|"What I can do"|
| Single from Los Planetas|
from the Super 8 album
|B side|| Spiral (demo) |
Shadow King (mix 2)
Sonoland ( Madrid ) |
Estudios BMG Ariola SA (Madrid)
|Record label||RCA - BMG|
|Producer (s)||Until Oyonarte|
This song refers to the El Amador bar located in the university area of Granada. [ 1 ] The bar changed owners and now calls itself Taberna Los Vélez .
The singer and leader of the group, J , comments that with Super 8 already recorded "we had spoken with Luis Calvo to release it on Elefant , who had released our first EP, Medusa, but after finishing second in the Rockdelux demo contest , Javier arrived Linan which later became manager of the group- and said: "I am in RCA , wait a little, that I want it out" in the time we were waiting we changed the outlook, because we saw that could access other. mass audience, that of commercial radio stations, so we decided that we had to make a song that would make an impact in that medium. I thought of something likeGirl from yesterday , by Nacha Pop . That was a super clear reference (...) There are many things mixed. It's also based on a song by The Lemonheads , which was another group that we liked and that played a lot on commercial radio at the time. We had that intention: "We are a multinational and go into the circuit whichnever thought we would have access'" recalls [ 2 ]
- What can I do 03:06
- Spiral (demo) 03:50
- King Shadow (mix 2) 04:28
In 2005 it was included, in CD format, in the box Singles 1993-2004. All your A sides / All your B sides ( RCA - BMG ). The chest was reissued, on both CD and 10-inch vinyl , by October / Sony in 2015.
The promotional video for the song was directed by Jorge Ortiz de Landázuri , Pite Piñas, David López and Amparo Utrilla for Video Inferno.
It is available on the VHS Los Planetas. Videography (viacarla.com, 2000), as extraordinary content of Encounter with DVD entities (RCA - BMG 2002) and on the DVD Basic Principles of Astronomy (October - Sony Music Entertainment 2009).
Versions of What can I do
- Mr. Chinarro covered What I Can Do on the single shared with Los Planetas Su mapamundi, gracias / What can I do (Watercolor Discos, 1997), version also available in Mr. Chinarro's compilation of rarities Goodbye to the lake. The rarities of Antonio Luque 1993-2001 (Watercolor Discos, 2001).
- Pignoise , Gonzalo Ramos and Angy Fernández record What I Can Do on the benefit album Voces X1Fin: Juntos por Mali (Sony Music Entertainment, 2010). [ 3 ]
- Viva Portrait record What can I do for the compilation Benicàssim.pop Vol. 3 “Fiber Moments” (Benicàssim.pop, 2016). [ 4 ]
- Klaus & Kinski deliver their version of What can I do in the tribute album De viaje por Los Planetas (Ondas del Espacio, 2014).
- Los Bonsáis record Espiral for the tribute album De viaje por Los Planetas (Ondas del Espacio, 2014).
Versions of King Sombra
- Estela, with members Pájaro Jack and Aurora, record Rey Sombra for the tribute album De viaje por Los Planetas (Ondas del Espacio, 2014).
- "Bar El amador" . granadaclick.es. Archived from the original on May 13, 2017 . Retrieved October 2, 2015 .
- David Saavedra (March 1, 2015). «Loquillo vs. J Planets. The myth and the legend » . Rockdelux . Retrieved January 4, 2018 .
- X1 End. "X1Fin Voices: Duets and themes they interpret" . Archived from the original on December 3, 2010 . Retrieved December 4, 2010 .
- Indie Connection. «Benicàssim.pop starts a Verkami for its Vol. 3“ Fiber moments ”» . Retrieved January 13, 2016 .