Waterways and Shipping Office Hann. Münden - Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamt Hann. Münden
Waterways and Shipping Office Hann. Münden
|Supervisory authority||Directorate-General for Waterways and Shipping|
|founding||1. November 1949|
|Authority management||Henning Buchholz|
|Servants||that. two hundred|
The waterways and shipping office Hann. Münden (WSA Hann. Münden) was a waterways and shipping authority in Germany. It belonged to the service area of the General Directorate for Waterways and Shipping , formerly Waterways and Shipping Directorate Central .
Area of responsibility
The waterways and shipping office Hann. Münden was responsible for the federal waterways Weser from Hann. Münden to Kleinenwieden (km 154.0, border with the administrative area of the Minden Waterways and Shipping Office ), the Werra from Falken and the Fulda from Mecklar to Hann. Münden. Furthermore, the waterways and shipping authority Hann. Münden responsible for the Eder and Diemel dams . It was the only waterways and shipping office that managed dams .
Area of responsibility
Regarding the tasks of the Waterways and Shipping Office Hann. Münden belonged to:
- Maintenance of the federal waterways in the official area
- Operation and maintenance of structures such as weirs , locks and bridges
- Management of the Eder and Diemel dams
- Extension and new construction
- Maintenance and operation of the navigation signs
- Measurement of water levels
- Takeover of electricity and shipping police tasks.
The former logo of the waterways and shipping office Hann. Münden shows a dam that can be used to regulate the water level of a river to ensure that it can be shipped. The illustration was representative of the Eder and Diemel dams and the Weser.
As part of a structural reform of the waterways in Germany planned for 2011, consideration was given to no longer maintaining the Upper Weser for freight traffic. In this context, a closure of the waterways and shipping office Hann. Münden thought about it. However, these considerations were rejected in April 2011.  The amalgamation of the waterways and shipping authorities in Hann. Münden, Verden and Minden were considered.  The Minden Waterways and Shipping Office opened in February 2020 in the new Mittelland Canal / Elbe Side Canal waterway and shipping office, the waterways and shipping authorities Hann. Münden and Verden in the new waterways and shipping office Weser.
Small vehicle license plate
- Andrea Rabini (Red.): Festschrift 100 years Edertalsperre , ed. from the Waterways and Shipping Office Hann.Münden, Rostock: Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency, 2014
- Mündener Amt not endangered , Hessische / Niedersächsische Allgemeine Zeitung , April 15, 2011. Accessed on October 12, 2011
- Jobs at risk: Ministry wants to merge WSA , Hessische / Niedersächsische Allgemeine Zeitung, May 3, 2011. Retrieved on October 12, 2011