Suso Saiz in 2018
|Birth name||Jesus Saiz Alcantara|
|Birth|| 1957 |
Cádiz ( Spain )
|Occupation||musician, music producer|
|Instruments||guitar , piano|
|Related artists|| Orchestra of the |
Jesus Saiz Alcantara , [ 1 ] known artistically as Suso Saiz ( Cadiz , 1957 ) is a musician and music producer Spanish . He is considered one of the pioneers of New age music in Spain, and was one of the founders of the Orquesta de las Nubes in 1980 . [ 2 ]
Saiz has belonged to bands such as Esclarecidos and Los Piratas , of which he was also a producer, and has also produced works by artists such as Iván Ferreiro , Luz Casal , Christina Rosenvinge , Los Planetas , Tahúres Zurdos , Duncan Dhu , Celtas Cortos and Luis Eduardo Aute , among others. [ 3 ]
He has also composed original soundtracks for feature films , documentaries, television programs, and short films . He is also a composer of chamber music , and composed the musical setting for the Spanish pavilion at Expo Zaragoza 2008 . [ 4 ] He also composed the musical score for the successful program Al filo de lo impossible , broadcast by La 2 since 1982 . [ 5 ]
For his extensive work, he has received nominations and awards from the Academy of Arts and Sciences Cinematographic Spain ( Goya Awards ), Academia Mexicana de Arts and Sciences Film , Industry Association Phonographic American , Music Awards , Awards Television Academy , Zinebi Awards , Foyle International Film Festival Award . [ 4 ]
Born in Cádiz incidentally in 1957 , [ 6 ] Suso Saiz has developed his entire musical career in Madrid . [ 6 ] His first musical adventures occurred in his childhood, playing American folk music with a banjo , which was the first instrument he learned to play. [ 6 ] He later evolved into jazz , eventually playing in amateur jazz clubs. [ 7 ] After completion preuniversity enrolled inReal Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid , where he studied guitar from 1972 to 1977 . [ 3 ]
At the end of the 1970s , influenced by Luis de Pablo , he became interested in and experimented with the sounds of the electro-acoustic school , evolving towards the new New Age currents . Thus, in 1980 he founded the Orquesta de las Nubes, an experimental music group also composed of percussionist Pedro Estevan and soprano María Villa . [ 3 ] Also at this time he composed his first solo albums.
In the early 1990s he began to develop his role as a music producer , at a time of great effervescence in the Spanish music scene. He also develops an important composing activity, which ranges from chamber music to fusion of string scores with electronic music . [ 3 ] It is at the end of that decade when he begins his relationship with the Vigo group Los Piratas , whom he produces in 2003 his last album, Relax , joining the band as guitar. Precisely during the recording of Relax , he received an offer to produce an album ofJulio Iglesias , although he dismissed the possibility until the end of the Pirates album, which according to Suso Saiz "did not sit well" with the singer. [ 6 ] After the group's dissolution in 2004 , he continued to collaborate with its former members, producing solo albums by vocalist Iván Ferreiro and Fon Román . [ 3 ]
- The detective and death (1994) by Gonzalo Suárez .
- Africa (1996) by Alfonso Ungría .
- Katuwira, where dreams are born and grow (1996) by Íñigo Vallejo-Nágera .
- The miracle of P. Tinto (1998) by Javier Fesser .
- Boyfriends (1998) by Joaquín Oristrell .
- Play of Moon (2001) by Mónica Laguna .
- Singers: Iván Ferreiro , Luz Casal , Fon Román , Txetxo Bengoetxea , Javier Corcobado , Christina Rosenvinge .
- Pop-rock groups: Esclarecidos , Los Planetas , Los Piratas , Tahúres Zurdos , Duncan Dhu , Gossos , Soular Tribe , Celtas Cortos , Lliso ).
- Singer-songwriters: Pablo Guerrero , Luis Eduardo Aute , Diego Vasallo , Hilario Camacho , Javier Álvarez .
- Instrumentalists: Javier Paxariño , Joserra Semperena , Ildefonso Aguilar , Joxan Goikoetxea , Jorge Reyes .
- Electronic music: Justo Bagüeste .
- Folk: Beth , Joxan Goikoetxea and Juan Mari Beltrán .
- Twitter « Consult Saiz o Sáiz. »Accessed April 28, 2017
- Discogs « Suso Sáiz. »Accessed April 28, 2017
- History of rock music « Suso Saiz. »Accessed April 28, 2017
- RTVE « Chimes at 2, a story for the new year. »Accessed April 28, 2017
- RTVE « 25 years 'On the edge of the impossible'. »Accessed April 28, 2017
- EfeEme « Musicians in the shade: Suso Saiz, the music lover in continuous search. »Accessed April 28, 2017
- Jot Down « Suso Saiz:« The message of success in today's music is that you must renounce your own personality ». »Accessed April 28, 2017