Uhlans-Regiment „Graf Haeseler“ (2. Brandenburgisches) Nr. 11 - Ulanen-Regiment „Graf Haeseler“ (2. Brandenburgisches) Nr. 11
Association membership 1914
With the Highest Cabinet Order (AKO) of May 12, 1860, the establishment of a 3rd combined Uhlan regiment was ordered. For this purpose, the Uhlan Regiments No. 3 and 6 and the Cuirassier Regiments No. 6 and 7 each had to surrender one squadron . The foundation date of the new regiment was set for May 7, 1860.  and the association distributed to the cities of Perleberg , Kyritz and Wusterhausen . From July 4, 1860, the association was named 2nd Brandenburg Uhlan Regiment No. 11 . After the end of theDuring the war against the German Confederation , the Uhlans moved to the new garrisons of Altona , Wandsbek and Itzehoe , where they remained until 1873. After returning from France, where the association had been assigned to the occupation forces on the occasion of the Franco-Prussian War , the Uhlans again moved into the original garrisons in Perleberg, Kyritz and Wusterhausen. On April 1, 1890, the regiment moved to its last garrison in Saarburg in Lorraine. On 18 May 1903 the regiment was by Wilhelm II. The new name Lancers Regiment "Graf Haeseler" (2nd Brandenburg) no. 11 granted which it used as its last name from then on.
In the war against Austria in 1866, the regiment fought in Bohemia (on June 26th near Liebenau ) and took part in the battle of Königgrätz on July 3rd, 1866 . It distinguished itself on July 15 at Nikolsburg in the attack against a combined Austrian cuirassier brigade.
During the Franco-Prussian War, the regiment initially remained in the reserve and provided coastal protection on the North Sea until August 1870 . From September 1870 the association moved to France, fought in front of Metz , near Reims , from September 13th to 18th in the enclosure of Toul and was with the siege army in front of Paris from October 18th to November 8th . In November 1870 he was transferred to the Southwest Army with fighting against the French Loire Army in the battle of Le Mans (January 10th to 12th, 1871) and Tours . After the armistice, the Uhlans remained with the occupying forces in France until July 1873.
First World War
At the beginning of the First World War, the regiment advanced on August 3, 1914 with its sister regiment, the Schleswig-Holstein Uhlan Regiment No. 15 , with which it was part of the 42nd Cavalry Brigade ( 7th Cavalry Division) for almost the entire war ) should stay on the Western Front . First, the Uhlans guarded the border in Lorraine and then advanced on Amiens and Compiègne in September . After the Battle of the Marne and the associated retreat, the Uhlans took part in the so-called race to the seapart and then fought, partly already dismounted, until December 1914 on the right wing of the German front in Belgium and northern France. In April 1915, the association moved to the Vosges and fought dismounted at the Hartmannsweilerkopf . Thereafter (exact time nB) the regiment provided rearward services (courier and security tasks) in Belgium until mid-1916, before it was transferred to the Eastern Front on December 15, 1916 . Here, the Lancers fought partly in trench warfare against Dinaburg in Estonia and Livonia. In the spring of 1918 it was moved back to the western front, where the horses were surrendered and the unit was used as a cavalry rifle regiment from May 1918 onwards.
The first head of the regiment became Archduke Rudolf of Austria-Hungary on August 9, 1877 . After his death, the future General Field Marshal Gottlieb von Haeseler received this high position on May 10, 1899.
