Peter Wensierski - Peter Wensierski
He was also known for his books (including strikes in the name of the Lord ),  accompanying documentaries on television as well as winner of the German Film Prize for Prussian blue and a "European Television Award" in 1993 for a film about Berlin-Marzahn . 
Hans-Peter Wensierski was born in Heiligenhaus in 1954 and graduated from high school in Essen in 1973 . After studying journalism, politics and history in Berlin, from 1979 he was the youngest western travel correspondent in the GDR for the Protestant press serviceactive. In 1985 he was banned from working and entering Germany by the government of the GDR. During his correspondent activity in the GDR he published numerous reports, books and documentaries, among other things, on the opposition movement in the churches, among the youth and in artistic and intellectual circles. At the same time he was working on a dissertation on "Ecological problems and criticism of industrial society in the GDR today". 
On August 11, 2012, Peter Wensierski conducted a spontaneous interview with Limburg Bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Elst about his flight to India, as a result of which the Hamburg public prosecutor issued a penalty warrant against the bishop on September 25, 2013 for false affirmation of an oath requested. The criminal proceedings were discontinued in exchange for a payment of 20,000 euros by Tebartz-van-Elst.
- 2006: Media Prize of the German Child and Youth Welfare Service. 
- 2012: Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon 
- with Michael Sontheimer : Berlin - city of revolt. Ch. Links Verlag, Berlin, 2018, ISBN 978-3-86153-988-9 .
- The uncanny lightness of the revolution: How a group of young people from Leipzig dared the rebellion in the GDR. Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Munich 2017, ISBN 978-3-421-04751-9 .
- The forbidden journey. The story of an adventurous escape. Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Munich 2014, ISBN 978-3-421-04615-4 .
- Blows in the name of the lord. The suppressed history of children in care in the Federal Republic. Spiegel book publisher in the Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-421-05892-X .
- with Annette Bruhns: God's secret children. Daughters and sons of priests tell their fate. Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-421-05772-9 ; Revised paperback edition: dtv 34274, Munich 2006, ISBN 978-3-423-34274-2 .
- Ecological problems and criticism of the industrial society in the GDR today. Research report 1984–1986. Verlag Wissenschaft und Politik, Cologne 1988, ISBN 3-8046-8721-0
- Nothing grows from top to bottom - environmental destruction and protest in the GDR. Fischer-Verlag, Frankfurt / Main 1986, ISBN 3-596-24274-6
- with Wolfgang Büscher : Zero in the mood for GDR - youth dropping out in another Germany. (= Spiegel-Buch , Volume 47), Rowohlt Taschenbuch, Reinbek near Hamburg 1984, ISBN 978-3-499-33047-6 .
- with N. Haase, L. Reese: VEB youngsters - youth in the GDR. Rowohlt-Verlag, Hamburg 1983
- with Wolfgang Büscher, Klaus Wolschner: Swords to Plowshares - Peace Movement in the GDR. Volume 2. edition transit, Scandica-Verlag, Hattingen 1982, ISBN 978-3-88473-019-5 .
- with Wolfgang Büscher: Concrete is concrete - criticism of civilization from the GDR. Volume 1. edition transit, Scandica-Verlag, Hattingen 1981, ISBN 3-88473-016-9
- End of a secret service . ARD television film 1990
- You won't find me this time - Sascha Anderson. ARD television film 1988
- Berliner Blau by Hartmut Jahn and Peter Wensierski, 1986. The film won the 1986 Federal Film Prize.
- Transit dreams. Feature film 100 minutes, 1985/86 production, direction and screenplay with Hartmut Jahn
- Swords to plowshares. Pantafilm 1983
- Village church in the sea of houses - Christians in Marzahn. Pantafilm 1983
Film series in the magazine Kontraste , for which Peter Wensierski was responsible
- Contrasts: On the trail of a dictatorship , 3 DVDs; in collaboration with Roland Jahn and with a booklet by Ilko-Sascha Kowalczuk ; ed. from the Federal Agency for Civic Education and the Berlin-Brandenburg Broadcasting Corporation (rbb), Bonn 2005
- Departure in the east 1987–1989 
- Turning times 1990–1991 
- Literature by and about Peter Wensierski in the catalog of the German National Library
- The webpage for the book: Strikes in the Name of the Lord
- Article by Peter Wensierski in Der Spiegel
- Peter Wensierski - short portrait on Reporter-Forum.de
- Brief portrait on Zeitzeugenbuero.de
- Anne Will (TV broadcast) (ARD) from October 16, 2013: Will discusses with Wensierski, Hans-Jochen Jaschke , Ingrid Matthäus-Maier and Thomas Schüller the question: The case of the Bishop of Limburg - Does this church really want to be more modest? (73 min.)
- Peter Wensierski in the contemporary witness portal
- Peter Wensierski: Strikes in the name of the Lord . The suppressed history of children in care in the Federal Republic . Spiegel-Buchverlag in the Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-421-05892-X , Schlaege.com ( Memento of the original from August 27, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Peter Wensierski . perlentaucher.de
- Date: July 8, 1985. Subject: GDR . In: Der Spiegel . No. 28, 1985, S. 3 (online).
- Tissy Bruns: Peter Wensierski: "The silence is broken" . In: Der Tagesspiegel , June 26, 2008
- Hans-Peter Wensierski receives the Cross of Merit . ( Memento of the original from January 20, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Press release from January 18, 2012
- Contrasts - On the Trail of a Dictatorship: Awakening in the East 1987–1989 . Federal Agency for Civic Education
- Contrasts - On the trail of a dictatorship: Times of transition 1990–1991 . Federal Agency for Civic Education
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Wensierski, Hans-Peter (full name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German author, journalist and documentary filmmaker|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Heiligenhaus|