In cost accounting , work planning and work preparation as well as in other areas of economic information is per piece such. B. Production time per piece, price per piece ( unit price ) usual. In packaging technology , the number of items is used to indicate the goods contained in a package .
Multiples of the number of pieces (also number of pieces) one are used to define additional units of measure, such as B. for the couple, the six-pack or the dozen.
The SI unit of the amount of substance , the mole , which is frequently used in the natural sciences, especially in chemistry , has been defined as a number of items since May 20, 2019: 1 mole corresponds exactly to the number of items. In words, that's roughly 602 trillion .
Some old counting measures (outdated units of measure) that are based on the piece are e.g. B.
In the trade in wood , such as sticks and barrel timbers, two different quantities were expected in Riga : 60 pieces were the wrecked shock and 62 pieces were the unracked shock . In the case of spruce boards and planks, the unshackled shock had 64 pieces and the broken shock had 60 pieces. The shock oak planks had 60 Kraveelen. The dimensions for a Kraveele ranged from 2½ inches thick and 24 feet long to 4½ inches thick and 9 feet long. 
- 1 piece of yarn = 10–20 ties
- 1 piece = 2 greats or 2 pieces = 1 sink
- 12–15 pieces = 1 almond
- 1 piece = 20 strands
- 12 Stück = 1 Molt
- 1 piece = 4 Roof = 20 reel snap
- 1 piece of yarn = 2400 draden
- 1 piece = 80 reeds
- 10–12 pieces = 1 bale (piece goods)
- Johann Christian Nelkenbrecher : JC Nelkenbrecher's general pocket book of coin, measure and weight, exchange, money and fund currencies, etc. together with an alphabetical index of the action companies. Georg Reimer, Berlin 1858, p. 422.