Minden Waterways and Shipping Office - Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsamt Minden
Minden Waterways and Shipping Office
|Supervisory authority||Directorate-General for Waterways and Shipping|
|founding||1. November 1949|
|resolution||5th February 2020|
|Headquarters||Everything - Nordstadt|
|Authority management||Henning Buchholz|
The Minden Waterways and Shipping Office (WSA Minden) was a waterways and shipping office in Germany. It belonged to the service area of the General Directorate for Waterways and Shipping , formerly Waterways and Shipping Directorate Central .
By merging the waterways and shipping authorities in Minden, Braunschweig and Uelzen , the new waterways and shipping authorities in the Mittelland Canal / Elbe Lateral Canal were merged on February 5, 2020 .
The Waterways and Shipping Office operated an information center at the Minden waterway intersection as part of its public relations work .
Area of responsibility
In 1978, when the federal water and shipping administration was reformed, the Minden-Weser, Minden-Mittelland Canal and Osnabrück water and shipping offices were merged to form the Minden water and shipping office, and the boundaries with the neighboring offices were redefined. Thereafter, the area of responsibility comprised the Mittelland Canal from Bergeshövede (km 0.0) to Sachsenhagen (km 128.14), the Ibbenbüren and Osnabrück branch canals , the Minden waterway intersection with the connecting canals north and south to the Weser and the Weser from Großenwieden (km 154.0 ) to Petershagen (km 213.0).
Area of responsibility
The tasks of the Minden Waterways and Shipping Office included:
- Maintenance of the federal waterways in the official area
- Operation and maintenance of structures such as B. Locks and bridges
- Extension and new construction
- Maintenance and operation of the navigation signs
- Measurement of water levels
- Takeover of electricity and shipping police tasks
- Public relations work in the area of the Minden waterway crossing with a shipping museum.
- The Bramsche suburb was responsible for the Mittelland Canal from km 0.0 to km 43.2, the Ibbenbüren branch canal and the Osnabrück branch canal with the Hollage and Haste locks .
- The outskirts of Bad Essen were responsible for the Mittelland Canal from km 43.2 to km 90.0.
- The outer district of Minden was responsible for the Mittelland Canal from km 90.0 to km 128.14 (border to the official area of the former Waterways and Shipping Office Braunschweig ), the waterway cross Minden with the connecting canals north and south to the Weser and the shaft lock Minden , the Upper and Unteren Schleuse Minden and the Weser from km 154.0 (border to the official area of the waterways and shipping office Hann. Münden ) to km 213.0 north of Minden (border to the official area of the waterways and shipping office in Verden ).
- In particular, the Minden building yard took on maintenance and repair tasks on ships and facilities belonging to the Minden Waterways and Shipping Office.
Minden district and operations center
The district and operations center Minden is responsible for the central water management, the remote control and monitoring of facilities and the nautical information service in the service area of the Hanover branch of the General Directorate for Waterways and Shipping and thus in the area of the Mittelland Canal, the Elbe Lateral Canal and the Mittelweser as well as some Tributaries.
Central water management
The central water management of the Minden district and operations center monitors the water levels in the Mittelland Canal and Elbe Lateral Canal and is responsible for compensating for water loss through locks , seepage, abstraction and evaporation or water level increases through precipitation, discharges and the influence of wind, and thus ensures for as constant a channel depth or clearance height under bridges as possible.
Remote control and monitoring of systems
The nautical information radio serves to exchange messages between road users on the waterways in the service area of the Hanover branch of the General Directorate for Waterways and Shipping and the Waterways and Shipping Administration. The Bevergern , Hemelingen and Rothensee radio stations are also connected to the Minden district and operations center, which is manned around the clock.
The Minden control center, from which the lock operation is controlled, is also located at the former Minden Waterways and Shipping Office. The control center (formerly the remote control center for locks) was put into operation on February 5, 2004. Locks from the official areas of the waterways and shipping authorities in Verden and Minden are connected.  
- Official area fairway and Schifffahrtsamt Verden (locks in the Mittelweser)
- Petershagen lock
- Schluesselburg lock
- Landesbergen lock
- Drakenburg lock
- Dörverden lock *)
- Langwedel lock
*) Connection planned
- Minden Waterways and Shipping Office
Locks of the Minden waterway intersection
Locks on the Osnabrück branch canal
- Hollage lock
- Haste lock
Small vehicle license plate
- WSV control center , Waterways and Shipping Office Minden. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- Lock remote control , Minden Waterways and Shipping Office. Retrieved August 2, 2018.