|Foundation||December 3 , 2015|
|Founder||Julio Di Bella [ 1 ]|
|Headquarters||Galileo No. 50, Polanco IV neighborhood, Miguel Hidalgo delegation, CP 11050 Mexico City|
|Managing Director||Bruno Pruneda |
|Trademarks|| Star TV |
|Services|| Satellite |
television Pay television
Star TV (legally registered as Televera Red SAPI de CV ) is a Mexican company that offers satellite television and satellite internet services (through its subsidiary Star Go), [ 3 ] which operates in most of the States of Mexico since December 2015 . [ 4 ]
Star TV starts during the first quarter of 2016 and until now uses the infrastructure capacity of the Eutelsat and Echostar satellites. [ 5 ] Previously, it transmitted its signals on the 2.5 GHZ band frequencies, which the regional television station TVZac maintains under concession in those geographical areas, meanwhile Star TV begins the migration from microwave ( MMDS ) to satellite ( DTH ) format [ 6 ]At first, the service was only available in Zacatecas, but thanks to its union with Eutelsat, the range to provide its services has increased little by little, since it signed an agreement to acquire Ka-band capacity on the Eutelsat 65 satellite. West A and thus be able to start with StarGo, a fixed broadband service, while the satellite pay television service is under the capacity of the Eutelsat 117 West A satellite . [ 7 ]
In December 2017, it had 150 thousand subscribers within the goal of reaching 450 thousand by the end of 2018. Currently, it has six strategically distributed teleports , from where they ensure the use of Ka and Ku band capacities to offer them to a low cost. Of the six ports, one is in Chile, another in Miami and four in Mexico (Monterrey, Chihuahua, Sonora and Zacatecas). [ 8 ]
During 2020, after acquiring the infrastructure of new satellites, Star TV manages to position itself as the fifth restricted television service in Mexico, only below the Totalplay service. This is in addition to the great effort made by the company to offer an efficient and low-cost service, accessible to the national market. [ 9 ]
In October 2020
Star TV added 5 more channels and increased the quality (HD) of the 5 channels with the highest audience in Mexico Azteca 1, Las Estrellas (Mexico), Channel 5, Azteca 7 channel, 6 (Multimedios television)
It is the division of StarGroup that provides satellite internet. Currently their connection speeds range from 1.5mbps to 20mbps with limited and unlimited plans. Star Go uses the Ka Band , which is a range of frequencies used in satellite communications and thanks to that it offers a wide spectrum of locations and their wavelengths allowing the transport of large amounts of data. [ 10 ]
- "Structure of Star TV" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- "Star TV, focuses its service in remote regions" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- «This company seeks to offer TV, telephony and streaming via satellite» . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- "Star TV coverage in the Mexican market" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- "StarGo Satellite Internet affiliate of Star TV, both owned by StarGroup" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- "New DTH service, Star TV" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- "StarGroup launches pay TV and Satellite Internet service" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- "Teleports of Star Tv" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- "Quarterly Report of the IFT of Restricted Television services" . Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- «Archived copy» . Archived from the original on December 1, 2017 . Retrieved November 25, 2017 .