Spanish Society of Criminology and Forensic Sciences - Sociedad Española de Criminología y Ciencias Forenses
|Spanish Society of Criminology and Forensic Sciences|
|President||Carlos Pérez Vaquero|
|Vice president||Carlos J. López Governed|
|Secretary||Angelica Gutierrez Gutierrez|
|Headquarters||Plaza del Viejo Coso 7, local 5 CP: 47003 Valladolid|
The Spanish Society of Criminology and Forensic Sciences , SECCIF, is a non-profit association that aims to promote research work in the field of criminology and forensic sciences, promote training in these fields, through courses, conferences, seminars, publications, exhibitions and other related activities.
SECCIF's activity focuses on three major blocks or pivots (professional technical, academic scientific and informative) to achieve the objectives set out below.
One of its main activities is continuous training, both for its associates and for anyone else interested in the courses, conferences or seminars it organizes. To carry out this action, SECCIF has been organizing courses since its inception, both its own, and in collaboration with other entities (General Foundation of the University of Valladolid, various Professional Associations, etc.).
Some of his courses have dealt with criminology, fingerprinting, human rights, criminal law, psychology, legal medicine, private investigation, handwriting expertise, criminal profiles, neuropsychology, etc. He also conducted face-to-face courses on forensic scenography and tracking dogs.
In 2014 SECCIF created the Higher Center for Criminological Studies , with which to carry out various courses through a virtual platform. Throughout these years, some of the old courses have been reissued and new ones have been introduced, in areas as varied as terrorism, gender violence, criminological law, document copying, graphology, forensic evaluation, victimology or forensic anthropology.
In addition to continuing training courses in online mode , SECCIF organizes the " Criminology Classroom " on the third Wednesday of each month , in collaboration with the Library of Castilla y León , where different experts give talks on topics related to criminology, aimed at general public.
One of its essential appointments is the celebration of national and international seminars , alternately, in November of each year. Since 2009, world-renowned figures have attended these events as speakers. Among them are personalities such as Mark Safarik, David Canter, Vicente Garrido, Lee Goff, Beatriz de Vicente, Thomas Neer, Eugénia Cunha, Javier Jordán, Pier Luigi Dell'Osso, José Antonio Lorente, Miguel Botella, Kathleen Reichs, José Ramón Navarro , Fernando Savater, etc.
Since 2008, SECCIF has edited the journal Quadernos de Criminología , a sixty-four-page quarterly publication, with quality content, dedicated to topics as varied as criminology and other related subjects, medicine, law, criminology, psychology, curiosities, etc. . Some of its sections are:
- Bibliography : several current book recommendations on any topic related to criminology and forensic science.
- QdC file : in which historical or current cases from Spain or other countries are reported, which are analyzed in depth in one or more of their aspects.
- Datagram : data, statistics, graphs and explanatory tables on some current criminological aspect.
- In albis : anecdotes and legal and criminological curiosities from all over the world and from all times, told in a very didactic way.
- In English : where international legal texts or curiosities are presented in English and Spanish.
- Investigators : section designed to meet people, groups and bodies, current and historical, who use research to solve crimes and mysteries.
- Lessons learned : section on an ever-current topic, terrorism.
- Unusual places: curious places from anywhere in the world, related to crime (streets, museums, monuments ...).
- Mafias and illicit traffic : study on the mafias of different countries and illegal traffic.
- Quilers de QdC : section on Spanish serial killers.
Formerly it had other sections, such as Criminal Episodes , Incised and Constant or Fiction Archive , in which a series of fiction was explained and compared with the reality of our country.
The magazine has its own page and is open to the participation of anyone who wishes to present quality articles related to the subject.
In addition to the magazine, it publishes other books, mainly the International Yearbook of Criminology and Forensic Sciences , annually, monographic books on different criminological subjects, book-discs. These are some of his publications:
- Monographs :
- Monographic of Criminology .
- Fingerprint Monographic .
- Monographic on Human Rights .
- Monographic on Methodology and Criminal Investigation Techniques .
- Monographic on Criminal Law .
- Monographic of Criminological Law .
- Handy pocket manuals :
- I: Criminology .
- II: Otogram .
- III: Organized crime .
- The bad arts: crime and painting : a work that aims to entertain, bringing the reader closer to one of the most unknown aspects of painting, when painters have captured crime-themed scenes on their canvases or when they have had a marked life for criminal conduct.
- International Yearbook of Criminology and Forensic Sciences (published each year in November). It consists, according to its length (from largest to smallest), of the following sections:
The Society has created the Vidocq-QdC Award for the best article, to promote the most advanced work of current criminology. It has been held annually since 2015. The award, consisting of a batch of criminological books and a scholarship for the seminar held by SECCIF each year, is awarded, along with an accrediting diploma, in an act held at the seminar itself in November.
It has also organized numerous exhibitions throughout the national territory, in collaboration with other institutions and universities (with the National Police, in the Black Week in Gijón and Pamplona, the Castilla y León Archive, etc.).
In the social network instagram he has created the profile @instacrimen , in order to make a guide to places of criminological interest and in which any interested party can participate.
Several of its members have collaborated on radio and television programs, both locally and nationally.
- Official page of the Spanish Society of Criminology and Forensic Sciences - SECCIF Official site
- Official page of the Higher Center for Criminological Studies - CSEC Official site
- Official page of the magazine "Quadernos de Criminología" Edited by SECCIF Official site
- Social network page of the project @instacrimen Social network