Ems-Nordsee Waterways and Shipping Office - Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamt Ems-Nordsee
Waterways and Shipping Authority Ems-Nordsee
|Supervisory authority||Directorate-General for Waterways and Shipping|
|founding||January 15, 2020|
|Authority management||Hermann Poppen|
The office emerged on January 15, 2020 from the amalgamation of the previous waterways and shipping authorities in Meppen and Emden and became the sixth new waterways and shipping office formed in the course of the official reform.
The tasks of the Waterways and Shipping Office include:
- Maintenance of the federal waterways in the official area
- Operation and maintenance of structures, e.g. B. locks , weirs and bridges
- Extension and new construction
- Maintenance and operation of the navigation signs
- Acquisition and evaluation of water levels , runoff and environmentally relevant data
- Takeover of electricity and shipping police tasks.
- New waterways and shipping office for Ems and North Sea started! GDWS , January 15, 2020.