|Telefónica del Sur SA|
|Industry||Telecommunications and IT Services|
|Foundation||April 29 , 1893|
|Headquarters||San Carlos 107, Valdivia|
|Operation area|| Maule |
|President||Juan Manuel Casanueva|
|General Manager||Maritza higueras|
Telsur TV Digital
|products||Internet, Fixed and Mobile Telephony, Television, Data Transmission, Data Center and IT Services|
Telsur , whose legal name is Telefónica del Sur SA , is a business unit belonging to Grupo Gtd that provides Telecommunications and IT Services in the area between the Maule region and the Aysén region .
Its current headquarters, commercial offices, general and corporate management are located in the city of Valdivia .
In mid- 1893, the National Telephone Company was born in Valdivia , by the hand of a group of businessmen of German origin settled in the city of Valdivia : Gustavo and Carlos Pröchelle, Arnulfo Anwandter, Reinaldo Harnecker and Ricardo Köerner. [ 1 ]
Although it is not a large company, it has stood out for being a technological pioneer: it was the first to offer National Direct Dialing, to implement caller identifiers, digital television, the first to offer ADSL broadband in cities outside of Santiago and wireless local telephony in Chile (Superinalámbrico). [ 1 ]
It is present in the Maule , Bíobío , Araucanía , Los Ríos , Los Lagos and Aysén regions ( Talca to Cochrane ). In the Aysén Region , Telsur operates through Telefónica de Coyhaique (Telcoy) and in Pucón, Loncoche and Villarrica, it operates through Plug And Play Net SA (P&P) and now also as Telsur in its new clients.
In June 2007, Telsur installed fiber optics to the Aysén Region on a route of 830 km. which included subsea sections and was partially financed by the telecommunications development fund. Thus the connectivity of said region was improved.
To support this network in the southern part of the country, and after being awarded a second fiber cabling project to improve the connection between Chiloé and Aysén. The longest submarine fiber optic stretch in Chile is inaugurated, with an extension of more than 350 km that connects Quellón, on the island of Chiloé, with Puerto Chacabuco, in the Aysén Region. This investment made with its own capital and deployed entirely throughout the national territory, allowed the company to ensure connectivity in the area between Puerto Montt and Coyhaique.
In December 2009, Telsur became a business unit of Grupo Gtd . Since that moment, the offer of the companies and corporations segment of southern Chile has been strengthened, in addition to deploying the most modern network, which today allows providing fiber optics to more than 80,000 homes in the south of the country and more than 10,000 companies, highlighting the connectivity delivered to the Aysén region, where nearly 9,000 homes have fiber optics, thus providing first-rate solutions and care in one of the most geographically complex areas of the country.
Their services are: [ 2 ]
- Home fixed network telephony.
- Internet for people and companies, by ADSL and fiber optic to the house (FTTH) . [ 3 ]
- Cell phone. Gtd Móvil: It is the first massive virtual mobile operator in the country, the one that uses the Movistar network to offer coverage throughout Chile. [ 4 ]
- Telefónica del Sur is the first company in Chile and South America to offer Wireless Digital Television via Internet ( IPTV ), WiTV wireless digital television . [ 5 ]
Telsur TV Digital
The pay TV service that Telefónica del Sur owns, being the first company in Chile and South America to offer the Wireless digital television service ( Wi-Fi ) - via the Internet ( IPTV ). It has a great coverage in the south of Chile , covering cities from Chillán to Chiloé , as well as Coyhaique . [ 3 ]
- Citation error:
<ref>Invalid label ; the content of the called references has not been defined
- bnamericas.com. "National Telephone Company, Telefónica del Sur SA" . Archived from the original on March 10, 2014 . Retrieved January 8, 2012 .
- fayerwayer.com (August 14, 2013). "100Mbps / 30Mbps Fiber Optic Review in southern Chile [FW Labs]" . Retrieved October 31, 2013 .
- Emol.com (June 15, 2011). "New mobile phone operator launched that promises better service and competitive prices . " Retrieved January 8, 2012 .
- «Telefónica del Sur launches Internet TV and arrives with 20 megabytes at home» . June 29, 2007 . Retrieved January 8, 2012 .