieß . In: The state of Baden-Württemberg. Official description by district and municipality. Volume VII: Tübingen administrative region. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-17-004807-4 . Pp. 834-841, here p. 837.
- Jürgen Witt (jüw): Peace march arouses fears . In: Südkurier of June 16, 2015
- Mottschieß . In: Walther Genzmer (Ed.): Die Kunstdenkmäler Hohenzollern. Volume 2; Sigmaringen district. W. Speemann, Stuttgart 1948. pp. 249 f.
- Jürgen Witt (jüw), Kirsten Johanson (kaj): That's what citizens say about Mottschieß . In: Südkurier from June 19, 2015.
- Kirsten Johanson (kaj): Mottschieß: Small village with many small businesses . In: Südkurier of June 16, 2015.
- GABl 412/1965
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27th, 1970 to December 31st, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 504.
- Result of Mottschieß local council election 2014 ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on the website of the city of Pfullendorf.
- Very high voter turnout . In: Südkurier of June 10, 2009.
- St. Maria (Schwäblishauser Straße 7, Pfullendorf) on the pages of www.leo-bw.de (regional information system for Baden-Württemberg)
- Claudia Wagner: Enthusiastic visitors to the Pfullendorfer city stories . In: Südkurier of March 8, 2015