|Major||Hermann von Krosigk||May 12th to June 30th 1860 (entrusted with the tour)|
|Major/Oberstleutnant||Hermann von Krosigk||July 1, 1860 to March 6, 1863|
|Lieutenant colonel||Charles of Sixthin||March 7, 1863 to April 2, 1866|
|Lieutenant colonel||Friedrich Wilhelm zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen||April 3 to October 29, 1866|
|Major/Oberstleutnant/Oberst||August to Solms-Wildenfels||October 30, 1866 to July 11, 1873|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Gottlieb von Haeseler||July 12, 1873 to February 10, 1879|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Hermann von Liebermann||February 11, 1879 to June 11, 1886|
|Lieutenant colonel||Alexander of Jerin||June 12, 1886 to January 16, 1888|
|Lieutenant colonel||Jaroslaw von Rothkirch and Panthen||January 17, 1888 to May 13, 1890|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Berthold von Schaumberg||14. May 1890 to 13. May 1894|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Alfred Arent||May 14, 1894 to June 15, 1896|
|Lieutenant colonel||Hugo Thies||June 16, 1896 to August 17, 1898|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Richard of Conrad||18. August 1898 to 16. May 1902|
|Lieutenant colonel||Hans von Kemnitz||May 17, 1902 to January 6, 1904|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Fritz Thiergärtner-Drummond||January 7, 1904 to April 13, 1907|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Konrad Dietz from Bayer||April 14, 1907 to April 19, 1910|
|Major/Oberstleutnant||Friedrich von Studnitz||April 20, 1910 to April 17, 1913|
|Major/Oberstleutnant||Karl Epner||April 18, 1913 to January 12, 1918|
|Major||Richard Brustellin||January 13 to July 9, 1918|
|Major||Hans von Esebeck||July 10 to September 2, 1918|
|Major||Wolfgang Schwartz||September 22-29, 1918|
|Major||Siegfried von Lentzke||September 30 to November 28, 1918|
|Major||Hans Ulrich von Stephany||November 29, 1918 to January 19, 1919|
|Oberst||Karl Epner||January 20, 1919 until dissolution|
The Uhlans wore a dark blue tunic called ulanka . This was provided with Polish surcharges and was given an unbuttonable parade discount for the parade. A white horsehair bush was attached to the chapka for the parade. The regimental number was on the shoulder pieces and epaulettes .
The so-called badge color of the regiment was lemon yellow. The parade discounts of the ulanka and the chapka , the epaulette fields and passers-by were of this color . Likewise the cuffs, the piping and the collar. The buttons and fittings were brass in color. A white bandolier with a black cartridge ran from the left shoulder to the right hip . The breeches were anthracite-colored.
Already ordered by AKO on February 14, 1907 and gradually introduced from 1909/1910, the colorful uniform was replaced for the first time by the field-gray field service uniform (M 1910) on the occasion of the imperial maneuver in 1913. This was completely like the peace uniform. The leather gear and the boots were natural brown, the chapka was covered by a fabric cover called reed-colored. The bandolier and the cartridge were no longer attached to this uniform.
- Jürgen Kraus : The German Army in the First World War. Uniforms and equipment. 1914 to 1918. (= catalogs of the Bavarian Army Museum Ingolstadt 2), edited by Stefan Rest, Verlag Militaria, Vienna 2004, ISBN 3-9501642-5-1 .
- Karl von Schöning: History of the 2nd Brandenburg Uhlan Regiment No. 11 from its foundation to January 1, 1885. ES Mittler & Sohn , Berlin 1885.
- Hugo FW Schulz: The Prussian Cavalry Regiments 1913/1914. According to the law of July 3, 1913. Podzun-Pallas-Verlag, Friedberg 1985, ISBN 3-7909-0236-5 (licensed edition. Weltbild Verlag, Augsburg 1992).
- Our Old Army's Hall of Fame. Published on the basis of official material from the Reichsarchiv , Militär-Verlag, Berlin 1927, p. 32
- Ordinance sheet of the Royal Bavarian War Ministry 1903. Printed in the K. Bavarian War Ministry, Munich 1903, p. 127.
- Günter Wegmann (ed.), Günter Wegner: Formation history and staffing of the German armed forces 1815-1990. Part 1: Occupation of the German armies 1815–1939. Volume 3: The occupation of the active regiments, battalions and departments from the foundation or list until August 26, 1939. Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1993, ISBN 3-7648-2413-1 , pp. 170f.