Waterways and Shipping Authority Danube MDK - Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamt Donau MDK
Waterways and Shipping Authority Donau MDK
|Supervisory authority||Directorate-General for Waterways and Shipping|
|founding||2. May 2019|
|Authority management||Guido Zander|
The Office on May 2, 2019 the merger of the existing waterways and shipping offices Nuremberg and Regensburg emerged  and the third new waterways and shipping authority in the course of ministries reform. The "MDK", which is always abbreviated in the official name of the office, means the Main-Danube Canal .
The tasks of the Waterways and Shipping Office include:
- Maintenance of the federal waterways in the official area
- Operation and maintenance of structures, e.g. B. locks , weirs and bridges
- Extension and new construction
- Maintenance and operation of the navigation signs
- Acquisition and evaluation of water levels , runoff and environmentally relevant data
- Takeover of electricity and shipping police tasks.
- New waterways and shipping office for Danube and Main-Danube Canal opened! Directorate-General for Waterways and Shipping , May 2, 2019, accessed on May 2, 2019 .