The Brandenburg Constitutional Protection is a department of the Ministry of the Interior in the state of Brandenburg and therefore not an independent authority as in other federal states such as Bavaria or Saxony . The head office is in Potsdam .
Department V of the Ministry of the Interior has been divided into six units since the beginning of 2004. 
- 1. Law, G 10 , data protection, business processes, technology, operational security
- 2. Prevention, public relations, protection of the constitution through education
- 3. Observation
- 4. Obtaining political extremism
- 5. Evaluation of political extremism
- 6. Counter-espionage, security protection
|1991–1996||Wolfgang Pfaff ||From 1979 to 1991 chief terrorist investigator in the federal prosecutor's office in Karlsruhe. His wife Waltraud committed suicide in June 1999. As criminal director in the Brandenburg Ministry of the Interior, she headed the department for counter-espionage and cult control. |
|1996 - October 1998||Hans-Jürgen Foerster ||2000–2008 permanent representative of the head of the Internal Security Department in the Federal Ministry of the Interior . From 2008 Federal Prosecutor at the BGH. Will have seen Ralf Wohlleben on a list of V-people as part of the NPD ban proceedings . |
|November 1998 - October 1999||Hasso Lieber  ||Was temporarily retired by the then Interior Minister of the State of Brandenburg, Jörg Schönbohm . Lieber was appointed State Secretary of Justice in Berlin in 2007.|
|January 15, 2000 - December 2004 ||Heiner Wegesin||From 1988 he worked for the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution and from 1994 in the Federal Chancellery as a consultant. From spring 2006 to July 2011 he was department head at the Federal Intelligence Service|
|December 31, 2004  - May 31, 2013||Winfriede Schreiber||Former police chief of Frankfurt (Oder)|
|June 1, 2013  - End of 2017    ||Carlo Weber||Former Chief Public Prosecutor in Frankfurt (Oder)|
|February 1, 2018  - December 19, 2019 ||Frank Nürnberger||Former head of the Central Immigration Office in Brandenburg.|
|since February 10, 2020 ||Jörg Müller|
- Toni Stadler was involved in printing the booklet for the CD Ran an den Feind der Musikgruppe Landser , which was declared a criminal organization by the Federal Court of Justice in March 2005 .  
- Carsten Szczepanski   - V-man leader Gordian Meyer-Plath
- Ernst Uhrlau . In: Der Spiegel , No. 39/1991, September 23, 1991.
- Organization and structure of the protection of the constitution on its website
- Potsdam's head of the protection of the constitution wants to try his hand at law: Pfaff leaves his post . In: Berliner Zeitung , April 18, 1996.
- Krause theories: Interview with Brandenburg's constitution protection chief Wolfgang Pfaff about the fear of the West Germans of the PDS . In: Der Spiegel , No. 10/1996, March 4, 1996.
- Timm Schümann: The most senior policewoman committed suicide . In: Die Welt , June 22, 1999.
- Matthias Kraus: New head of the protection of the constitution does not want the PDS to be observed: Hans-Jürgen Förster returns with a “slouch hat” . In: Berliner Zeitung , November 12, 1996.
- Frank Jansen : Difficult clarification: NSU investigative committee demands clarity about possible undercover agents . In: Der Tagesspiegel , September 26, 2012.
- Michael Mara: PDS sees change of course in the protection of the constitution . In: Der Tagesspiegel , October 22, 1999.
- The new head of the Brandenburg constitutional protection is CDU man Heiner Wegesin . In: Der Tagesspiegel , December 21, 1999.
- Gudrun Mallwitz: New Head of the Protection of the Constitution: Minister of the Interior lifts Police President of Frankfurt (Oder), Winfriede Schreiber, into office . In: Die Welt , November 24, 2004.
- Carlo Weber becomes the new head of the protection of the constitution . In: Potsdam Latest News , May 15, 2013.
- Frank Nürnberger becomes the new head of the protection of the constitution. (PDF) January 9, 2018, accessed May 15, 2018 .
- Delay in the change in the Brandenburg Constitutional Protection Carlo Weber leaves, but who comes? , PNN December 8, 2017
- Constitutional protection chief Weber is retiring , Ministry of the Interior and for Local Authority Brandenburg (MIK) December 29, 2017
- What carries you? Potsdam TV, June 7, 2017
- Igor Göldner and Ulrich Wangemann: Frank Nürnberger is the new head of the protection of the constitution. The head of the Central Immigration Office (ZABH) in Eisenhüttenstadt, Frank Nürnberger, will take over the management of the Office for the Protection of the Constitution in the Ministry of the Interior on February 1st. This was reported from the Ministry of the Interior. January 3, 2018, accessed May 15, 2018 .
- Ulrich Wangemann, Oliver von Riegen: Constitutional protection chief Nürnberger must go. December 19, 2019, accessed December 20, 2019 .
- Jörg Müller declares war on extremists online. Potsdam Latest News , February 10, 2020, accessed May 18, 2020 .
- Martin Klesmann: "But keep your booth clean" . In: Berliner Zeitung , November 6, 2002.
- V-Mann is said to have worked for a neo-Nazi band. "Landser" calls for murder . In: Der Tagesspiegel , August 11, 2002.
- On the trail of the NSU misled by Alexander Fröhlich, PNN November 17, 2016
- Verfassungsschützer lied in the NSU trial , by Per Hinrichs, Die Welt November 16, 2016