Waterways and Shipping Office Berlin - Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamt Berlin
Waterways and Shipping Office Berlin
|Supervisory authority||Directorate-General for Waterways and Shipping|
|Authority management||Katrin Urbitsch|
The Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamt Berlin (WSA Berlin) was a waterways and shipping office in Germany. It belonged to the service area of the General Directorate for Waterways and Shipping (formerly: Waterways and Shipping Directorate East ). On September 15, 2020, the newly formed Spree-Havel Waterways and Shipping Office opened up. 
Area of responsibility
The Berlin Waterways and Shipping Office was responsible for the federal waterways in Berlin , the Rüdersdorfer Waters, the Dahme Waterways , the Storkower and Teupitz Waters and the Spree-Oder Waterways to the Oder in Eisenhüttenstadt .
Area of responsibility
The tasks of the Waterways and Shipping Office Berlin included:
- Maintenance of the federal waterways in the official area
- Operation and maintenance of structures such as B. Weirs , locks and bridges
- Extension and new construction
- Maintenance and operation of the navigation signs
- Measurement of water levels
- Takeover of electricity and shipping police tasks.
The suburbs in Spandau , Neukölln , Erkner , Kummersdorf and Fürstenwalde as well as the Grünau building yard belonged to the Berlin Waterways and Shipping Office . In addition to maintaining various facilities and buildings, the outer districts were also responsible for maintaining and operating the barrages (weirs and locks) in the respective administrative area.
- The suburbs in Spandau was responsible for the Berlin-Spandau Canal , the Charlottenburg Canal , the Wannsee , the Havel-Oder waterway , the Ruhlebener oxbow lake, the Spree-Oder Waterway (from km 0.0 to km 14.5) , the Tegeler See , the Untere Havel waterway , the Westhafen Canal and the Westhafen connecting canal.
- The outskirts in Neukölln were responsible for the Spree-Oder waterway from the Humboldthafen (km 14.5) to the mouth of the Britz connecting canal (km 26.4), the Rummelsburger See , the Neukölln shipping canal , the Britzer connecting canal , the Landwehr canal from the Spreekreuz (km 0.0) to the Osthafen (km 10.74), the Teltow Canal from Potsdam (km 0.0) to Grünau (km 37.83), the Griebnitz Canal including Stölpchensee , Pohlesee and Kleiner Wannsee .
- The outskirts in Erkner were responsible for the Große Krampe , the Langerhans Canal , the Löcknitz, the Müggelspree (from km 0.0 to km 11.85), the Rüdersdorfer waters, the Spree-Oder waterway (from km 26.4 to km 60.0) and the Seddinsee and Gosener Canal .
- The outer district in Kummersdorf was responsible for the Dahme waterway , the Notte , the Zernsdorfer Lanke, the Möllenzugsee, the Wernsdorfer Seenkette and the Storkow waters ( Scharmützelsee , Wendisch Rietzer Fließ, Dolgensee, Großer Storkower See , Storkower Canal , Stahnsdorfer Fließ , Wolziger See , Bloßiner Fließ and Langer See ) and Teupitzer waters ( Teupitzer See , Schweriner See , Zemminsee , Schulzensee , Großer Moddersee , Klein Köriser See ,Holzerner See and Schmöldesee ).
- The suburbs in Fürstenwalde was responsible for the Brieskower channel, Drahendorfer Spree, the little Müllroser lake , the Neuhauser supply duct that Müggelspree (from km 44.85 to km 45.10) and the Spree-Oder Waterway (from km 60, 0 to km 130.15)
- In particular, the Grünau building yard took care of maintenance and repair work on ships and systems belonging to the Berlin Waterways and Shipping Office.
- Lock Charlottenburg ( Spree , Spree-Oder-Wasserstraße km 6.1)
- Mühlendamm lock (Spree, Spree-Oder-Wasserstraße km 17.8)
- Spandau lock ( Havel , Havel-Oder waterway km 0.58)
- Oberschleuse, Berlin ( Landwehr Canal km 10.75)
- Lower lock, Berlin (Landwehr Canal km 1.67)
- Plötzensee lock ( Berlin-Spandau shipping canal km 7.45)
- Neukölln lock ( Neukölln connecting canal , managed by the City of Berlin)
- Kleinmachnow lock ( Teltow Canal km 8.34)
- Former lock of Große Tränke (Spree-Oder-Wasserstraße km 68.75 - dismantled in 2004)
- Fürstenwalde lock (Spree-Oder waterway km 74.75)
- Kersdorf lock (Spree-Oder waterway km 89.73)
- Kummersdorf lock ( Storkower waters km 10.25)
- Storkow lock (Storkow waters km 15.42)
- Wendisch-Rietz lock (Storkower waters km 22.74)
- Wernsdorf lock (Spree-Oder waterway km 47.60)
- Woltersdorf lock ( Rüdersdorfer waters km 3.78)
- Neuhaus lock ( Neuhaus feeder channel km 2.75)
- Neue Mühle lock ( Dahme waterway km 9.50)
- Eisenhüttenstadt twin shaft lock (Spree-Oder waterway km 127.3)
- Former city lock ( Spree Canal km 0.9 - available, but closed by a concrete slab, parallel to the Mühlendamm lock)
View of the Stölpchensee
Small vehicle license plate
- Started - New Waterways and Shipping Office for Spree and Havel! Press release of September 22, 2020, WSA Spree-Havel, accessed on September 29, 2020.